CSAS @ Jackson County

RiversideGhost

who is hurt and who wasn't is not an issue. that is part of the game, you play who you can. deere had been of little consequence this entire season, i believe he decided that going to class was optional. townsend hurt, but again, you play the game with what you have. i have talked to a few fans who made the trip, i have heard that a SMALL GROUP of UC fans were using the "N" word and hurling it at the players for CSAS. i hope that this is some erroneous information. did anyone else hear this type of vulgarity from the UC fans?

I was up in the student section and i know for a fact all we did was cheer. We were above the rail so all you can hear from us up there is when we yell our cheers. I seen where someone said this earlier but i never heard anything. It would be a disgrace to all of us if even ONE person said anything like that. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the crop as my grandapa used to say! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is hurt and who wasn't is not an issue. that is part of the game, you play who you can. deere had been of little consequence this entire season, i believe he decided that going to class was optional. townsend hurt, but again, you play the game with what you have. i have talked to a few fans who made the trip, i have heard that a SMALL GROUP of UC fans were using the "N" word and hurling it at the players for CSAS. i hope that this is some erroneous information. did anyone else hear this type of vulgarity from the UC fans?

I can guarantee you that thier were not any "UC fans" in Jackson County that night. So it couldn't have happened. Case closed. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

what??? you got to be kidding right???Where you there?? I heard this I heard that, blah blah blah. How about wiping your rear end and stop making accusations that never happened.

well, I'm headed to the 'boro to support the lady blue devils

WHOSE GOT IT GOING ON? DEVILS

If this was really said then I sincerely apologize. The people I know and who are constant supports of JC wouldn't say something like this. But like I said, if it was then I apologize on behalf of everyone here at JC. Our boys played a wonderful game and no one can say that they didn't earn it, so give some credit where it is due. CSAS played great too and they have a lot of talent on their team. Keep making us proud JC boys, we are all behind you 110% and we all know that you deserve to be going to the STATE TOURNAMENT!!!

Th JC players did play great, my son heard this from some of the players at CSAS. They were exceptional three point shooters. My son also heard the other tidbit of information from some of the students who attended the game. I am going to let it go, I asked a simple question if anyone else heard anything like this. It seems that the ones who have read this post have not, but that does not mean it did not happen,. I made no accusations, I asked a simple question. I hope it did not happen, if it did then I hope the few who did such answer for it some day.

Th JC players did play great, my son heard this from some of the players at CSAS. They were exceptional three point shooters. My son also heard the other tidbit of information from some of the students who attended the game. I am going to let it go, I asked a simple question if anyone else heard anything like this. It seems that the ones who have read this post have not, but that does not mean it did not happen,. I made no accusations, I asked a simple question. I hope it did not happen, if it did then I hope the few who did such answer for it some day.

The sad fact of the matter is that JC is seen as a very raciest place. Part of that fact is due to the county being all white or mostly white. That is sad but there are also tons of other raciest ways than just against blacks. People that come to this county automatically think that we are a bunch of rednecks but thats not the case. I know that there are people that are raciest and that doesn't mean that they are right. The fact is that racism is a lack of knowledge. Kids are mean whether it's the color of skin, freckles, glasses, braces or any other thing. If it did happen then I am truly sorry that it did. I hope that anyone who heard it if it happened then I hope that they don't take it to heart because one or a couple of people don't understand what they are talking about. The guys of CSAS played a very good game and they made it the level that they did by being a good team and not one person should try to take that away from you. You made to the last possible game of the season last year and just maybe this year it will be our turn. What about Jared Robinson!!!!!!!!!!! That boy can play ball!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good game to all the boys of JC the TEAM won that game by not being selfish with ball. Great teamwork boys keep it up!

The sad fact of the matter is that JC is seen as a very raciest place. Part of that fact is due to the county being all white or mostly white. That is sad but there are also tons of other raciest ways than just against blacks. People that come to this county automatically think that we are a bunch of rednecks but thats not the case. I know that there are people that are raciest and that doesn't mean that they are right. The fact is that racism is a lack of knowledge. Kids are mean whether it's the color of skin, freckles, glasses, braces or any other thing. If it did happen then I am truly sorry that it did. I hope that anyone who heard it if it happened then I hope that they don't take it to heart because one or a couple of people don't understand what they are talking about. The guys of CSAS played a very good game and they made it the level that they did by being a good team and not one person should try to take that away from you. You made to the last possible game of the season last year and just maybe this year it will be our turn. What about Jared Robinson!!!!!!!!!!! That boy can play ball!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good game to all the boys of JC the TEAM won that game by not being selfish with ball. Great teamwork boys keep it up!

