Region 7AA Tournament

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Lady Pioneers go into this 4th in the district, the last of all the teams in our district, right? Well i think the Bible says the first shall be last and the last shall be first, does that mean GC will win Regions? Not putting my money on it yet but i most definitely feel they will make it to sub-state. But if they don't look for the sports section of the paper to be a lil shorter til softball starts up, lol. But i think GC will rock FW tonight. Im not sure but would anyone care to comment if this is one of the best Lady Pioneer teams ever? I know the year Atkins played they were really good, but i don't know before that. Any comments from GC Pioneer or nwtnsports or ladyneerfan?

First, I do not think this is GC's best team, but certainly good. Patterson had a couple of great teams, as did Russell (unbeaten in Regular Season). However, next year GC will have one of their best ever.

As for the Region, GC is sitting in a great place, but they have to perform. As I have stated elsewhere, I am expecting GC to make the finals, but never, never underestimate what Rechis and Westview can pull off. Last week proved such. They will not go down without a fight.

In the other bracket, tonight's OC/Northside game may be a war, and it is a toss up. I think OC is the better team, certainly more experienced. However, Coach Lowery is a winner and always has his teams at their best at tournament time, plus they are at home.

Milan should have no problem with Haywood, so it will be another barn burner when Milan plays OC/Northside winner. Milan has advantage of only having to play hard for one game versus two, as they have to come out with intensity to be successful. Too close to call as well.

So the Lady Pioneers go into this 4th in the district, the last of all the teams in our district, right? Well i think the Bible says the first shall be last and the last shall be first, does that mean GC will win Regions? Not putting my money on it yet but i most definitely feel they will make it to sub-state. But if they don't look for the sports section of the paper to be a lil shorter til softball starts up, lol. But i think GC will rock FW tonight. Im not sure but would anyone care to comment if this is one of the best Lady Pioneer teams ever? I know the year Atkins played they were really good, but i don't know before that. Any comments from GC Pioneer or nwtnsports or ladyneerfan?

I have to agree with 13AA... i don't think the Lady Pioneers are at their BEST YET.... to be such a young team they have suprised a lot of us... we have some good athletes and they play great together as a team...i believe they have what it takes to make it to State... but they will have play up to their potential...IT'S WIN or GO HOME!!!!.... In the next couple of years you will see what a GREAT team is made of... (if we can keep everyone healthy)...

GO LADY PIONEERS!!!!

First, I do not think this is GC's best team, but certainly good. Patterson had a couple of great teams, as did Russell (unbeaten in Regular Season). However, next year GC will have one of their best ever.

As for the Region, GC is sitting in a great place, but they have to perform. As I have stated elsewhere, I am expecting GC to make the finals, but never, never underestimate what Rechis and Westview can pull off. Last week proved such. They will not go down without a fight.

In the other bracket, tonight's OC/Northside game may be a war, and it is a toss up. I think OC is the better team, certainly more experienced. However, Coach Lowery is a winner and always has his teams at their best at tournament time, plus they are at home.

Milan should have no problem with Haywood, so it will be another barn burner when Milan plays OC/Northside winner. Milan has advantage of only having to play hard for one game versus two, as they have to come out with intensity to be successful. Too close to call as well.

I feel that the OC/Northside game will be the closest of night. Both have good records, thats all i have to base my opinion on as i have not seen Northside play. But who knows what will happen, everyone has beaten everyone in out district. That just proves we are all equal and have a fair shot of making it to state. It's gonna be an interesting 2 weeks. But Amen about next years team.

I have a question how will the state tournament stack up as far as brackets go?

Like will the winner of Region 5 play the winner of Region 1, or will the winner of Region 2 play Region 6 winner? Just wondering.

The TSSAA is going back to the way they use to set the brackets. It will be done by a draw on Sunday and the coaches will be present to see it done.

No, this is not GC's best team ever. GC had some great teams back with Tiffany Adkins (my cousin /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) as well as when Holly Milligan was there. As much of a tradition as there is at GC in girls basketball, GC has NEVER won a gold ball or a silver ball! Closest we've came in awhile was back in 2001 I believe when we had Ashley Simpson, Hayden Avery, Jennifer Farrar, Ashley Mackin, and Melissa George. We beat Upperman in the first round of state and then lost to South Green in the semi-finals. I believe we do make it to state this year.

As for the next few years to come, it's going to be an unbelievable ride! With the talent we have coming up from the Jr. Highs, we will be that much better. The Jr. Pioneers finished 17-2 this year and Medina finished 16-3 I believe. The Jr. Pioneers have Megan Porter coming up whom was the best PG I saw in Jr. High this year as well as Taylor Hassell who can light it up and play VERY GOOD Defense. I'm not sure on the Medina girls names but I do know they have a girl with the last name of Brooks whom is VERY GOOD! jvaughan, maybe you could elaborate a little more on who would be coming to play from there.

7:00 is a little less than 7 hours away!

No, this is not GC's best team ever. GC had some great teams back with Tiffany Adkins (my cousin /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) as well as when Holly Milligan was there. As much of a tradition as there is at GC in girls basketball, GC has NEVER won a gold ball or a silver ball! Closest we've came in awhile was back in 2001 I believe when we had Ashley Simpson, Hayden Avery, Jennifer Farrar, Ashley Mackin, and Melissa George. We beat Upperman in the first round of state and then lost to South Green in the semi-finals. I believe we do make it to state this year.

As for the next few years to come, it's going to be an unbelievable ride! With the talent we have coming up from the Jr. Highs, we will be that much better. The Jr. Pioneers finished 17-2 this year and Medina finished 16-3 I believe. The Jr. Pioneers have Megan Porter coming up whom was the best PG I saw in Jr. High this year as well as Taylor Hassell who can light it up and play VERY GOOD Defense. I'm not sure on the Medina girls names but I do know they have a girl with the last name of Brooks whom is VERY GOOD! jvaughan, maybe you could elaborate a little more on who would be coming to play from there.

7:00 is a little less than 7 hours away!

Talking about the Medina teams, how do you think Medina High school will affect that? Because the last year for Medina students to play at GC will be next year. I think they are planning to open the school in August of 2009ish.. But I don't know who goes where etc. I mean like Butler is from Medina, that would put Medina High School opening her senior year, so what's gonna happen are the students gonna get to pick?