CPA vs. Creek Wood

matt610

You obviously are not very familiar with CPA. THey are a man-to-man team primarily that loves to switch from 1/2 court man to full court pressure to double teaming the ball in the 1/2 court. They mix up their defenses and play zone only occassionally to force the opponent to prove they can shoot (because you won't drive and get inside shots much against Z).

I would say they are 75% (at least) man-to-man. Their best defense is when they double the ball. They have the luxury of overplaying because if someone's man gets open inside, Z will contest or block the shot.

A team's defense is what really shows how well they are coached. I'm sure all of the remaining 8 are well coached - I know CPA is.

I obviously have probably seen CPA play three more times than you have seen Dyer County this year. I stand by what I say. A 2-3 ANYTHING might not be the best way to approach this team if their perimeter shooting is where it's been all year. I've seen both teams play, I live in the midstate but I am a Dyer County native. All I was doing was giving an assessment of what I think about the matchup. With that being said either of these teams could win a game against each other. I hope I get to see it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously are not very familiar with CPA. THey are a man-to-man team primarily that loves to switch from 1/2 court man to full court pressure to double teaming the ball in the 1/2 court. They mix up their defenses and play zone only occassionally to force the opponent to prove they can shoot (because you won't drive and get inside shots much against Z).

I would say they are 75% (at least) man-to-man. Their best defense is when they double the ball. They have the luxury of overplaying because if someone's man gets open inside, Z will contest or block the shot.

A team's defense is what really shows how well they are coached. I'm sure all of the remaining 8 are well coached - I know CPA is.

I don't know how cpa plays but I have seen all of bolivars games. If you try to press them it would be a huge mistake. No team has been able to do it all year with any great success. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />