IMAC 2008

mwtfan

King,

The red head is Rachel Tucker, she plays left....center is Haley Taylor, a freshman....right is Jessie Smith.

Heather West hasn't been starting, she missed some games or something. I agree, good player though.

Where is Nelson Playing? I know she played Center as a Freshman last year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King,

The red head is Rachel Tucker, she plays left....center is Haley Taylor, a freshman....right is Jessie Smith.

Heather West hasn't been starting, she missed some games or something. I agree, good player though.

Don't know if West is being suspended from play due to missing games or not, but Why Heather West(last years first baseman) is not on one of the "hot" corners is a question everybody is asking(soft hands and a cannon for a arm, should replace the loss of last years senior third baseman). Haley Nelson has moved to the infield(2nd), Haley Taylor a very talented freshman took Nelson's place in center. King, if you were at the Carter scrimmage you know were Hill was. The old saying is that speed kills and if that is the case JCHS's gun is loaded. Tucker(red head), Smith, Leon, Nelson, and Taylor(probably the fastest on the team) are extremely fast. If you have seen Nelson run and consider that Taylor is as fast or faster, you know this team is faaaaaaast!

Big storm brewing.

I saw an IBUS this morning.

It looks like University High got run over by ABUS. Great start by the 'Canes. Who pitched, Taylor? Cherokee starts with a shutout, East starts with a shutout. Does anyone know how Cocke County and Claiborne County came out the other night?? West hosts 2-0 Farragut tonight, so could it be that of the top 4 teams from last year's IMAC, West is the first to give up a run? On a bright note, it IS supposed to be 63 degrees and SUNNY at game time.

It looks like University High got run over by ABUS. Great start by the 'Canes. Who pitched, Taylor? Cherokee starts with a shutout, East starts with a shutout. Does anyone know how Cocke County and Claiborne County came out the other night?? West hosts 2-0 Farragut tonight, so could it be that of the top 4 teams from last year's IMAC, West is the first to give up a run? On a bright note, it IS sopposed to be 63 degrees and SUNNY at game time.

Great opener for Trojans mwtfan. I assume that 63 degrees equates to your "special" game steaks on the grill. If so, put me down for Med and baked potato.

IMAC head to head officially opens tonight with the Lady Canes of Morristown East travelling into the land of Green to take on the Lady Devils. Green - young - call it what you wish, but certainly some young talent beginning to level up their field of play. Some good young pitching but if it hasn't matured quick enough - this one could get ugly early. However, runs are usually scarce early in the season; therefore, I expect it to be closer than most expect. Close but no cigars - Lance's Loser: Greeneville.

A bit of a rough start for the Trojans last night in their 2-0 loss to Farragut. Not enough hits & 1 very costly error. Ingelby(gave up 2 hits/0 runs) pitched an excellent game, as did Caple(gave up 4 hits & 1 earned run). Neither walked a batter. Defense was pretty sound for the most part for both teams & Ogle (Sr. rt fielder) was outstanding for West as she threw 3 different runners out at 1st base and made a couple more nice plays on fly balls. Not a terrible start for West, just need to wake those bats up. Maybe tonight at Karns? I think we'll see steady improvement from West throughout the season.

Is Cherokee ever going to give up a run? Looking like they're dialed in early & so is East. Will either be challenged tonight?

I think the Jeff County game with Seymour could be a good one to watch.

A bit of a rough start for the Trojans last night in their 2-0 loss to Farragut. Not enough hits & 1 very costly error. Ingelby(gave up 2 hits/0 runs) pitched an excellent game, as did Caple(gave up 4 hits & 1 earned run). Neither walked a batter. Defense was pretty sound for the most part for both teams & Ogle (Sr. rt fielder) was outstanding for West as she threw 3 different runners out at 1st base and made a couple more nice plays on fly balls. Not a terrible start for West, just need to wake those bats up. Maybe tonight at Karns? I think we'll see steady improvement from West throughout the season.

Is Cherokee ever going to give up a run? Looking like they're dialed in early & so is East. Will either be challenged tonight?

I think the Jeff County game with Seymour could be a good one to watch.

Cherokee gave up those runs tonight that you were talking about.

Gilbert carried a 1-hitter into the 7th inning of a 0 to 0 ball game facing one over the minimum to that point. The only problem was, Mudd carried a no-hitter into the 7th for Rutledge, facing the minimum to that point.

Cherokee blinked first giving up a lead-off double and eventually a two run triple. Cherokee finally got to Mudd for a lead-off single in the bottom of the 7th to go along with a baserunner who got on by error, but too little too late. Final score Rutledge 3, Cherokee 1.

The amazing Lance is 2-0. This may be the year I finally miss one --- but I doubt it. I heard Vannoy pitched and hit two dingers. Anyone know on that??

Time to go IMAC!

JCHS beats Seymor 8-2. Pitched Leon(freshman) whole game. Patriots led 8-0 till bottom of 7th when lead off reached on a single stole second and then batter hit home run. Lady Pats looked good on defense and hit the ball hard. Duckies no more. Swans are spreadin their wings. JV won 7-5, were down 5-0 then started hitting to come back. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!!

West won a barn-burner at Karns tonight. Bats waking up a little more. Quite a few more hits tonight, even though the run production doesn't really show it. 1-2 hitters CF Johnson & C McKinney went a combined 5 for 5. Caple look good again tonight. West got into a bit of a jam in the 7th when Karns ended up with the potential tying run on 3rd with 1 out. After an at-bat that seemed to last forever, Karns batter hits a fly ball to right field & Ogle came up huge again tonight - she made the catch & fired a shot to the plate that was a couple of steps up the 1st base line - McKinney took the throw and made a diving tag on the runner, completing the game-ending double play. Nice to get that first win out of the way. Trojans still have a lot to work on, but improvement was there & the effort and attitudes seem to be good.

Tough loss for Cherokee, but everyone knows that Rutledge bunch is tough.

East & Jeff both with impressive wins. Somebody get us a report on Vannoy's heroics. Does Lance have it right?

Things are heating up - should get very interesting next week.