IMAC 2008

mwtfan

West won a barn-burner at Karns tonight. Bats waking up a little more. Quite a few more hits tonight, even though the run production doesn't really show it. 1-2 hitters CF Johnson & C McKinney went a combined 5 for 5. Caple look good again tonight. West got into a bit of a jam in the 7th when Karns ended up with the potential tying run on 3rd with 1 out. After an at-bat that seemed to last forever, Karns batter hits a fly ball to right field & Ogle came up huge again tonight - she made the catch & fired a shot to the plate that was a couple of steps up the 1st base line - McKinney took the throw and made a diving tag on the runner, completing the game-ending double play. Nice to get that first win out of the way. Trojans still have a lot to work on, but improvement was there & the effort and attitudes seem to be good.

Tough loss for Cherokee, but everyone knows that Rutledge bunch is tough.

East & Jeff both with impressive wins. Somebody get us a report on Vannoy's heroics. Does Lance have it right?

Things are heating up - should get very interesting next week.

I got it that while Taylor was unavailable due to illness, Vannoy threw a good game and supplied all the RBI's with her two home runs. Apparently, Greenville has decided to put up some temporary fencing on that mammoth outfield they play on.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it that while Taylor was unavailable due to illness, Vannoy threw a good game and supplied all the RBI's with her two home runs. Apparently, Greenville has decided to put up some temporary fencing on that mammoth outfield they play on.

Never could understand how Greeneville little league always seems to have a temporary fence up on that field during tournaments and the high school can't get one put up for their games. Still way early , but JCHS and East already the only ones without a loss in season record. Its going to be a bumpy ride this year. Lance. Why no predictions for the rest of the IMAC today? JCHS rolled tonight with several "starters" not in the game or in different positions. Potts(senior short stop out), Hyde(starting catcher played SS tonight), Hill(sophmore pitcher from last year out), Smith(starting right field out), West (first base from last year out) tonight. Dukes(freshman catcher looked good in place of Hyde), freshman pitcher(Leon) throwing smoke. Seymor is a talented team with excellent coaching and Lady Pats just overpowered them(they will get their chance for revenge Monday at JCHS). William Blount tommorow night will be a tough test. Govs allways loaded. I expect the "regulars" to be back in their positions Friday. Cherokee loss to Rutledge nothing to be ashamed about, Pioneers have talent. This season is unfolding to be a great one, IMAC games will be exciting almost every game.

Never could understand how Greeneville little league always seems to have a temporary fence up on that field during tournaments and the high school can't get one put up for their games. Still way early , but JCHS and East already the only ones without a loss in season record. Its going to be a bumpy ride this year. Lance. Why no predictions for the rest of the IMAC today? JCHS rolled tonight with several "starters" not in the game or in different positions. Potts(senior short stop out), Hyde(starting catcher played SS tonight), Hill(sophmore pitcher from last year out), Smith(starting right field out), West (first base from last year out) tonight. Dukes(freshman catcher looked good in place of Hyde), freshman pitcher(Leon) throwing smoke. Seymor is a talented team with excellent coaching and Lady Pats just overpowered them(they will get their chance for revenge Monday at JCHS). William Blount tommorow night will be a tough test. Govs allways loaded. I expect the "regulars" to be back in their positions Friday. Cherokee loss to Rutledge nothing to be ashamed about, Pioneers have talent. This season is unfolding to be a great one, IMAC games will be exciting almost every game.

Too many predictions would bore you silly. I prefer to give IMAC head to head; although, I will venture out occasionally. After all -- LANCE knows all.

Too many predictions would bore you silly. I prefer to give IMAC head to head; although, I will venture out occasionally. After all -- LANCE knows all.

JCHS down 2-0 to William Blount, starting the bottom of third, then came the rain. Hill on the mound for JCHS struggled first inning, but got through it. Throwin the heat in second and third, that great defense fell apart, 6 errors to give up the two runs. TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!!!!

