AA Breakdown

jwcardin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree. Milan WILL be in the championship! I don't see Upperman or Stone Mem. having the athleticism to compete with Milan. Milan is unbelievable pushing the ball and some of the shots they make! Shameika Gray will put on a show for everyone to see.

Gibson Co. has never made it past the semi-finals in school history, believe it or not! This year at state we'll have to play just as we have in the Regional Tournaments. I'm hoping GC makes it to the finals but we'll have to go through the hardest part of the brackets. Marshall Co. in the first round and either McMinn Central or AE in the second round. It'd be awesome to see Milan V. GC in rd. 6 in the state finals!

I don't agree. Milan WILL be in the championship! I don't see Upperman or Stone Mem. having the athleticism to compete with =336&SportID=2]Milan. Milan is unbelievable pushing the ball and some of the shots they make! Shameika Gray will put on a show for everyone to see.

Gibson Co. has never made it past the semi-finals in school history, believe it or not! This year at state we'll have to play just as we have in the Regional Tournaments. I'm hoping GC makes it to the finals but we'll have to go through the hardest part of the brackets. Marshall Co. in the first round and either McMinn Central or AE in the second round. It'd be awesome to see Milan V. GC in rd. 6 in the state finals!

Then I would have to say clearly you have not seen them play. It's great to be excited about your team and their accomplishments, but you need to realize your region is not the only region in the state. Until these guys match up, there's really no way of knowing who will outplay whom.

I don't agree. Milan WILL be in the championship! I don't see Upperman or Stone Mem. having the athleticism to compete with Milan. Milan is unbelievable pushing the ball and some of the shots they make! Shameika Gray will put on a show for everyone to see.

Don't underestimate the two teams from Upper Cumberland.....they deserve to be there & have plenty of athleticism. Upperman has 4 girls that usually post in the double digits every game & they have Lashay Davis(junior) is a Miss Basketball nominee. That alone should tell you what athleticism they have. Stone has Dishman, Brown girls & Sanders who also post double digit most games. Just because they are not from West Tn doesn't mean they aren't talented. Upper Cumberland is represented well in the Boro this year.

I respect West TN teams....I know what they are capable of but so are these teams.

Don't underestimate the two teams from Upper Cumberland.....they deserve to be there & have plenty of athleticism. Upperman has 4 girls that usually post in the double digits every game & they have Lashay Davis(junior) is a Miss Basketball nominee. That alone should tell you what athleticism they have. Stone has Dishman, Brown girls & Sanders who also post double digit most games. Just because we are not from West Tn doesn't mean they aren't talented. Upper Cumberland is represented well in the Boro this year.

I respect West TN teams....I know what they are capable of but so are these teams.

I have noticed that there is very little mention of Lindsay Smith in any of these replies. In my eyes, she is the MOST athletic of any of the girls on the Stone team. Don't get me wrong, Dishman, Leslie Brown (yes, she is good enough not to lump her in as one of the Browns!), Chelsea Brown, and Caitlin Sanders are all very good and athletic. Lindsay should be a D-1 player next year. She has gotten into foul trouble in the last few games, but no one can push the ball and move it like her. Also interesting that no one mentions the Eller girl....she deserves a great deal of credit for her intensity and floor smarts. The more I talk about the individuals on this team, the more I think they can win it all if they can play to their potential.

Go Panthers!!

Don't underestimate the two teams from Upper Cumberland.....they deserve to be there & have plenty of athleticism. Upperman has 4 girls that usually post in the double digits every game & they have Lashay Davis(junior) is a Miss Basketball nominee. That alone should tell you what athleticism they have. Stone has Dishman, Brown girls & Sanders who also post double digit most games. Just because we are not from West Tn doesn't mean they aren't talented. Upper Cumberland is represented well in the Boro this year.

I have noticed that there is very little mention of Lindsay Smith in any of these replies. In my eyes, she is the MOST athletic of any of the girls on the Stone team. Don't get me wrong, Dishman, Leslie Brown (yes, she is good enough not to lump her in as one of the Browns!), Chelsea Brown, and Caitlin Sanders are all very good and athletic. Lindsay should be a D-1 player next year. She has gotten into foul trouble in the last few games, but no one can push the ball and move it like her. Also interesting that no one mentions the Eller girl....she deserves a great deal of credit for her intensity and floor smarts. The more I talk about the individuals on this team, the more I think they can win it all if they can play to their potential.

Go Panthers!!

I'm glad you brought that up. I meant to mention Lindsay earlier as she was District MVP. Even when Lindsay is not the leading scorer, she moves the ball so well and makes those amazing key plays at the right time. Brittany Eller was also all- district. Stone is fortunate that they don't have so much a true "starting five" as they do a "starting six."

I agree.. GO PANTHERS!!

they have Lashay Davis(junior) is a Miss Basketball nominee. That alone should tell you what athleticism .

have you heard about Milan they have Chantel Poston (senior) Miss Basketall nominee and a Purdue signee. along with Gray and Glenn. Those girls can play. I'm not saying your girls can't but give credit where credit is due. maybe ya"ll will match up on Friday.

[/color]Go Lady Pioneers

Good Luck Lady Bulldogs.

Go Panthers!!

Sorry, I was just trying to point out that the girls from the UC can play. I'm from Livingston & I have only watched Stone a few times....couldn't remember all names. No disrespect to any girls. We are in the same district as Upperman so I have seen my share. Stone is loaded with talent.....I witnessed that. Whoever win this game will be fine with me....they are both from the UC. Good luck from Hogeye.

have you heard about Milan they have Chantel Poston (senior) Miss Basketall nominee and a Purdue signee. along with Gray and Glenn. Those girls can play. I'm not saying your girls can't but give credit where credit is due. maybe ya"ll will match up on Friday.

[/color]Go Lady Pioneers

Good Luck Lady Bulldogs.

You just quoted one part of my post.....did you read the whole thing? I was replying to GCPioneer when he said "I don't see Upperman or Stone Mem. having the athleticism to compete with Milan." I wanted him to know the other Miss basketball nominee left in the tourney was from Middle TN & was on Upperman. Yes, I heard of Milan & there is plenty of respect for Milan on here. I'm from LA .... I'm letting GCPioneer know the teams from Upper Cumberland have plenty of athleticism. Good luck to everyone. Look out next year cause LA will make it to State. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No apology needed. I wasn't really trying to single out your quote, I just have been on the boards all afternoon and didn't see Lindsay or Brittany's name anywhere in any of them. I think it is great that the folks from the UC are sticking together.

Go Panthers!!

Sorry, I was just trying to point out that the girls from the UC can play. I'm from Livingston & I have only watched Stone a few times....couldn't remember all names. No disrespect to any girls. We are in the same district as Upperman so I have seen my share. Stone is loaded with talent.....I witnessed that. Whoever win this game will be fine with me....they are both from the UC. Good luck from Hogeye.