Milan can't get a call!

tvols75

How many block shoots did Marshall Co. have in the game. Sounded like quit a bit just in the 4th

qt. Milan couldn't get off a 3 point shot.

If a blocked shot means sandwiching Gray between two defenders than they had alot! it was horrible, milan couldnt buy a call... As for the Refs playing for either team, they def had their blue on for this game!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Defense wins basketball games, there is no doubt. Yesterday during the championship game there were some calls that were iffy on both ends of the court. In a game with this much at stake ( ahampionship), play was physical but on both ends. The refrees didn't have a stake in the game, I doubt they even knew who Marshall County was. Please don't blame the game on the ref's, that's not the truth. The truth is that Marshall County played better defense and while Chantal Polston and Shaniqua Gray are great players, when you do a good job of denying them the ball, and not letting them get the shots that they prefer, Milan lost a lot of scoring power and they began to get a little frustrated. Milans biggest mistake was underestimating Marshall County's starting five. They only concentrated on March and therefore, Simmons had a field day under the basket. She has consistently been a great defensive player but she is known for her "trash baskets". All in all, Marshall County flat out outplayed Milan in the Fourth Quarter. In basketball, its all about the best team on that night. However, having battled Gibson County, McMinn County and then Milan - all superior teams and coming out on top - its a given that Marshall County was the best team this year in AA Basketball. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Milan was the second best team on the floor last night... but only to the refs... One question, did yall have to pay shipping or did the refs deliver that gold ball for free?

Its always the ref's fault when a team loses. It's really amazing, please give Marshall County credit for playing a heck of a game last night. As far as shipping the gold ball? The ref's were polishing it for us at the beginning of the 4th quarter so that it would be nice and shiny when we picked it up after the game. Stop whining, game over, season over, no gold ball, hope to see you next year, we'll leave the lights on for you!!! IT is What IT is!!!! Marshall County Tigerettes are the 2008 AA Champions.

Milan was the second best team on the floor last night... but only to the refs... One question, did yall have to pay shipping or did the refs deliver that gold ball for free?

Congrats to Marshall Co. You just simply outplayed Milan. Calls went bad both ways but did not determine the outcome of the game. The team that wanted more got it...

Come on. You are a better person than this. Losing stinks. I hate losing more than anyone on this board. I promise you that.

I was not at the game, I wanted to be, but had a sick kid and my wife had to work. So I watched it on the tube.

My oldest and I (she attends Upperman) were pulling for Milan all the way. She even referred to Milan as WE during the game. "We need this basket" "We need to box out better" "We can't buy a basket"

I was heartbroke for ya. BUT, it is done. And I think it does an injustice to your kids, and the kids on the other team that played just as hard as your kids did.

BOTH TEAMS WANTED THAT GAME VERY BAD!!! They fought hard, and there is nothing for Milan To feel bad about. They had a great tourney run, and they deserve a TON of praise.

Being a WINNER has nothing to do with what is on the scoreboard, it is what is in your heart. If you give everything you have, for every second, of every minute, of every game, then you are surely a winner. No matter what the scoreboard says.

I would never ask anyone to ACCEPT losing, just to do it with grace. And I ask expect teams to win with grace also.

Come on. You are a better person than this. Losing stinks. I hate losing more than anyone on this board. I promise you that.

I was not at the game, I wanted to be, but had a sick kid and my wife had to work. So I watched it on the tube.

My oldest and I (she attends Upperman) were pulling for Milan all the way. She even referred to Milan as WE during the game. "We need this basket" "We need to box out better" "We can't buy a basket"

I was heartbroke for ya. BUT, it is done. And I think it does an injustice to your kids, and the kids on the other team that played just as hard as your kids did.

BOTH TEAMS WANTED THAT GAME VERY BAD!!! They fought hard, and there is nothing for Milan To feel bad about. They had a great tourney run, and they deserve a TON of praise.

Being a WINNER has nothing to do with what is on the scoreboard, it is what is in your heart. If you give everything you have, for every second, of every minute, of every game, then you are surely a winner. No matter what the scoreboard says.

I would never ask anyone to ACCEPT losing, just to do it with grace. And I ask expect teams to win with grace also.

Its hard to lose with grace when your team didnt deserve to lose... If they call fouls inside on MC its a whole new ball game... For those of you that have not watched Milan play all year long, they dont miss inside shot often(especially Poston and Gray and most of the time Glen). Call those fouls and Milan wins by 10 no doubt

I guarantee, you watch the second half from where i was sitting(Right behind the goal milan was shooting at) and you would have the same thing to say as me... I saw Milans girls getting pummelled and all kinds of other missed calls that would have created turnovers... Plus whats up with them calling a foul on Poston or Glen everytime they battle for position, the girls from MC were just as bad if not worse