Region 7-AAA and 8-AAA Semifinals

coachgat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachgat, good luck tommorow . Won't be able to make it /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Hopefully free throws won't come back and haunt you guys. Just good luck to the Bartlett Lady Panthers and Millington lady trojans. Bartlett has to rebound better then they did against the Lady Trojans in the district championship.

Something definitely needs to be addressed when one official seems to have a personal agenda. JJ had 0 fouls in the 1st half and it was evident she was targeted the second half. I personally think that the one particular official was trying to even the odds since Hardin County??™s best player had fouled out. JJ picked up 2 fouls in the 3rd quarter and 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes of the 4th quarter (you are talking about a ???smart??? player that has never fouled out in 3 years of prep bball). This guy took over the game and not just with JJ. Briana Walker finished with 4 fouls, Jemil with 4 fouls, Sydney with 4 fouls and Tressela with 3.

Officials don't have personal agendas.

Having officiated ball games, I don't think officials have agendas either. They do tend to get in a rut during the coarse of a game. Some officials make the same calls game after game. You have to get used to it. DUDA, fouls happen and they multiply when you start thinking about it. If you play hard you will foul. Michael Jordan fouled out sometimes. It is just a matter of the officials making the call. During any game, you can probably say that close to 50 fouls were not called that someone thinks should have been. Ya'll won and yeah for Ya'll. Play hard tonight because no one want to have to go to East High, their principal may have everyone strip searched before they come in....

LOL

4 out of 4....... Ever been to Vegas?

Maybe I should hang out in Tunica more. I was wrong earlier in the season when I said it would be all 16AAA on this side. Houston has been the surprise of the post-season. Good for them.

We'll see if I can keep this roll going....here are my predictions.

East v. Houston--If East gets up early I think they will win by a substantial margin. BUT, if Houston's defense holds early and it is close throughout the game, I think Houston will win by a couple. East has the phenomenal Pratcher, but Womack for Houston is quick and significantly taller, and I think this will help her hold Pratcher to a more reasonable amount of points. And of course, Watkins is head and shoulders taller than anyone at East, so, while the East players are quicker and will grab some rebounds, Watkins should have a monster board night. I think the early tone sets the stage for this game. My gut says East.

Millington v. Bartlett--This one is tough, but I think it comes down to coaching here. Not to say anything bad about Coach Whitfield, she's had great success the past several years, but I think Coach Gat is the more complete coach, and I think that will make a difference down the stretch. I think it will be close, and James and her supporting staff from Bartlett will put up a big push, but I think Millington wins in a tough game, maybe even overtime. I will say that if the game is really physical, and the refs are not calling much, then Bartlett has a slight edge. But my gut says Millington here.

These should both be terrific games. I wish I could be at both of them. Good luck to all 4 teams--great job for getting this far.

Officials don't have personal agendas.

Just as with coach, student, or player behavior these things should be looked at case by case and not generalized. What has been said has not an indictment of officials as a whole. Some coaches recruit and some students cheat but it doesn't mean they all do.

As a general rule I agree with the sentiment implied by that statement. Generally speaking, officials don't have personal agendas. I would simply say this. We excuse officials most of time when it comes to missed calls or poor judgement on a bang bang play because officials are human and as such make mistakes. This is understandable. At the same time, if allow room for human error in judgement then that idea must be extended to its full meaning. Human beings can lose their cool and get angry. Let their emotions get the best if them. They can hold things against people. It's quite rare that an official would do that but let's not be so bold as to say it can't or doesn't ever happen.

Just as with coach, student, or player behavior these things should be looked at case by case and not generalized. What has been said has not an indictment of officials as a whole. Some coaches recruit and some students chest but it doesn't mean they all do.

As a general rule I agree with the sentiment implied by that statement. Generally speaking, officials don't have personal agendas. I would simply say this. We excuse officials most of time when it comes to missed calls or poor judgement on a bang bang play because officials are human and as such make mistakes. This is understandable. At the same time, if allow room for human error in judgement then that idea must be extended to its full meaning. Human beings can lose their cool and get angry. Let their emotions get the best if them. They can hold things against people. It's quite rare that an official would do that but let's not be so bold as to say it can't or doesn't ever happen.

I would think then that statement goes both ways in this discussion when emotional involvement is concerned... TRUE.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I would think then that statement goes both ways in this discussion when emotional involvement is concerned... TRUE.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well, that's the very point. It's not anti-official in any or at least was never intended to come across in that way. Many times fans and parents get caught up with a game lay into an official way too much. Looking at some of the recent threads I very much believe that refs get dumped on far too much. I was only disagreeing with the idea that it would be impossible for such a thing to happen on the official's side. It's all I was trying to say. That's not unfair, is it?