Region 7AA Tournament

This Region 7AA tourney will have 4 of the top 10 AA teams in the state. It appears to me like Gibson County emerged from Saturday night as the biggest winner going into the Regional Tournament. By Fayette-Ware upsetting North Side and GC losing the to OC, GC gets to dodge the other three top ten teams NS, Milan and Obion Central until the Region Championship game. No disrespect to FW or WV but from GC's perspective they got the best draw possible.

Will be a disapointing Region tournament at Haywood for 14aa. none of your teams will advance to the finals. With the upset of Northside, if you call it an upset, they will not get a second round game. If they do then 13AA is not as good as they have been billed. Northside will get blown out by Obion County +15, NS has not played a quality top 10 team this year. The 13AA tournament will be going on at Haywood as no team from 14aa will advance.

Milan +15, Obion +15, Gibson County +12, westview +10,

Milans upsets have kept me at about 80% in the big ones,(I took milan) but when its all on the table the final will be GC and OC.

The upside for 14AA is that they will get to watch some great games at the Region Tournament.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a disapointing Region tournament at Haywood for 14aa. none of your teams will advance to the finals. With the upset of Northside, if you call it an upset, they will not get a second round game. If they do then 13AA is not as good as they have been billed. Northside will get blown out by Obion County +15, NS has not played a quality top 10 team this year. The 13AA tournament will be going on at Haywood as no team from 14aa will advance.

Milan +15, Obion +15, Gibson County +12, westview +10,

Milans upsets have kept me at about 80% in the big ones,(I took milan) but when its all on the table the final will be GC and OC.

The upside for 14AA is that they will get to watch some great games at the Region Tournament.

As I have already stated on this site, NS has and never said they were suppose to beat anyone from District 13AA this year. They lost 4 starters and are now playing 1 senior 1 sophomore and 3 freshmen. (Only 1 player with any experience). Lighten up on them. They have so far exceed what anyone ever thought they might do this year. But all anyone from 14AA wants to do is talk trash about them. I guess since 13AA is SO FAR superior of 14AA then we shouldn't even play in the region, just go ahead and give it to ya'll. But you know NS has been to the state the last 5 out of 6 years. What about ya'll. I guess the one year that NS is down a little you want to take the opportunity and talk all the trash you can. Remember what goes around comes around. So I would just be happy that you have this opportunity THIS YEAR.

Guest nwtnsports

Shpshter93 has told us on the 13AA board that they are not from the area, just following our tournament. So, they aren't talking trash for the district.

North Side has established themselves as the team to beat in 14AA, we know that. The success over the past two years in AA and before that in AAA is impressive. Coach Lowery does a great job, and you guys have had some really talented players. The Lady Indians may not have that same experience this season, but they're still tough to beat at home. (North Side has beaten Obion Co. in the regional tournament the last two years.)

I don't think Milan and Westview will have much trouble - no offense to Haywood and Covington, because they did make this far. Gibson Co. is probably the best fourth seed in AA. Got to watch out for Fayette Ware, though. We know they knocked off North Side in the championship and play a style that's hard for which to prepare.

We'll see what happens Friday night. Good luck to the teams as they get ready this week.

As I have already stated on this site, NS has and never said they were suppose to beat anyone from District 13AA this year. They lost 4 starters and are now playing 1 senior 1 sophomore and 3 freshmen. (Only 1 player with any experience). Lighten up on them. They have so far exceed what anyone ever thought they might do this year. But all anyone from 14AA wants to do is talk trash about them. I guess since 13AA is SO FAR superior of 14AA then we shouldn't even play in the region, just go ahead and give it to ya'll. But you know NS has been to the state the last 5 out of 6 years. What about ya'll. I guess the one year that NS is down a little you want to take the opportunity and talk all the trash you can. Remember what goes around comes around. So I would just be happy that you have this opportunity THIS YEAR.

Good post. well stated. Even though I follow 13AA, I have tremendous respect for Northside and Coach Lowery. To me, Northside is still the measuring stick. Every year, we state that 13AA will put NS out, and it has not happened yet. Last year, Dyersburg appeared ready to take the sub-state step, and Coach Lowery simply outcoached D'burg with great defense and moved on. Even though 13AA is loaded, until someone knocks off NS, I am not writing them off. Good luck to all !

You say we have the opportunity this year???? Look how many young players play in District 13AA. Gibson Co. starts 2 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, 1 Senior and have a GREAT 8th grade class coming up. Westview starts 3 Sophomores and 2 Juniors. Obion Co. has 2 awesome Sophomores in Chassidy Fussell and Aubrey Reedy. To say we are going to be loaded for just 1 year is funny. You'll be hearing about the AWESOME 13AA for the next 4-5 years!

You say we have the opportunity this year???? Look how many young players play in District 13AA. Gibson Co. starts 2 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, 1 Senior and have a GREAT 8th grade class coming up. Westview starts 3 Sophomores and 2 Juniors. Obion Co. has 2 awesome Sophomores in Chassidy Fussell and Aubrey Reedy. To say we are going to be loaded for just 1 year is funny. You'll be hearing about the AWESOME 13AA for the next 4-5 years!

GC Pioneer don't read anything into the previous post. It was not might to say that you would only have a chance this year. You have TWO great head coaches and 5 feeder schools. You should have a great chance every year and also a great 8th grade class every year. NS has 1 feeder school zoned for them. Just play the game and good luck to you in Regionals. Best wishes to the Griffin girl and a speedy recovery. What a shame for this to happen to her now, but knowing the type of player she is this will only slow her down for a little while. She will be fine.

That sent me over the edge, ugh rim , ugh bowl in this case. (flush!)

Got Haywooooooooooooooooood, then NSHD says more torture IF LUCKY, see the best player we have ever seen, forget the bags, I'll make a reservation for stall #1. EARRRRL, RALLLPHHH, EARRRRL, OH THE PAIN, HOW SICKENING CAN IT BE!

NSHD set Milan up for this. He and the wizard are casting spells as usual in tournament time. What evil lurks within? NSHD's magic is more powerful than Joyner's refereeing, oh my!

GC Pioneer don't read anything into the previous post. It was not might to say that you would only have a chance this year. You have TWO great head coaches and 5 feeder schools. You should have a great chance every year and also a great 8th grade class every year. NS has 1 feeder school zoned for them. Just play the game and good luck to you in Regionals. Best wishes to the Griffin girl and a speedy recovery. What a shame for this to happen to her now, but knowing the type of player she is this will only slow her down for a little while. She will be fine.

Good Luck to the NS Indiands as well! IF Griffin is back, I see a good rest of the season for us. Our girls have been lighting it up from 3 point range. Brittney Garner has been shooting the ball more and shooting it quite well. Heather Butler (only a Sophomore) is coming off a 31 point game over Obion Central. That's insane for a Sophomore to be doing that against a team such as Obion Central. Awesome Job Butler! Keep it up GC! ladyneerfan, can you give us an update on Griffin and if this rumor is true?

Good Luck to the NS Indiands as well! IF Griffin is back, I see a good rest of the season for us. Our girls have been lighting it up from 3 point range. Brittney Garner has been shooting the ball more and shooting it quite well. Heather Butler (only a Sophomore) is coming off a 31 point game over Obion Central. That's insane for a Sophomore to be doing that against a team such as Obion Central. Awesome Job Butler! Keep it up GC! ladyneerfan, can you give us an update on Griffin and if this rumor is true?

GC.... it is true.... she is back!!!!... as of right now... just have to see how practice goes...

Go Lady Pioneers!!!!!