Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week will be big for the Chiefs. We have McMinn Central on Mon and Tues. Then @ Heritage on Thur and Morristoen East comes to town on friday. The McMinn games will be HUGE! We need to steal one!! Go Chiefs!

Meigs took both games from Sweetwater. The 2nd game score was 11 to 0 not sure what the score was in the 1st game but the game ended after 5 innings."10 run rule"

Thanks for the update! WOW! I am a little surprised! Is Megis that Good??

We were heading to maryville the other day and my wife looked over and said now that looks good. At first I thought she was talking about me and then i realized she was looking around me at the new Batting/Pitching cage. So after I pouted all the way to Maryville & back, we swung thru and looked at it. I had to agree with her, It did look good! I still think it's a shame that our school system can't get lights on these fields. GO CHIEFS!!!

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA............!

Why are you surprised about Meigs? They have won 25 plus games the past two years as well as back to back District Champs?

That was based on not hearing much about Meigs this year. I know they lost some good pitching from last year. Also from looking at scores on Coach T. Two losses to Cumberland Co., Who has been out scored 99-35 and has a 3-9 record. (2 wins were Meigs). Also a 3-0 win against Coalfield. The Chiefs beat Coalfield 5-3.

Sweetwater had 2 very close games last week against Alcoa. (4-3 loss in 14 innings, and a 6-4 loss). I guess we will see how good Meigs is when they come to town. Go Chiefs!

I am wondering why the Cheifs "Coaches" haven't changed things up some?? There seems to be 16-17 players on the Varsity team and the same 10 are on the field game after game inning after inning. The game stats are speaking for themselves. Why not give some of the "Upper Classmen" (2 Seniors, 2 Juniors and 3 sophmores) sitting on the bench some field time to see if there is any difference in the game results. It appears they can be penalized (ex: running poles ), But are not given the chance to play. I believe all players should be given a chance to shine. I realize it is easy to coach from behind the fence. There are just a few more games left to this years season, And the Cheifs are playing around .250 ball, So why not switch things up some.. "If Nothing Changes - Nothing will Change"

I am wondering why the Cheifs "Coaches" haven't changed things up some?? There seems to be 16-17 players on the Varsity team and the same 10 are on the field game after game inning after inning. The game stats are speaking for themselves. Why not give some of the "Upper Classmen" (2 Seniors, 2 Juniors and 3 sophmores) sitting on the bench some field time to see if there is any difference in the game results. It appears they can be penalized (ex: running poles ), But are not given the chance to play. I believe all players should be given a chance to shine. I realize it is easy to coach from behind the fence. There are just a few more games left to this years season, And the Cheifs are playing around .250 ball, So why not switch things up some.. "If Nothing Changes - Nothing will Change"

DTM,

Welcome! Unfortunately I think the rain that has cancelled 7 JV games have had an impact on some of the other players getting a chance. If the coaches would had a chance of seeing them compete in a JV game then maybe they would have more confindence in them. I am assuming that the coaches see them in practice everyday and make their decisions accordingly. I know that loosing maks us all dissapointed and question decisions of everyone. I still think the future is bright for the chiefs and we need to continue to support these coaches and players. We have come a long way from where we were and have a long way to go! Champions are not built overnight!

Chiefs run into a very good Mcminn Central team. Monday Loss 11-1. tueday loss 11-1. JV game against Mcminn Central - Loss 12-3. To give Central credit - they hit the ball very well!! Next up at Heritage on Thursday and return home on friday vs Morristown East.JV squad has a double header on saturday at Home vs Heritage @ 1:00pm

Chiefs run into a very good Mcminn Central team. Monday Loss 11-1. tueday loss 11-1. JV game against Mcminn Central - Loss 12-3. To give Central credit - they hit the ball very well!! Next up at Heritage on Thursday and return home on friday vs Morristown East.JV squad has a double header on saturday at Home vs Heritage @ 1:00pm

Is # 10 a freshman