Region 7AA Tournament

We weren't yelling during the national anthem! As for the thing about the kid getting pulled out by the cops, I only heard and didn't see. One of the cops also pulled one of our kids down and straightened him out as well before the game long before Milan students got there. The cops told them to get in the stands and someone smarted off and they brought him down too.

For Butler, she's the second best player in the District behind Poston as Poston does have 2 years advantage on her. Butler COULD NOT be stopped offensively. She also had a quicker and taller Gray on her! Butler is the real deal and will lead Gibson Co. for the next 2 years! Don't forget, only 1 Senior starting this year and possibly the best Freshman class to come through Gibson Co. next year! It's going to be a great couple of years!

The Milan kids were being disrespectful during the start of the Anthem, and needed to be addressed. Now, if they were not aware that it had started (hard to understand how), maybe understand. However, the police may have went overboard. I understand there also was a Cheerleader verbal exchange after the game, including tearing up of signs of which was initiated by GC. Also, there was a Milan parent that had to be restrained from a police officer after the game. Wow. Although we need to make sure our players, cheerleaders and fans are respectful and show class, I do love the passion. We need to have more of this, as GC / Milan is becoming a huge rivalry. Don't get me wrong, adults need to set a good examples for our kids and not get crazy. But, show passion in backing your team, while respecting the other. If, if, this gets to a State Championship game, the crowds could be great.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you folks need to realize that this is JUST a game and these are just high school kids who love to play the game and are competitive.. Hopefully the Crap that went on around the game doesn't take away from the effort of both teams.. One thing is for sure- BOTh teams still have a basketball season and are still playing. Yes, Butler is the REAL deal and the ultimate "team player" she's a winner and showed

a ton of leadership skills to just be a Sophomore. Her next two years will be fun to watch.

Milan- still lives to fight another day and will have to go to Memphis to take on a good Hillcrest team.

Crystal Riley(signed with LSU) can flat out play and in my opinion is better than the Houston girl they had a couple of years ago when they defeated Northside for the state title.

Gray needs to continue to play well and set the tone for the Lady Dawgs to have a chance and move on to the BORO- she's played the best overall in the post-season for the Milan team and they'll win or lose based on her.

Good luck to both Milan and GC in the sub-state SAturday.. Represent NW Tennessee well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now that I have had a chance to cool down i wish to reiderate several statements i made last night and withdraw Milan evil wish for GC to lose

First off, Absolutely none of our students were aware of the anthem and I have talked to one of my friends who was with us last night about it and he says the anthem was not started until after the Cops jumped in on us... That is what caused the rukus during the anthem there was still time on the clock when we started our chanting... This is addressed to one soldier that tried to say something about our soldiers 5000 miles away and how we disrespected them, that statement is appalling we love our country and would never intentionally disrupt the national anthem

Second the refs were terrible, we could have hit more shots to help ourselves out for sure but its hard when the girls are getting frustrated because they are being ridden the entire lenght of the floor not to mention the relentless hand checks

third off the cops might have called your students down but im sure they did it in a civilized manner... what they did to our student was uncalled for

Finally I withdraw my wish for GC to lose, I was beyond heated and not feeling much love at all for GC... I hope they have a good game saturday because it was not the girls that did anything last night, all they did was play hard, they might have been playing rough but its the refs job to stop that, if they can get away with it more power to em and boo refs... I personally, after thinking about it and cooling down, would love to see a game 6 at state... keep repping 13aa

Butler will be awesome over the next two years and will be the best player in the district in years to come... but as for now she is not even 2nd best... Poston, Gray, Roney are all better players than she is right now... if she was their age she might be just as good, shes not far behind as it is right now... The only thing she has on gray is the three ball, unfortunatly gray is not prolific from behind the arc she would be so much more dangerous if she was

Butler will be awesome over the next two years and will be the best player in the district in years to come... but as for now she is not even 2nd best... Poston, Gray, Roney are all better players than she is right now... if she was their age she might be just as good, shes not far behind as it is right now... The only thing she has on gray is the three ball, unfortunatly gray is not prolific from behind the arc she would be so much more dangerous if she was

Sorry but Butler is the best player in this district NOW and will be for the next 2 years. You can bash me, but I'm a Milan fan.

Butler never takes a play off unlike Chantel and Shaniqua does at times, and she can beat you anywhere on the floor. Now I think skill wise, Chantel is clearly the best player because I've never seen a girl in this district take someone off the dribble and just jump and hit a 15 footer with a hand in their face.

Butler may not go to a D1 school, but in terms of results, which is all that matter, she has carried her team this year and especially the past 2 games down the stretch!

Sorry but Butler is the best player in this district NOW and will be for the next 2 years. You can bash me, but I'm a Milan fan.

Butler never takes a play off unlike Chantel and Shaniqua does at times, and she can beat you anywhere on the floor. Now I think skill wise, Chantel is clearly the best player because I've never seen a girl in this district take someone off the dribble and just jump and hit a 15 footer with a hand in their face.

Butler may not go to a D1 school, but in terms of results, which is all that matter, she has carried her team this year and especially the past 2 games down the stretch!

A no win argument as 13AA had so many good players this year. As for the final four teams, I think each one had a leader that rose above as needed and they were; Westview - Rechis, Obion - Roney, Milan - Gray and GC - Butler. There are others, but these are the ones that could be counted on when the game was on the line. Poston, though an incredible talent, does not come close to making my list relative to impact when it counted.

tvols75...I agree with your assesment. She is a true leader as a sophmore. I have witnessed Poston taking plays off. She clearly has the most athletic ability in 13AA for sure. To watch her shoot that turnaround or dribble jump shot you can tell she has talent. I do know Unions coach was there last night and he had to have liked what he saw from both teams. Has Gray committed anywhere?

Gray is going via the JV route.

Butler is an awful good player. I do have a comment though. Trade her for Poston, would Milan be as good? Could she handle all of the every night double teaming and shirt grabbing, hand checking, pushing, and still get it done , as she does now.

Trade her for Rechis, would Martin be a good? being the focul point of the defense every play.

Trade her for Roney, would OC have been as good?

Butler shines becasue of her talent and her mind. She shines brightly because you can not double team her every play don the court as she has good teamamtes. She is not a one man show

Butler is an awful good player. I do have a comment though. Trade her for Poston, would Milan be as good? Could she handle all of the every night double teaming and shirt grabbing, hand checking, pushing, and still get it done , as she does now.

Trade her for Rechis, would Martin be a good? being the focul point of the defense every play.

Butler shines becasue of her talent and her mind. She shines brightly because you can not double team her every play don the court as she has good teamamtes. She is not a one man show

Chantel and Shanqiua are not "one man shows" either. Milan has a big 3 that cannot be matched by anone in Poston, Gray, and Glenn.

Also, of course Milan would be worse because you lose the size of Poston that can play anything from 2-5 and guard anyone on the floor. Milan wouldn't trade Poston for another PG.

GC probably wouldn't trade Butler for Poston, Rechis, or Rooney either. I think your giving her teammates too much credit because I think she scored over 50 percent of GC's points the last two games, and I have yet to see her have an off game vs. a big team. Even when we beat GC in the district semi-finals, she torched us.

GC loves their other players (and I don't wanna bash them) but their other players aren't as good as you're billing them to be. They got one girl that is strictly out there to shoot 3s ala Hamm, even though she hits them at a better percentage. Outside of the 3s and FTs, which she doesn't shoot much, she isn't that lethal of an offensive player. Pate is tough, but she isn't polished in the post. Griffin is good and the other guard they have is better defensively than offensively.

Thanks for the info on Gray. As far as the other comments, I'm not sure I follow your point? In 13AA if you have followed it for long, gaurd play is important and the teams she plays agaisnt are the same teams Gray plays against???? Often times double teamed too. But to answer your question could she still get it done? I think the record speaks for itself, she's done it all season! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="