You know something, I have seen some great posts in this thread. I have seen them from both teams, and both colors.

It is a shame that there is ever a time in life where we notice the color of someones skin. But it happens. It is a fact of life. How we deal with that, determines what we are as people.

I grew up in Lansing MI. Forced bussing started when I was in 2nd grade. I walked 1/2 a city block to get to my elementary school, while some of my classmates were bussed 15 miles across town. They hated me at first. They hated me because they couldnt walk 1/2 block to the school just down the road from THEIR house. They hated me because they had to get up early in the morning and ride a stupid bus. And they hated me because it was the 1970s, and I am white, and that is what they were taught. But, the #1 reason why they hated me, is ignorance. Not just theirs, but mine too. We did not know anything about each other.

But, through time, teaching, and some incredible parenting, we all became friends. We knew each other, we understood each other, and I love some of those guys like they are my own family. I could call any one of them today, having not seen them in almost 20 years, and they would be at my side to help me in any way they can. And it certainly goes the same if they called me. In a heart beat.

I am not just telling a story just to ramble, but just to say "all we need is the desire to get to know each other" and all of the problems in this thread will go away. it takes time, patience, and understanding. And it takes the ability to love your fellow man.

There are, as has been pointed out in this thread, all kinds of prejudice. Whites against blacks, blacks against whites, redheads against blondes, rich against poor, it is never ending. But we have a unique chance here, because we are all here for the same reasons. Our love of sports, and our love of our kids/friends/family. We have a unique bond that can help us to understand each other, and to build on that and help OTHERS understand each other.

I have stood up for my fellow man/woman in many ways, and for many reasons, and if i am ever in a gym where there are these kinds of things going on, you can bet I will not tolerate it. I know for certain that there are plenty of folk at JC that feel the same way. I do not know anyone at CSAS, but I think if I ever got in a bind and needed their help, I could probably count on them as well. Sounds like there are a lot of great people at both schools.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know something, I have seen some great posts in this thread. I have seen them from both teams, and both colors.

It is a shame that there is ever a time in life where we notice the color of someones skin. But it happens. It is a fact of life. How we deal with that, determines what we are as people.

I grew up in Lansing MI. Forced bussing started when I was in 2nd grade. I walked 1/2 a city block to get to my elementary school, while some of my classmates were bussed 15 miles across town. They hated me at first. They hated me because they couldnt walk 1/2 block to the school just down the road from THEIR house. They hated me because they had to get up early in the morning and ride a stupid bus. And they hated me because it was the 1970s, and I am white, and that is what they were taught. But, the #1 reason why they hated me, is ignorance. Not just theirs, but mine too. We did not know anything about each other.

But, through time, teaching, and some incredible parenting, we all became friends. We knew each other, we understood each other, and I love some of those guys like they are my own family. I could call any one of them today, having not seen them in almost 20 years, and they would be at my side to help me in any way they can. And it certainly goes the same if they called me. In a heart beat.

I am not just telling a story just to ramble, but just to say "all we need is the desire to get to know each other" and all of the problems in this thread will go away. it takes time, patience, and understanding. And it takes the ability to love your fellow man.

There are, as has been pointed out in this thread, all kinds of prejudice. Whites against blacks, blacks against whites, redheads against blondes, rich against poor, it is never ending. But we have a unique chance here, because we are all here for the same reasons. Our love of sports, and our love of our kids/friends/family. We have a unique bond that can help us to understand each other, and to build on that and help OTHERS understand each other.

