Morgan County Schools

UTC

Yes, that would be coach Ellison. I am a fan of Bearden. We made the state semi finals last year & won the region championship. Im kind of a high school football junkie, so I keep up with local schools. Wartburg got a quality young man by hiring Coach Ellison. He has good knowledge of the game & relates well to the young men that he coaches. I wish him & your team the best of luck.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellison will be a good fit for Wartburg. I believe he applied at Sunbright but just for a position coach. becoming the Coordinator will give this young man a chance to be a head coach in a year or two.

Does anybody know how Oakdale's offseason is going?

Yes, that would be coach Ellison. I am a fan of Bearden. We made the state semi finals last year & won the region championship. Im kind of a high school football junkie, so I keep up with local schools. Wartburg got a quality young man by hiring Coach Ellison. He has good knowledge of the game & relates well to the young men that he coaches. I wish him & your team the best of luck.

He did a good job at Bearden.

I heard wartburg was going to try to run a spread time offense? And I heard they are moving kids around. With the biggest move being Moving The Daugherty kid to quarterback? any truth to that rumor?

Interesting times in the Wartburg Program right now. Seems that there will be many changes this Spring as the coaching staff looks to find answers to many questions. I too have heard there will be a spread look to the offense. Hope that they can coach that type of offense. Coach Shoe has some good additions to the staff and they seems to be working hard in the off season. Spoke with him yesterday while he was working on the field. He didn't talk about specifics, but feels that they have more spread type athletes than a power type game. As for QB, he said there would be 4 QBs working this Spring. Didn't mention any names, but feel Trout will be in that mix. Daugherty has a great arm too. I have no idea who else would be in the mix.

Any word on when Spring Practice starts around the county? Heard that Sunbright and Wartburg were scrimmaging this Spring. I would like to see that scrimmage.

Get it and Go!!

Im very excited about Coach Shoemaker being head coach at Wartburg, He is VERY good with the kids & will do a fantastic job being head coach, he knows football. I??™ve heard a lot of good thing about the two new asst. coaches im stoked about seein these guys in action. Wartburg has the athletes and with some ???good??? direction they will do well. Wartburg and Sunbright will be an interesting scrimmage to watch this spring after what happened last year /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Good luck to all Morgan County Teams!

I think Morgan County Teams will struggle again this year; I just don??™t see many College type prospects coming out of Morgan County this year except for Wartburg??™s Pool, Sunbrights Henes, Oakdales Perkins /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Coalfield doesn??™t look to be a strong region contender in 2008 to me. I??™m going to go out on a limb and say Coalfield 2008 at the best, 5-5. Sunbright seems to have a BIG problem in the coaching office, not very good communication from the coaches to the kids and lack of respect from the kids to the coaches /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Oakdale will be better this year, I like what there coach is doing up there, just need more kids out. Wartburg is going through another coaching change from the hot shot Bangley to simple Shoemaker, I like Coach Dan and think he can turn things around, they need more kids out and some more help then they should be coming back to form like early and mid 2000??™s but even with that im going to say Wartburg 2008, 2-8

I would like to see Morgan County Teams get back to the way they were in 2002-2006. I think they need to have many scrimmages this spring and fall, I think they need to have that passing league like they did a few years ago gets the fans and scouts familiar with the players and coaches /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . But good luck to all

Communicate is not all that Sunbright is missing however, Coach Dunlap communicates well with the players but was told today that he was leaving to take a position at Sequatchie County. If this is true, I hope Coach Dunlap the best and he will be missed in Sunbright.

For college athletes, I could see the Henes, Starkey, and Carroll playing small college ball, like Cumberland College, Union, school like that but no higher.

It has been said that Dunlap would leave, but stay if coach Harrison was gone , that is what I heard

as for the sunbright players

Henes should be the leading rusher if the coach gives him the ball and the leading person on D

Starkey might be playing at QB and he has a great arm

Carrol should be the leading reciever with the speed for Starkeys long passes

as far as the linemen go, they have been hitting the weights hard

if the coach and players get along they should be a pretty decent team