Memphis Manassas -VS- Jackson County

Legend

Ha, Have you seen JC play? prolly not. Have i seen Manassas play? no. Yall are understimatin teams that might surprise you in this tournament. Manassas is easily the favorite, only because of thier record and JC's record. Let's put it this way so you may understand easier. Say JC had a record of 33 and 5, and Manassa's record was 18 and 16. Who would you pick to win then? Records do not matter in the tournament. All the final 8 teams have to be good in order for them to have made it this far. Dont count your chickens before they hatch buddy. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I've seen JC play 3 times---2 times they lost. I've watched Manasas 2 times. I've already congratulated JC on getting there, no matter what happens they surprised alot of people..including me. But Manasas will beat them by as much as they want to. Manasas and UC will end up the final..they might score a combined 200 points. Stay and watch, it will be a good experience for you to see. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen JC play 3 times---2 times they lost. I've watched Manasas 2 times. I've already congratulated JC on getting there, no matter what happens they surprised alot of people..including me. But Manasas will beat them by as much as they want to. Manasas and UC will end up the final..they might score a combined 200 points. Stay and watch, it will be a good experience for you to see. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So what the final score gonna be then? Manassas 200 points or what? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I saw UC play twice the 1st game at LC the coach blew the game. UC has other guys who can make shots, but everybody in that GYM knew MJ Brown was going to take that shot. Thats like playing the Lakers up 1 at the end and letting Kobe get the ball with no pressure on him. lol!!!

2nd time LC gave them that game at Dresden in the tourney UC had the winning score but LC gave it to them. 6 missed freethrows (most by Avery) and 4 open layups missed all in the 4th quarter at the end of the game. UC won by what 6 points. I guess UC played bad that night also.

Now you say LC is #4 and Humboldt beat them twice by double figures. LC has really 1 player you really have to worry about #24. If you think different than you dont no Memphis ball. Where a 6'10" kid Arnette Moultre who already signed with UTEP aint a top 7 player right now.

The Manassas team you saw was a team that knew they were going to win and were tired of playing cup cakes. You were 1 of the people saying Manassas -VS- Humboldt would be close and that Humboldt could beat them. Oh Boy! you were dead wrong. I have seen UC 2 time I like to see a team 3 times before I really make up my mind about them. 10:30 -vs- Temple I will no UC very well even if the yblow out Temple I will see what im looking for.

UC has flaws thats why they play the style they play. Some teams are dumb for running with them the entire game. Running with them the entire game is what gives them a chance to win. They dont rebound well enough so running with them gives them the posessions they need being small. MJ will have to work harder than he has had to work all year.

Last the only way UC can beat Manassas is if Manassas beat them self. If Manassas turn the ball over (average only 7 TO per game) get out rebounded or miss ther layups and freethrows. thats the only was UC can win that game. I bet my money on Manassas.

