MBA's 2008 Herbstreit Ohio vs. USA Opponent Named

rollredroll

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA has undergone significant change since Coach Rutledge left: Here is a list of coaches that have left or have gone public and will not be returning:

Jeff Rutledge

Robert Black

Joe Davis

Brian Gruber

Jason Mathews

Jason Hiett

Mark Sutton

Floyd Elliot

James Counce Sr

James Counce Jr

Jamie Redmond

Todd Moran

12 Coaches in a calender year. I hope McGugin and Gioia know what they are doing, this is significant turnover for a High School program.

Good Luck to the Big Red next year

Counce Sr to Dyersburg

Counce Jr to Henry co

Floyd Elliot to BA

No new hires that I have heard of at this point.

I had not heard that coach counces son was coming to Henry County. I hope this is correct!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well we all know what Coaches will not be back so now the important question is what PLAYERS will be back?

Congratulations to MBA for scheduling a tough opponent for it opener. I will be pulling for Big Red that weekend! Make us all proud and pull a R'dale on Ohio and beat them by a BUNCH! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MBA has undergone significant change since Coach Rutledge left: Here is a list of coaches that have left or have gone public and will not be returning:

Jeff Rutledge

Robert Black

Joe Davis

Brian Gruber

Jason Mathews

Jason Hiett

Mark Sutton

Floyd Elliot

James Counce Sr

James Counce Jr

Jamie Redmond

Todd Moran

12 Coaches in a calender year. I hope McGugin and Gioia know what they are doing, this is significant turnover for a High School program.

HA!! Know what they're doing....how does STATE CHAMPS sound!

I am a Big Red supporter. Coaches Counce and E are losses but can be replaced.

J. Davis and the other guy are in the bar business, where they should be. The were hardly football coaches at MBA.

I have followed MBA football for over 35 years and there has never been a football coach named Sutton at MBA. Good luck to Robert on the hill.

There are haters everywhere. Must mean yur doing something right.

J. Davis and the other guy are in the bar business, where they should be. The were hardly football coaches at MBA.

I have followed MBA football for over 35 years and there has never been a football coach named Sutton at MBA. Good luck to Robert on the hill.

I don't think anyone is trying to "hate". These are just the coaches that my son says have left MBA since Rutledge's departure. Good luck to the "Big Red"

Jeff Rutledge

Robert Black

Joe Davis

Brian Gruber

Jason Mathews

Jason Hiett

Mark Sutton

Floyd Elliot

James Counce Sr

James Counce Jr

Jamie Redmond

Todd Moran

Moran and Redmond are still at MBA, Redmond might be leaving, but Moran won't be

A number of those personnel changes came in the wake of Rutledge's departure. There's nothing unusual there: a change in head coaches usually leads to staff changes. As to the changes this year, the Counces went back home for significant opportunities. That's hardly an issue with the MBA program.

I've said elsewhere that Coach Elliot's leaving to take the same job at BA struck me as a bit odd, but again, I don't think the ship is sinking. I don't expect this season to be as good as last season. They lost a lot of talent from the most successful team in a long and storied history. That's a tough act to follow. Things will be ok; the Board of Trust, as it always does, will see to that.

Over time, MBA will lose some games...to BA, to Ensworth...it's even possible, I suppose, that they might lose again to Ryan. But the program will have a lot more ups than downs.