MBA's 2008 Herbstreit Ohio vs. USA Opponent Named

rollredroll

Here's a link to BA's schedule for next season (you'll have to go to the pull down menu for season, and change to 2008-2009):

http://www.brentwoodacademy.com/page.cfm?p...isplay=Schedule

Gulp! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Awesome. I think BA will represent quite well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My previous post was to not take a stab at mba, or boost the moral of Ensworth. I was just saying that Rodriguez has no experience coaching defense. He never coached defense at Ensworth, so why would you make a statement about ensworth playing "tennessee school for the blind for the first 5 games of the year"...especially when two of Ensworths first five games were mccallie and Knoxville Webb, and MBA being the sixth. Get your facts straight before you make another biased comment against ensworth

so you are saying Know Webb is good? Well MBA beat them 49-14 and it was never a contest. Ill give you McCallie, they were a solid win, but the Deepsouth was right your first few games are jokes. JMO

• 1 month later...

MBA is replacing Coach Elliot, one of the most underrated coaches in Tennessee, with the Ensworth middle school Head Coach in Jonas Rodriguez. Nothing against him personally, I know him well and he is a great coach. He helped coach Running Backs for Ensworth High School and did a great job. But as mentioned earlier, he has absolutely no experience with defense, he had never played it himself. So it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Actually he played some at Yale in College. He is a defensive genious and will help lead the Big Red to our 15 state title.

HA!! Know what they're doing....how does STATE CHAMPS sound!

I am a Big Red supporter. Coaches Counce and E are losses but can be replaced.

J. Davis and the other guy are in the bar business, where they should be. The were hardly football coaches at MBA.

I have followed MBA football for over 35 years and there has never been a football coach named Sutton at MBA. Good luck to Robert on the hill.

There are haters everywhere. Must mean yur doing something right.

mark sutton was the strength coach for football

Both Counces are in Dyersburg. Thank Goodness = Back where they belong. DHS players and fans are very proud to have both back in the drivers seat .Good luck to MBA against Moeller!!

I heard nice things about them from friends on the staff at MBA. I hope they enjoyed their time there, and good luck to them in their new positions.

so you are saying Know Webb is good? Well MBA beat them 49-14 and it was never a contest. Ill give you McCallie, they were a solid win, but the Deepsouth was right your first few games are jokes. JMO

For a start up school playing its first year of D2 football, what would you have ensworth do? MBA, Father Ryan, Christan Bros and most other schools have double the enrollment so would it be smart for Ensworth to stack their schedule? Yea mba probably killed webb but ensworth did also (57-21). So when you agree with the reference reference to the school of the blind not only are you showing your lack of empathy for an entire disabled group you are proving that you havent thought what you are saying through. A lot of the teams we played were jokes but how high of a standard would you set for a school in that position.

Coach Rod is a good coach i think its a little premature to say that he is a great coach. MBA will surely be a good team with a lot of big guys up front. Wesley Johnson and a few others are going to make some big holes, the question remains, who will run through them? BA and Ensworth also have very big lines as well so its going to be really interesting to see these three go at it.

I heard nice things about them from friends on the staff at MBA. I hope they enjoyed their time there, and good luck to them in their new positions.

Heard similar good things...saw them both at one of MBA's spring practices, and the younger Counce's former linemen came over to greet him as a unit after practice. MBA had great running backs in 2007, but, as with most running games, they are only as good as the guys that pave the way with the blocking, and MBA's line really stepped it up a notch in 2007 over prior years.

• 4 weeks later...