Well your right!! I did say Humboldt would play Manassas close, and BOY I WAS WRONG! Like i said ive been wrong before..It want be the first time and it darn sure wont be the last! Lake Co. didnt give Union City nothing..They took it from them! Yeah i do agree the coach for LC blew the first game, and yeah everybody in the building knew MJ would get the ball at the end..But the bottom line is they won the game period. And ill go along with Manassas playing bad because of the cupcakes they been playing..I know Manassas is better than that but they wasnt on that night! And Union City dosent have to run a team down to beat them..Look at Harrison Ga. 6'7 6'8 6'6 6'4 and 6'3 starting 5..UC played a half court game with those big guys and WON! 64 59 i think..Not high scoring is it Legend? And yeah UC has some flaws and they can get beat, but so can Manassas and you know it..Manassas will have to get UC in a half court game to stand a chance but thats easier said than done Legend..UC out rebounded Lake Co. and Humboldt every time they played them and they are much taller and you know that..Harrison Ga got out rebounded, Mills Ark got out rebounded..And you say UC can't rebound..Well you keep thinking that Legend..You can bet that Buckner will have a body on him every where he goes..And you say MJ will have to work hard? Your lil point guard will have more heat on him than he can stand..He will be forced to make good decisions the whole game..And that number 30..He will have to shoot that trey ball with a hand in his face all game long...Manassas will have to run with UC because they will push the ball down the floor and right at Manassas..They will not have a choice in the matter, you will run or get left behind.And MJ is used to working hard every game..Manassas wont throw nothing at him he hasnt seen all year long..Let me ask you this..Who is gonna make the other 9 players work hard?? All 10 of them can shoot the ball pretty well and Manassas cant guard them all..MJ will find the open man Legend you can believe that! And bet this..Manassas don't have a single player to shut MJ down, so if they do it..It will be by triple team and he will still find his man..And i told you before..Humboldt went in Manassas scared to death for some reason..They couldnt throw it in the ocean..We will be on a netural floor..NOT MANASSAS FLOOR!..I heard that Manassas was only up by 2 at halftime..Is that true Legend?? Honestly i don't know..And i heard they come out cold as ice in the 3rd and couldnt beg one to go for them..Im just wandering. Hey Legend we can go on and on about UC and Manassas, and im not gonna change your mind, and your not gonna change mine..I still say UC will win the whole thang no matter what you say..Bring on that 1 2 2 trap..Bring on the press and bring on the man to man..Whatever Manassas has got bring it...Hey like i said..If Manassas beats UC if they play..They have got mad props from me already..They will deserve it for sure. But believe when i say..They will have to earn it..We aint Humboldt.

I will stay to watch DC play CPA it could be the game of the tournament. I will be sleep in the stands when Manassas play JC we all no how that 1 will end.

JC aint even David I dont give them that must respect. more like Davids little sister. she could not beat the big guy lol!!!!

Legend you are something else!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But i must say that was funny right there i don't care who ya are!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Rest well during the JC game my trash talking buddy! Legend i like you man because you just keep it real! I can't knock ya 4 that...But that sleep joke..Im still laughing on that one!

Well your right!! I did say Humboldt would play Manassas close, and BOY I WAS WRONG! Like i said ive been wrong before..It want be the first time and it darn sure wont be the last! Lake Co. didnt give Union City nothing..They took it from them! Yeah i do agree the coach for LC blew the first game, and yeah everybody in the building knew MJ would get the ball at the end..But the bottom line is they won the game period. And ill go along with Manassas playing bad because of the cupcakes they been playing..I know Manassas is better than that but they wasnt on that night! And Union City dosent have to run a team down to beat them..Look at Harrison Ga. 6'7 6'8 6'6 6'4 and 6'3 starting 5..UC played a half court game with those big guys and WON! 64 59 i think..Not high scoring is it Legend? And yeah UC has some flaws and they can get beat, but so can Manassas and you know it..Manassas will have to get UC in a half court game to stand a chance but thats easier said than done Legend..UC out rebounded Lake Co. and Humboldt every time they played them and they are much taller and you know that..Harrison Ga got out rebounded, Mills Ark got out rebounded..And you say UC can't rebound..Well you keep thinking that Legend..You can bet that Buckner will have a body on him every where he goes..And you say MJ will have to work hard? Your lil point guard will have more heat on him than he can stand..He will be forced to make good decisions the whole game..And that number 30..He will have to shoot that trey ball with a hand in his face all game long...Manassas will have to run with UC because they will push the ball down the floor and right at Manassas..They will not have a choice in the matter, you will run or get left behind.And MJ is used to working hard every game..Manassas wont throw nothing at him he hasnt seen all year long..Let me ask you this..Who is gonna make the other 9 players work hard?? All 10 of them can shoot the ball pretty well and Manassas cant guard them all..MJ will find the open man Legend you can believe that! And bet this..Manassas don't have a single player to shut MJ down, so if they do it..It will be by triple team and he will still find his man..And i told you before..Humboldt went in Manassas scared to death for some reason..They couldnt throw it in the ocean..We will be on a netural floor..NOT MANASSAS FLOOR!..I heard that Manassas was only up by 2 at halftime..Is that true Legend?? Honestly i don't know..And i heard they come out cold as ice in the 3rd and couldnt beg one to go for them..Im just wandering. Hey Legend we can go on and on about UC and Manassas, and im not gonna change your mind, and your not gonna change mine..I still say UC will win the whole thang no matter what you say..Bring on that 1 2 2 trap..Bring on the press and bring on the man to man..Whatever Manassas has got bring it...Hey like i said..If Manassas beats UC if they play..They have got mad props from me already..They will deserve it for sure. But believe when i say..They will have to earn it..We aint Humboldt.

