Morgan County Schools

UTC

Yes sir, you are corret that you are not in Texas or S. Florida - but, you are smack dab in the middle of "Pillow Fighting Country". That in itself is something to take pride in. Swing em if you got em!!!!!

Oh, I'm "corret" am I? Hey, Monkey Boy's alter ego, you're smack dab in the middle of your own little world! How do you know about pillows when you probably sleep on the ground?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of talent that comes out of Morgan County, Wartburg beat that snot out of Alcoa in 2002 when they were loaded with the likes of John T Armes ???Carson Newman??? Derrick Sills ???Tennessee Radiers-Semi Pro Team??? Ryan Hamm ???UTC??? Michael Wilkie ???Minnesota Milwaukee??? Andrew Kittreal ???Union??? Chad Sills ???Maryville??? And had the likes of Top state prospects with Kyle Laymance, Jake Hawn, & Jamie Gibson /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Don??™t get me wrong Morgan County hasn??™t produced a good number of prospect like they had in 2003 & 2006 but they??™re still good talent there. And I do agree MORGAN COUNTY needs to combine high schools and make a Morgan County High, they would still only be around a large 3-A school! And they could compete a lot better! Id love to see that happen /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

Well I guess I should start refuting some of the asine statements you fellows are making. Highstandardsscout you mention wartburg was loaded with tallent in 2002, well that was the worst Alcoa team to take the field probably in the history of Alcoa High school, I believe six freshman started on offense and many more were significant contributors; I'm not sure how many started on defense but a very similar number. So when you actually analyze the game you beat the best JV team in the state that year, now I'm not excusing the loss it was still an embarassment and a black mark on Alcoa football but it is understanable.

Getitango your first point about the game being close throughout the first half is in no way related to what I posted, I said the game was never in question; meaining starting at kickoff no one for Wartburg honestley thought they could win and no one for Alcoa thought they would loose. And be honest with yourself even when the game was close you knew Alcoa would turn it on and finish the bulldogs. As for point two, name one player alcoa has had in the past ten years that they have recruited. I want you to give me a name if you know so much about the recruiting process at Aloca, and if you know Aloca has recruited players illicitly why have you not turned them in to TSSAA. Now I will be the first to admit people associated with Alcoa have encouraged players to move to Alcoa but nothing illegal was done. As for tuition students at alcoa approximately 30% of the student body pays tuition at Alcoa. About 10% of the football team pays tuition, so yes most tuition students move to Alcoa for academics, look at test scores Alcoa is academicaly supperrior to Blount county schools. As for the "Blue chip" tranfer you speak of; a blue chip player is a player that is rated as a five star recruit by a recruiting service. Jock stinson is definateley not that, and would in all likelyhood not even start at Alcoa, and no one even knows if the kid from South Carolina will show up, but he is far from blue chip status anyway.

SCW86 you mentioned correctley that Blount Conuty is a much larger system than Morgan County, the only flaw in that is Alcoa City has their own school system that has one high school one middle school and one elementary school, this is what allows Alcoa to be selective in the students they choose from the county to pay tuition. As for D1 signees not making it that is largely due to the academic rigors at Alcoa High School. Joei Fiegler made a 21 on his ACT but his GPA did not qualify for DI schools so he went a JC where he started at QB and punter for the #5 ranked NJCAA team in the nation and was selected first team all American as a freshman in JC. Brandon Warren was Freshman All america for the Florida Stae Seminoles but decided he needed to leave school to be with his ill mother (yes this was terrible timing but understandable) so he has had to work his way back into fotball but don't be surprised if he starts somewhere for UT this upcoming season. A few others have had academic problems similar to Fiegler where they had the test score but the GPA was not there simply because the school does not care about the future of its athletes.

Oh and Kray you said you wanted to see Sunbright and Wartburg play city teams. No you don't Knox central, Fulton, Catholic, Austin East, Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Bearden would run circles all around your pitiful squads.

