My Picks for AA Region Tournaments

Indian Chief

Have you seen Stone and Austin-East play? I'm not questioning your prediction, it's just I don't know how to rank Austin-East. I know they got a couple of players back after Christmas break, but since then, they seem to have shown up for some games, and not for others. Just wondering if you were picking from personal knowledge, fan bias, or record comparison of some sort.

Indian Chief, glad to hear your picking Sequatchie. I'm 4 behind you in the Big Ones, so this'll get me to within 3. lol

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i know Westview lost but did OC beat Milan? Wondering who is gonna face Kevin McMillan's tough GC squad in the champioinship game! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He will be facing the same team that took him down in the District, Milan. Milan has won 16 straight games and has beaten GC 2 straight, creating a split for the season. They will be meeting for the 5th time tomorrow night. Could be a dandy.

Have you seen Stone and Austin-East play? I'm not questioning your prediction, it's just I don't know how to rank Austin-East. I know they got a couple of players back after Christmas break, but since then, they seem to have shown up for some games, and not for others. Just wondering if you were picking from personal knowledge, fan bias, or record comparison of some sort.

Indian Chief, glad to hear your picking Sequatchie. I'm 4 behind you in the Big Ones, so this'll get me to within 3. lol

You know I 'm a Stone fan all the way and I have trouble picking this game. Before Goss and Marsh came back the two teams played and SMHS came out with an easy 20 point win. When they played the second time SMHS found out the hard way they were going to have to step up their intensity level. A-E had us down by 18 at one point- we came back to tie the game and ended up losing by 8.

If SMHS comes out playing with the intensity they can play with, I would say Stone by 4. If not then I would say A-E. Goss is pure raw talent and ability.

Stone can win this game but they're going to have to fight for it.

Here they are folks!

Region Finals

Region 1:

South Greene over Elizabethton

Region 2:

Stone Memorial beats Austin-East

Region 3:

Sequatchie Co. over McMinn Central

Region 4:

Upperman beats York Institute

Region 5:

Marshall Co. over Hickman Co.

Region 6:

Creekwood beats Bolivar Central

Region 7:

Milan over Gibson Co.

Region 8:

Hillcrest beats Booker T. Washington

He will be facing the same team that took him down in the District, Milan. Milan has won 16 straight games and has beaten GC 2 straight, creating a split for the season. They will be meeting for the 5th time tomorrow night. Could be a dandy.

Both teams won their games at home....this will be on neutral turf... so... YES... it should be a great game... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Do you think they might break down and turn on some AIR??????... lol...

Go LADY PIONEERS!!!!!

You know I 'm a Stone fan all the way and I have trouble picking this game. Before Goss and Marsh came back the two teams played and SMHS came out with an easy 20 point win. When they played the second time SMHS found out the hard way they were going to have to step up their intensity level. A-E had us down by 18 at one point- we came back to tie the game and ended up losing by 8.

If SMHS comes out playing with the intensity they can play with, I would say Stone by 4. If not then I would say A-E. Goss is pure raw talent and ability.

Thanks. I've heard conflicting reports on these two players. Lots of luck, buc.

Air conditioning would be nice but I don't expect that to happen. It has been a month since I have felt the air conditioner at a ball game. Its bad for the fans watching but even worse for the girls playing. A hot gym will let the air out of a team real quick. Maybe with snow showers moving across the state tonight it will cool off all of the host sites.

But enough about the weather. Besides we have better things to talk about like Potential State Champions!

My picks:

South Green over Elizabethton

Stone Mem. over AE

MCentral over Seq.

Upperman over York

Hickman over Marshall Co.

Boliver over Creek wood

Milan over Gibson Co.

B.T over Hillcrest

My picks:

South Green over Elizabethton

Stone Mem. over AE

MCentral over Seq.

Upperman over York

Hickman over Marshall Co.

Boliver over Creek wood

Milan over Gibson Co.

B.T over Hillcrest

Hickman over Marshall?????

Hickman Co. hasn't been able to stay withink 20 points of Marshall Co. all year. The district final game could have been a lot worse than the score was.

Hickman over Marshall?????

Hickman Co. hasn't been able to stay withink 20 points of Marshall Co. all year. The district final game could have been a lot worse than the score was.

Sorry, I do not know a lot about that region, that was my only guess. I went with the top team on the bracket. Did not mean to upset any one. Who knows though, Brainard boys beat McMinn Central twice in the year by around 20 pts, and McMinn Central put them out last night. Tournament time is a different beast.