Humbolt wasn't scared at all..Manassas was better..that simple. Manassas would beat Humbolt 10 out of 10. This ain't rocket science. I think Manassas was up 12 at the half....double that after the 4th and it's a 24 point win...Manassa was up by 30+ according to legend in the 3rd...and won by 17. The reason all the UC people were so of the mark is simply because they never saw Manassas play. Anybody that actually saw Manassas would have know Humbolt was simply not in the same league as Manassas.

In the words of my sportsradio buddy back home, MadDog Demarco

Let me tell you this my friends, JC could win this game. They really could. I mean yeah, no, I believe that I really do. I mean sure Manassas is bigger, and stronger, and they fill the bucket like a farmer with a garden hose, but that aint no dagger to the pharinx. Im not just pushing baby buggies here, I mean JC is coming into this game PUMPED UP, this is going to be a rumble, CAGE MATCH STYLE, my friends. The way I see, yeah, I mean, sure, Manassas could just manhandle JC, but you know if they do that then they surely will win, but as I have always said, If Wayne Gretzky can be traded then anything BUT ANYTHING, can happen. And it usually does. But I aint exactly driving the bus to vatican city, I mean, I have been wrong before, but you can carve this one in your head with barbed wire, one of these teams is going to step up and win this game. I mean that, I really do.

Have been listening to him on the internets this morning. Somedays he makes my ears bleed!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

(this thread needs to lighten up just a bit.)

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHEN THE GRABAGE TRUCK IS COMEIN? SO THEY CAN PICK UP ALL THIS TRASH!

Wed afternoon around 5:30 GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course they will need one garbage truck just for legend. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Manassas wont have to get UC in a halfcourt game o beat them. Manassas just have to play smart. Pick and chose your running carefully.

1st I didnt say UC could not rebound. I said teams give them a chance by running with them. The more you run the more possession will come. Manassas is a better rebounding team then UC. Manassas will run with them but they will be smart about it. Manassas wont get stink in to there style even though Manassas style is similar.

That hand you said will be in #30 face UC will need that extra hand to help triple team Buckner, so it wont be in #30's face cause he will have to help out on Buckner. (pick your poison) Mitchell tried to put a hand in his face. He went off for 34pts that night 9 3balls lol!!!! accident waiting to happen.

Manassas was up 12 points at the half -VS- Humboldt. Manassas stalled the ball in the 4th quarter.

Teams Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final

Humboldt 14 16 7 20 57

Manassas 19 23 25 8 75

MJ ain't use to working hard the 2 games I was at. MJ is a good player but most of his shots were open looks. That really frustrated me. How can a team give him open looks. LC acted like there were afraid of him. Manassas players dont no. they will play him hard like every other star they have play and shut down. A 6'6" 215lbs shooting guard Terico White Ole Miss signed & leading scorer in Memphis & Tennessee 3A Mr. Basketball Finalist. Terico was held to 12 points -vs- Manassas Jammie Chairs Middleton held to 10 points twice this season. Jason Jones Ridgeway 11 points -vs- Manassas. Leis McCaster big man for Mitchell was held to 4 points with #30 guarding him when Buckner didnt play -VS- Mitchell. Steve Kerr Millington, TN average 24pts per game Held to ZERO -VS- MANASSAS. I could go on and on. Nobody wants to credit the Manassas defense but the Coaches do a great job of defensive scheming.

Manassas is deeper than UC who will make the other 10 of the bench work for Manassas. When I saw UC play close games UC only played 8 man rotation -VS- LC. Manassas always play at least 12.