Austin-East vs McMInn Central

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanting to get some input on the game Thursday against AE>> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This game is a hard one to handicap. I don't know exactly when AE's girls came back from suspension. I know they are fast and athletic and like to push it up the court when given the chance. From that aspect, they sound a lot like the Chargerettes.

You can't really tell much by looking at common opponents because you don't know who did or didn't play for each team in their matchups. AE played Brainerd, Alcoa, and Howard just as McMinn Central did. In those games, AE had a bit of a tougher time, but like I said, I don't know who might have been out due to suspension or injury for AE.

This game is a hard one to handicap. I don't know exactly when AE's girls came back from suspension. I know they are fast and athletic and like to push it up the court when given the chance. From that aspect, they sound a lot like the Chargerettes.

You can't really tell much by looking at common opponents because you don't know who did or didn't play for each team in their matchups. AE played Brainerd, Alcoa, and Howard just as McMinn Central did. In those games, AE had a bit of a tougher time, but like I said, I don't know who might have been out due to suspension or injury for AE.

It should be the best first round game of the tourney.

A-E put 97 points up on a good South Greene team in the sub-state. If I were playing them, I would be worried.

I agree. When I saw the score of the South Greene AE game I was amazed at the points put up by both teams. I think bench depth and conditioning as well as who can "settle" in first may determine this one.

I agree. This is a tough game to handicap. Austin-East's record doesn't mean anything. I do know that the all the players were back when they played Brainerd the night after Central played them, and lost by two, but I'm not sure how long they had all their players back. If they had been back for a couple of weeks and the players had all settled into their roles, it looks good for Central. But if they only came back shortly before then, they may not have been playing team ball at that point. And I'll agree that 97 points in a game looks impressive, but they allowed 74. Did neither team realize that they could play defense this game? This score looks more like a lay-up shooting contest rather then a basketball game.

I think that this'll be a good game. Good luck Chargerettes.

I agree. This is a tough game to handicap. Austin-East's record doesn't mean anything. I do know that the all the players were back when they played Brainerd the night after Central played them, and lost by two, but I'm not sure how long they had all their players back. If they had been back for a couple of weeks and the players had all settled into their roles, it looks good for Central. But if they only came back shortly before then, they may not have been playing team ball at that point. And I'll agree that 97 points in a game looks impressive, but they allowed 74. Did neither team realize that they could play defense this game? This score looks more like a lay-up shooting contest rather then a basketball game.

I think that this'll be a good game. Good luck Chargerettes.

I had that same thought. Few teams face a defense like Central's "borderline Nasty" in regular season.