I am truly amazed at how incognizant you are of your football teams tallent. But hey you might get lucky and beat a girl scout troop in state pillow fighting championships. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Getitango your first point about the game being close throughout the first half is in no way related to what I posted, I said the game was never in question; meaining starting at kickoff no one for Wartburg honestley thought they could win and no one for Alcoa thought they would loose. And be honest with yourself even when the game was close you knew Alcoa would turn it on and finish the bulldogs. As for point two, name one player alcoa has had in the past ten years that they have recruited. I want you to give me a name if you know so much about the recruiting process at Aloca, and if you know Aloca has recruited players illicitly why have you not turned them in to TSSAA. Now I will be the first to admit people associated with Alcoa have encouraged players to move to Alcoa but nothing illegal was done. As for tuition students at alcoa approximately 30% of the student body pays tuition at Alcoa. About 10% of the football team pays tuition, so yes most tuition students move to Alcoa for academics, look at test scores Alcoa is academicaly supperrior to Blount county schools. As for the "Blue chip" tranfer you speak of; a blue chip player is a player that is rated as a five star recruit by a recruiting service. Jock stinson is definateley not that, and would in all likelyhood not even start at Alcoa, and no one even knows if the kid from South Carolina will show up, but he is far from blue chip status anyway.

Well, Not so smart,

I will let the others speak of their statements, but I for one thought that with some breaks and a few Tornado mistakes, that the Bulldogs did have a chance. No one gave App State a chance against Michigan but that is another story. No one gave the Bulldogs a chance in the mid 90's but the Bulldogs won a close one then too on their home field. So you never know.

Now that you ask for names, I will give you 2 former players who seem not to be Alcoa residents but became Alcoa players. Now everything was done legally, because I called TSSAA myself to question what was going on. Langster was a Bearden kid. Seemed he lived with his "God Mother" in order to avoid tuition and get into zone. The Summers kids before being dismissed was a member of the team and was a Hardin Valley resident. He paid tuition. One of your coaches told me that. The one with the nice convertable. Anyway if other teams could add a few "tuition kids" that could play at that level(both were DI) it would help propel them to that level. And excuse me if I don't know the "true definition" of Blue Chip. You see we get to recruit so few of them. I am sure that Langster and Summers came to your place for the academics. You need to wake up and smell the decaf. The reality is that the clearinghouse uses a sliding scale with the higher the ACT score, the lower the GPA required. Knock the top off the test, well you know what I mean. You are a smart guy!!!

And like I said, come over to the concession stand next fall and introduce yourself and we will see just how much you know about Morgan County Football. We might be able to change your opinion a little.

Gotta Go

There is a lot of ignorance flying around in this thread! But on the No talent in Morgan County I could not disagree more, you might not hear about a lot of the talent in Morgan County because its so spread out, if Morgan County integrated into one school they would compete at a higher level not only athletically but academically, I strive to see a Morgan County High school /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ! I just dont think they will ever get out of the Stone Age and want to combine three 200 kid schools into one superior school. I could be wrong but idk..

There won't be a single Morgan County school because the state has limits on how long kids can ride on a bus. Right now some kids at Sunbright ride the bus nearly an hour and a half. If there was a single school it would need to be near Sunbright, which would put the kids in the Oakdale and Coalfield area close to the time limit.

I couldn??™t agree more with Mr. Gibson and Carter. Gibson im pretty sure I know who you are and if im correct your grandfather was a great man and a superior Educator/Coach/Friend, I played under him at Clinton and will never forget what he taught me about life and football. On the subject about Morgan County integrating I love this idea! MC would still only be a small 3a school competing against the likes of, Scott County, Kingston and so on. The people of Morgan County, I would push this VERY hard! It will help the kids out tremendously! There is ways to fix the bus problem, if they would be willing to do it. There??™s always a way, and for this I sure would be trying very hard to find a solution.

Any news on the Wartburg/Sunbright scrimmage? What are everybody's thoughts on it and who do you think will come out on top?

I'd say these teams would let each other take turns being on top!!!!! Even if you did consolidate into one "superior" ( I use this term very loosely) school, I still think you would struggle to beat the areas A & AA teams. You still could not hang with the likes of Rockwood..........PILLOWS = POWER, TRADITION NEVER DIES - this is just an example of the school motto for Morgan County High. Or the ever popular "SWING 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM". You could have T-shirts and signs (or perhaps pillow cases) printed up like SOR in Midway.