Region 7-AAA and 8-AAA Semifinals

coachgat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of Shelby county, region 7 is just not competitive right now, it should be Bartlett and Millington in the finals.

Region 8 is more interesting. Despite being much improved, I don't think Melrose can handle Watkins of Houston. The only team who has been able to really successfully do that late in the season was White Station. But then Houston handled Northside and White Station couldn't beat them in 3 tries. I think Houston wins this one.

East and Central will be a dogfight, but I think East will prevail. Pratcher-Clear are a well-oiled team and have played together so much they can get the ball to each other when it counts--and they both can deliver.

A final between Houston and East would be really fun to watch--the best post player in town versus the best guard in town.

Region 8's games tonight will be fun to see.

I do not think that Region 7 will be a cake walk for Bartlett. Hardin County is fundamental and can shoot (dangerous combination). However, if Bartlett brings their ???A??? game (and JJ is a 100%), it could spell lights out for HC.

Cordova has already lost 3 times to Millington and the more times you play a team ??“ the better that team usually plays against you. Just remember: Cordova doesn??™t have to be a better team then Millington ??“ they just have to be better tonight! I still say that Millington takes this one.

If Melrose puts pressure on Houston??™s perimeter then they advance; if they don??™t then they go home!

East ??“vs- Central: to close to call. Central has more game control as far as strategy & execution but East has more single game knock out punch (ex. Northside game). ???? Hummmm: should be interesting???

Good luck all..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I do not think that Region 7 will be a cake walk for Bartlett. Hardin County is fundamental and can shoot (dangerous combination). However, if Bartlett brings their ???A??? game (and JJ is a 100%), it could spell lights out for HC.

Cordova has already lost 3 times to Millington and the more times you play a team ??“ the better that team usually plays against you. Just remember: Cordova doesn??™t have to be a better team then Millington ??“ they just have to be better tonight! I still say that Millington takes this one.

If Melrose puts pressure on Houston??™s perimeter then they advance; if they don??™t then they go home!

East ??“vs- Central: to close to call. Central has more game control as far as strategy & execution but East has more single game knock out punch (ex. Northside game). ???? Hummmm: should be interesting???

Good luck all..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as we are concerned, this is our first time facing Cordova. Those other 3 games were simply another season and we should have the mentality that they are just as hungry as we are. We aren't taking any team lightly because we have tasted defeat and we don't have an affinity for it. The girls seemed very focus in practice and we will see if it carries over tonight. Many blessings to all the teams. Go 14AAA!

I do not think that Region 7 will be a cake walk for Bartlett. Hardin County is fundamental and can shoot (dangerous combination). However, if Bartlett brings their ??????A?????? game (and JJ is a 100%), it could spell lights out for HC.

Cordova has already lost 3 times to Millington and the more times you play a team ?????“ the better that team usually plays against you. Just remember: Cordova doesn?????™t have to be a better team then Millington ?????“ they just have to be better tonight! I still say that Millington takes this one.

If Melrose puts pressure on Houston?????™s perimeter then they advance; if they don?????™t then they go home!

East ?????“vs- Central: to close to call. Central has more game control as far as strategy & execution but East has more single game knock out punch (ex. Northside game). ???? Hummmm: should be interesting???

As far as we are concerned, this is our first time facing Cordova. Those other 3 games were simply another season and we should have the mentality that they are just as hungry as we are. We aren't taking any team lightly because we have tasted defeat and we don't have an affinity for it. The girls seemed very focus in practice and we will see if it carries over tonight. Many blessings to all the teams. Go 14AAA!

I??™m sure Millington will be ready. I was not implying that Millington would take Cordova lightly. You honestly have to watch out for Cordova??™s streaky perimeter shooting which could lead to a HUGH quarter ??“ and if they play you close the other 3 quarters; you could easily end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard. So I??™m sure no one is taking them lightly (These are the final 32 teams out of 114 left standing in the state and I don??™t think any team can take any other team lightly.)

I was merely stating that when you play a team over and over and over again: It could eventually bite you! Each time a decent team can close the gap to make each game a little more competitive.

I??™m sure Millington will be ready. I was not implying that Millington would take Cordova lightly. You honestly have to watch out for Cordova??™s streaky perimeter shooting which could lead to a HUGH quarter ??“ and if they play you close the other 3 quarters; you could easily end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard. So I??™m sure no one is taking them lightly (These are the final 32 teams out of 114 left standing in the state and I don??™t think any team can take any other team lightly.)

I was merely stating that when you play a team over and over and over again: It could eventually bite you! Each time a decent team can close the gap to make each game a little more competitive.

I wasn't saying it in an angry tone DuDa. I was really agreeing with you. Cordova is a very dangerous team when they get hot. Last year we remember a 31 point quarter all too well. You seem a little tensed...Relax yall gonna be fine! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I wasn't saying it in an angry tone DuDa. I was really agreeing with you. Cordova is a very dangerous team when they get hot. Last year we remember a 31 point quarter all too well. You seem a little tensed...Relax yall gonna be fine! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hehehe /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I definitely didn't mean it in an angry tone.... Good Luck tonight! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />