AA Breakdown

jwcardin

GOOOOOO BEEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing the team the best of luck tomorrow. I am so very proud of the Lady Bees. The girls have pulled through when they needed the win. They are determined and strong!! GO BEES!!

I also want to wish Jackson County the best of luck tomorrow as well.. GO Blue!

Hope every one a very safe journey to and from the games tomorrow.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it , Milan is very, very athletic. However, I believe if Upperman slows the game down and controls the tempo they will be in great shape in the fourth quarter to pull out a win. Two things you didn't see from Upperman in the first round, free throw shooting, and the three ball. Lashay goes for thirty without a single three. And although Maynard hit a couple, if you double Lashay and leave her open she will make you pay big time!!! It would be in Uppermans favor if they could make this a shooting contest no doubt. You definitely don't wanna run the floor with Milan. However, i have seen in the bast where these fast athletic teams can get very careless with the ball when pressured. It will be interesting to see what Uppermans game plan will be. I expect to see a packed in zone, contesting the three point shot. If they can get the game to that point and take care of the ball, UHS wins NO DOUBT.. Gotta take care of the ball against an athletic team of Milan's caliber. Gooooooooooooooo Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get wild in the Boro GATORBILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and see if you can't get the Upperman crowd to set together. We have a really good crowd, but they set all over the gym, makes it look like we have a bad showing!!!! haven't figured that one out yet.

Very good post. This is going to be an interesting game. I know that the first game we didnt show ANYTHING except LaShay on the drive. That was what we needed to do to win, and we did it. There are so many weapons with this team. I am trying to just keep my enthusiasm under control........ha, hard to do. Milan is a talented team. And so is Upperman. I like our chances, but it will be tough.

That crowd we had their on Wednesday was......well....lame. I hope some of our students read this and step up their game a TON. The parents ALWAYS bring it strong. The students...well.......I told the kid that rode with me that they looked like a bunch of princesses standing there on the front row. Like they were posing for some magazine or something. He was not happy about being called a princess, but it was the truth. They need to step it up, cause Milan was WOW, they had it going on!!!

I will see what I can do for ya!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh, also Gator Bill, you said in another thread that someone told you that the three coaches on Uppermans bench were the three best to play at Upperman. Whoever told you this was totally correct!!! Dana was an awesome ball player who could shoot, pass and went on to tech to do the same thing. Amanda Austin was one of the best pure shooters i've seen to this day. She also had some crazy passing skills. really smart player. And Emily Christian is the Best to Play at Upperman. I think the scored over 3000 points in High School and went on to TTU to score over 2000 and recently had her jersey retired at UHS and TTU, which doesn't happen often at that school. You may have known all this but thought i'd let you know anyway!!!

I would pay big money for game tapes of any of the three of them. I bet they were a lot of fun to watch!!

And I cannot imagine anyone being more intense as a player than MrsCoachMcWilliams must have been. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

(Id rather be in trouble with my wife than be in trouble with MrsCoachMcWilliams.....I like my chances of surviving it better. And my wife can be quite a bit to survive!!!) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do think that Central will beat Marshall... I would like to see Central and Milan in the finals.. I think that will be a great game.. Don't know much about the bench of Milan but I can tell you that Central does go 9 deep.... good luck to all but mostly to Central

Well McMinn will have it to do. Marshall County truly goes 6 deep. Six players that would start on any team in AA. I think this game will be close at tip off. Then Marshall crushes them on their way to the State Championship. Remember Marshall? they are the state runner-ups from last season who did not lose a player from last years team.

It does not matter who wins the other bracket ....silver is all they will get. Region 5 Better than the West.

Good Luck tigeretts. 2 to go!

I just asked my magic 8 ball if Upperman would win today and the answer was:

YES.

No need to even play this game now. Put it in the books. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss

Two hours sleep that was all. Couldn't take it anymore. Got up and drove on down to the Boro a little after midnight. Two pots of coffee later I'm ready for tipoff. Five hours to go before ours so I guess I'm going to get in the middle of the sea of blue and cheer the lady devils to victory.

Gooooooooooooo Beeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two hours sleep that was all. Couldn't take it anymore. Got up and drove on down to the Boro a little after midnight. Two pots of coffee later I'm ready for tipoff. Five hours to go before ours so I guess I'm going to get in the middle of the sea of blue and cheer the lady devils to victory.

Gooooooooooooo Beeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has got to be tough. As I have said before, my kid isnt even playing and it kills ME. The last time she played, I was her coach!! hahaha, that makes it a little easier to tolerate.

Im sure you will be ok from this point, hang in there!!

Hoot and holler a little extra for those JC kids for me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is how I see it happening:

McMinn Central over Austin East

Gibson over Marshall

Upperman over Stone

Milan over Creekwood

semis:

McMinn Central over Gibson

Upperman over Milan

finals:

McMinn Central over Upperman

what do ya'll think.

Well you almost called that one, only off by two, now that Upperman and McMinn Central are out of it. I see Marshall taking that gold ball home this year, but I have not seen Milan play (so therefore I am unsure about them). I do know that Upperman was expected to beat Milan in the first round, like they were no competition for Upperman. Of course, as we all know, that one fell through. Hats off to Marshall yesterday in their hard fought victory over McMinn Central, even though I was cheering for McMinn Central. McMinn Central girls are a team you can never underestimate, you may take the lead on them, but as soon as you start slacking they start coming back, they don't let up until that final buzzer sounds. Way to go Chargerettes!!!! We will get the gold next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well you almost called that one, only off by two, now that Upperman and McMinn Central are out of it. I see Marshall taking that gold ball home this year, but I have not seen Milan play (so therefore I am unsure about them). I do know that Upperman was expected to beat Milan in the first round, like they were no competition for Upperman. Of course, as we all know, that one fell through. Hats off to Marshall yesterday in their hard fought victory over McMinn Central, even though I was cheering for McMinn Central. McMinn Central girls are a team you can never underestimate, you may take the lead on them, but as soon as you start slacking they start coming back, they don't let up until that final buzzer sounds. Way to go Chargerettes!!!! We will get the gold next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Milan's not losing that championship tommorrow

Milan's not losing that championship tommorrow

I like confidence!!!

FOR SALE: 1 Magic 8 Ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Didnt do me anygood on my game today!!! But I think it had Marshall and JC winning, so it this were baseball it would have hall of fame stats!!!

In the infamous words of Meatloaf: "Two out of three aint bad"