Bolivar 60, Creek Wood 33

Prosushi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bolivar goes to state, but I think they are bottom 4 out of 8 depending on the draw. Dyer County has already beaten them once. I think CPA is a final 4 team and the Memphis area teams should be pretty strong. Bolivar beats Livingston Academy in that matchup. White House will be a matchup problem with big Gaines. Don't know a thing about the Chattanooga schools. Austin-East has been there before.

In my opinion, Bolivar is a year away. They're young. Beating 11AA teams isn't a great accomplishment this year. They aren't nearly as good as they have been the past 3 or 4 years imo. One thing in Bolivar's favor is their depth and athleticism. If they do go deep in the state this year, they'll be the prohibitive favorite along with CPA to be there next year. Both have fairly young teams.

sounds like Bolivar has a cake walk to the big dance...no Haywood, Dyer County, Mitchell or BTW...good luck tigers

Thats every year, but guess what. Its been a long time since a team in our district hasn't won the gold ball. Wayne Chism is a sophomore in college, a 12AA team has won the state title since he was a sophomore in high school.

Thats every year, but guess what. Its been a long time since a team in our district hasn't won the gold ball. Wayne Chism is a sophomore in college, a 12AA team has won the state title since he was a sophomore in high school.

im not knocking that fact at all..those gold balls speak for themselves...

Papatiger...we all know you are against Bolivar b/c they had homecourt advantage.

But luckily for you, you can still drive down here and buy from our concession stand on Mon. night!

I'm never overconfident. We don't do that here. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> But from reading you're post you do get overconfident (not directed at all Waverly fans or coaches-just you and a couple more). But I do believe that we have a very good shot to get to state, even IF the guys aren't in the driver's seat-as you say.

Since you say ya'll are hosting next year...I'll go ahead and say-we'll buy from your concession stand. It's too tacky to bring in Wal-Mart sacks to a tourney. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your right, Bolivar does have it easier not having to go through the Memphis substate and being in the district with them and having them beat us the last several years has been no fun. They are closer to the schools like Haywood & Fayette Ware but somehow are in a district with Lexington & Camden. I dont believe they would be in our district if it were not for Fred Kessler, member of the TSSAA board and Bolivar principal. We will be glad to let someone else have them.

But, don't be mistaken, they can play with anybody in the state. They can beat anybody thats left and Chris Reaves is the real deal.

Your right, Bolivar does have it easier not having to go through the Memphis substate and being in the district with them and having them beat us the last several years has been no fun. They are closer to the schools like Haywood & Fayette Ware but somehow are in a district with Lexington & Camden. I dont believe they would be in our district if it were not for Fred Kessler, member of the TSSAA board and Bolivar principal. We will be glad to let someone else have them.

But, don't be mistaken, they can play with anybody in the state. They can beat anybody thats left and Chris Reaves is the real deal.

This is a down year for 12AA. For the last 3 years 12AA has had 4 teams that could have made it to state. Bolivar and Liberty made it, but Lexington and McNairy both had teams that would walk in the state tournament if they played in the East. Sycamore had a team that would have made it also. Not going though Memphis is usually not relevant in this district because Bolivar and Liberty used to play and beat the Memphis teams. They also played and beat Haywood.

Bolivar has it easy. Yeah...right. Do you even know the teams we've had to complete against over the years? And we travelled some of that time also.

We win and your saying Kessler gives us the advantage? If anything Rudesill, and our ongoing talent, are the reasons why. If I had the chance to swap w/ ya. I think our chances would be just as good.

C'mon Bobcat-you don't need to whine about it. And I'm NOT saying we have it in the bag. We do have a good team though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But thanks for the props about our playing w/ anyone in the state. And about Reaves. That was appreciated.

I haven't seen them play since the Liberty game.....sounds like they are peaking just in time.

What about a Bolivar vs. Dyer County matchup? How many thinks this is likely?

I hope it happens. Would be the second meeting. DC won the first I was there. Bolivar had a lead in the 4th and lost it. I think DC has an edge in expierence. As far as athletically...I say even. Both teams are deep.

This is a down year for 12AA. For the last 3 years 12AA has had 4 teams that could have made it to state. Bolivar and Liberty made it, but Lexington and McNairy both had teams that would walk in the state tournament if they played in the East. Sycamore had a team that would have made it also. Not going though Memphis is usually not relevant in this district because Bolivar and Liberty used to play and beat the Memphis teams. They also played and beat Haywood.

If you are talking about last year's Sycamore team walking in the state tournament then Harpeth would have as well. Which means about 6 teams from region 6 could have made it in the East part. Which I agree with. I also think there was 4 teams this year that would make it in east. (Bolivar, CreekWood, Sycamore and Harpeth). I dont think Howard is as good as people say. They had one guy out against Hixson and got beat. That tells me there depth is very bad. Because I have seen Hixson play and they wouldnt compete with any of the top four teams from District 11aa, let alone Region 6.