Region 7AA Tournament

I'd expect Butler to stay at GC as it'd be her Senior year and she's most likely developed relationships with her players as well as Coach McMillan. I could see some of the Freshman for next year going to Medina for their Sophomore year. After Medina get's that high school, Gibson Co. will most likely drop to 1A which is a VERY VERY SCARY thought due to the fact we have Coach McMillan, Coach Russell, and Coach Paige lol as our 3 coaches. As I've stated, with the talent we have coming up, that's an even more scary thought of us dropping to 1A!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about the Medina teams, how do you think Medina High school will affect that? Because the last year for Medina students to play at GC will be next year. I think they are planning to open the school in August of 2009ish.. But I don't know who goes where etc. I mean like Butler is from Medina, that would put Medina High School opening her senior year, so what's gonna happen are the students gonna get to pick?

From what i understand... they can not pick and choose... if they are in medina's zone....they will have to stay at medina... except the juniors and seniors... they will be grandfathered in... to stay at GCHS...if that's what they choose... and Butler will stay at GC...that is straight from Heather and her mom...

GO LADY PIONEERS!!!!

5 hours & 15 minutes... until game time... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Get the popcorn ready... lol...

LOL, wouldn't it be a site to see us drop down to 1A with Butler AND Griffin still playing along side with Megan Porter and Taylor Hassell!!!!!!!

well.. it would be like one of our summer league tournaments... the coaches at this one particular school asked us to leave and not come back... they said.. we were too good to play at their school... and kicked us out of the tournament... i'll give you one guess at who won that tournament...

getting back to the subject at hand... i look soooo forward to the next few years....it will be some awesome years at GCHS...

GO LADY PIONEERS!!!!

4 hours and 30 minutes... until game time....

GC... you and Justin try to stay out of trouble tomorrow.... and make sure you yell for me!!!... lol..

I'd expect Butler to stay at GC as it'd be her Senior year and she's most likely developed relationships with her players as well as Coach McMillan. I could see some of the Freshman for next year going to Medina for their Sophomore year. After Medina get's that high school, Gibson Co. will most likely drop to 1A which is a VERY VERY SCARY thought due to the fact we have Coach McMillan, Coach Russell, and Coach Paige lol as our 3 coaches. As I've stated, with the talent we have coming up, that's an even more scary thought of us dropping to 1A!

I doubt you keep all of your coaches. One of them will wind up at Medina, probably DR. I expect Medina to be the dominant AA school in the county, in time.

well.. it would be like one of our summer league tournaments... the coaches at this one particular school asked us to leave and not come back... they said.. we were too good to play at their school... and kicked us out of the tournament... i'll give you one guess at who won that tournament...

getting back to the subject at hand... i look soooo forward to the next few years....it will be some awesome years at GCHS...

GO LADY PIONEERS!!!!

4 hours and 30 minutes... until game time....

GC... you and Justin try to stay out of trouble tomorrow.... and make sure you yell for me!!!... lol..

The next few years at GC will be some good years and I'm thinking we do have a gold ball coming here soon. Too much talent!

Tomorrow is going to be great! I've been looking forward to it for quite some time now and now that Memphis is #1 and Tennessee is #2 just makes it that much better!!!!!!

The way they are looking at opening South Gibson High is with Freshman only. That would make this years 7th grade class the first group in. There is a chance for this years 8th grade to have a choice but it is up to school board to make that decision and it al depends on the number of kids that would come back. So more than likely this years 8th grade class from Medina is going to be the last ones from Medina to to GCHS. Anybody zoned to Medina that is at GCHS currently is not going to have a choice, they must stay.

We (MMS) went 21-4 this year, losing to the Jr Pioneers twice, a good Greenfield team, and Livingston Middle School in the semis of the TNT. GCHS is getting 7 players off of this team. Courtney Haynes, Taylor Moore, Ashlyn Hardee, Kristen Martin, Hannah Cook, Selena Newbill, and Kaycie Moore. All 7 have a chance to be really good players and combine them with the Jr Pioneers and Alexander from Rutherford, they are going to be tough to beat no matter what classification GC is in.

13AA, what makes you think that one of the coaches from GCHS will end up at South Gibson?

I was very curious as to why 13AA claimed what he said. I talked to Kaitlin awhile back and she said Coach Russell is loving assistant coach as it takes some pressure off.

Your Medina team was loaded as was the Jr. Pioneers. This coming years Freshman class could be the best to come through Gibson Co. in a very very very long time!