I have stood up for my fellow man/woman in many ways, and for many reasons, and if i am ever in a gym where there are these kinds of things going on, you can bet I will not tolerate it. I know for certain that there are plenty of folk at JC that feel the same way. I do not know anyone at CSAS, but I think if I ever got in a bind and needed their help, I could probably count on them as well. Sounds like there are a lot of great people at both schools.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is a wonderful post. And it is a true post. Charles Barklay said that "Being black or white isn't an accomplishment. What you do with your life - or what you accomplish with your life - dictates what you should be proud of". CSAS should be proud of what they accomplished this year but don't be mad at our team because we wanted the same accomplishments. Teams have been looking past us to the next game as if we didn't exist. We just stepped up to the plate and did our talking on the court when it really counted. Our players didn't have to post on CoachT. They knew in their hearts what they had to do and I for one am very proud of their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I think it is time to put this to rest. The game is over and JC is on their way to the state tournament. Nothing anyone says will change that.

This is a wonderful post. And it is a true post. Charles Barklay said that "Being black or white isn't an accomplishment. What you do with your life - or what you accomplish with your life - dictates what you should be proud of". CSAS should be proud of what they accomplished this year but don't be mad at our team because we wanted the same accomplishments. Teams have been looking past us to the next game as if we didn't exist. We just stepped up to the plate and did our talking on the court when it really counted. Our players didn't have to post on CoachT. They knew in their hearts what they had to do and I for one am very proud of their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I think it is time to put this to rest. The game is over and JC is on their way to the state tournament. Nothing anyone says will change that.

I love Chuck Barkley!!! I met him when I was a freshman at UF, and he was ripping up the nets (and the buffet tables) at Auburn.

Thanks for the comment. Im hoping to see JC next week, trying to clear up my calender. Would love a chance to see CSAS play sometime also.

Chuck Barkley is the kind of person people love to meet! He's well rounded and take no crap from anyone.. and he speaks his mind.. Thats the most important thing.. He doesn't care about what others think about him.. He says what needs to be heard! With that said, It is true that people always assume that because JC is predominantly a white county we are automatically "racist". The fact of the matter is I have been brought up to know the difference in wrong and right and I think racism is simply stupidity! I have some very close frinds of whom are black and I would not hesitate to do anything I could do to help in any way possible.. Same goes for my white friends.. The truth is that fans and students and players and JC residents aren't racist.. They don't judge someone by the color of their skin.. Or by the clothes they may wear.. And I think people should realize that even though we are a predominantly white population in JC that makes no diffence in the way we dictate people from other nationalites!

JC boys you guys have proved a lot of people wrong this year! Can't wait to see ya'll play in the boro next week! Good Luck Guys! Cause when you step foot on that hardwood in the BORO its a whole new ball game.. You'll be going up against the best of the best! We all know you can do it! and We will be cheering you guys on all the way! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CSAS, you guys are an extremely talented group of kids and I thought you guys really played well in a VERY HOSTILE environment.. I wish you guys the best of luck next year and who knows maybe we will get matched up again!

If inapropiate statements were made by either side shame on you; God loves us all and he will hold us all accontable for our actions toward our fellow man no matter the color of our skin, All these young men were trying to win this game and its not right to tarnish the character of either school by making harsh remarks against any of them. If JC school offcials knew this was going on from either side they would have been shown the door and barred from futher activities.

If inapropiate statements were made by either side shame on you; God loves us all and he will hold us all accontable for our actions toward our fellow man no matter the color of our skin, All these young men were trying to win this game and its not right to tarnish the character of either school by making harsh remarks against any of them. If JC school offcials knew this was going on from either side they would have been shown the door and barred from futher activities.

great post. And this goes for any school, in any city. If someone is being offensive, in any way shape or form, find the folks that are running the joint, and tell them. Go to the ladies and gentleman taking tickets, tell them you need to speak to the person running the gym, because you feel you are being harassed. You WILL be taken care of. I know that for certain.

I can guarantee you that the folks at JC, Upperman, Livingston, ANY of the schools in the Upper Cumberland, and beyond, would not stand for that happening in their gyms.

I am also certain that if I went to a game at CSAS that they good people there, (I have never met any of them, but I naturally assume that all people are good) would treat this fat old man right. And I would feel safe in their gym, just as I would make sure they felt safe in mine.

As I have said before, there are many great posts in this thread, and I firmly believe that is because we have many great people in the state of TN.