P.S. Don't know when.

JCHS down 2-0 to William Blount, starting the bottom of third, then came the rain. Hill on the mound for JCHS struggled first inning, but got through it. Throwin the heat in second and third, that great defense fell apart, 6 errors to give up the two runs. TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!!!!

P.S. Don't know when.

That's a break for Jeff County, because I'm almost certain that TSSAA rules say that game must start over unless BOTH coaches agree to pick up where they left off.

That's a break for Jeff County, because I'm almost certain that TSSAA rules say that game must start over unless BOTH coaches agree to pick up where they left off.

CoachT has East playing Anderson county. Did that game rain out?

Haven't heard anything about East's game. I believe they agreed to continue from where they were. i think you are right about the continuation rule.

Jefferson County struggled tonight both pitching and defense. Hit the ball solid at times but couldn't string it together. Bases loaded in the second and first baseman hit a lazy out. Hill just back from suspension I learned, may take her time time to get back into form. Leon looked good last night at seymour, lineup stroked it.

I wouldn't waste my time making this one up. Time to look forward to conference play next week, hosting Cocke County on Tuesday and at West later in the week.

Jefferson County struggled tonight both pitching and defense. Hit the ball solid at times but couldn't string it together. Bases loaded in the second and first baseman hit a lazy out. Hill just back from suspension I learned, may take her time time to get back into form. Leon looked good last night at seymour, lineup stroked it.

I wouldn't waste my time making this one up. Time to look forward to conference play next week, hosting Cocke County on Tuesday and at West later in the week.

Don't know when they will find time to make it up! Coach M has loaded up the schedule this year. They play Monday(Seymor), Tuesday(Greeneville), Thursday(M.West), and then go to Soddy Daisy tourney Friday and Saturday. I think they are hosting Greeneville not Cocke County Tuesday. Cocke County Apr. 1

Huge early-season matchup in Morristown tonight as the 'Canes host the Chiefs. Who do you like? I could easily see it going either way. Runs should, as always, be at a premium - first one to blink loses.

Tough pick, but I'll have to go with East's offense, everything else pretty even. East beat university pretty good and Cherokee lost to Rutledge, but University is no Rutledge. May be the best game in Tennessee tonight. Cherokee looking to right the ship and East riding high off win. We should find out who is the IMAC favorite tonight!

Tough pick, but I'll have to go with East's offense, everything else pretty even. East beat university pretty good and Cherokee lost to Rutledge, but University is no Rutledge. May be the best game in Tennessee tonight. Cherokee looking to right the ship and East riding high off win. We should find out who is the IMAC favorite tonight!

If you weren't there you missed a great game tonight but my chiefs ended up on the short end of the stick. Taylor gave up two doubles in the second inning to plate Cherokee's run but would only allow one more single the rest of the night. Gilbert gave up a single in the first but carried the one hitter into the bottom of the sixth where she gave up a leadoff single and eventually a bomb from Vannoy. For those that are counting, that's Vannoy's third in the last two games and she has accounted for all of M East's RBI's in both of those games (I think). iMAC Pitchers beware!

If you weren't there you missed a great game tonight but my chiefs ended up on the short end of the stick. Taylor gave up two doubles in the second inning to plate Cherokee's run but would only allow one more single the rest of the night. Gilbert gave up a single in the first but carried the one hitter into the bottom of the sixth where she gave up a leadoff single and eventually a bomb from Vannoy. For those that are counting, that's Vannoy's third in the last two games and she has accounted for all of M East's RBI's in both of those games (I think). iMAC Pitchers beware!

JCHS beats Seymore 3-1. Hill on mound looked pretty good after first inning. Offense hit the ball, but not as consistant as last week. Only run given up reached on and scored on errors in first. Defense and pitching settled down after first to put it a way(Hill complete game 1 hitter I think). Greeneville tommorow night to start IMAC for JC. Congrats M. East!!!!!!