Memphis Manassas -VS- Jackson County

Legend

I've always been quite partial to mace /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> JK /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> stun works pretty good except when you forget to deactivate it and put back in your pocket hot..trust me after you get up off the floor you will only do that once hahhalol I really went to put it in the holster and had against this belly of mine and bam! the floor i went, two hole marks burned in my gut hahhah lol It wasn't funny then but it is now...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> stun works pretty good except when you forget to deactivate it and put back in your pocket hot..trust me after you get up off the floor you will only do that once hahhalol I really went to put it in the holster and had against this belly of mine and bam! the floor i went, two hole marks burned in my gut hahhah lol It wasn't funny then but it is now...

Funniest thing I've read all day!!! Haaaa!!!haaaaaa!!!!!! There would be many "stunned" people if I owned one....probably why I don't. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

*******WARNING*******WARNING*******WARNING*******WARNING

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY TICKED OFF!!!

I have seen enough racist comments on this board in the last 5 days that I am about to give this place up forever. I do not care if your player is black, white, brown or purple with yellow polkadots.

1) is your kid a good kid

2) can your kid play ball

3) Does your kid keep his/her grades up

4) is your kid staying out of trouble

5) most importantly, does your kid treat other with respect

Those are the things that matter in this game. 5 freaking days of "not athletic enough" "monkey", "slow white kids", and on and on. It is coming from both sides, but I can tell you that one side is shoveling the BULL faster than the other. It is a bunch of CRAP.

Some of you people need to STFU, or quit posting.

The moderators on this board need to start moderating. And coacht needs to decide what the purpose of this place really is.

I love a little trash talk now and then. When I played football I was always talking to the fella across from me. Talked all game. But I was always respectful in the way I did it. And it was always between me and him. Never about his mom. Never about his sister. Never about his school, or his coach, or his aunt betty lou, or whatever.

Im not saying to not be proud of your kids. Im not saying that you cant throw an assinine prediction out there. And Im not saying that you cant celebrate/whine after a game. But be respectful people.

criminy sakes.

*******WARNING*******WARNING*******WARNING*******

oh my goodness, I am laughing so hard that my eyes are watering!!!

thanks for the morning laugh!!! Much appreciated!

I understand i've been known to talk some smack myself and its all in good fun. I'm the asst coach for the boys and believe you me we know how good you guys are! We have a fan or two that can get out of hand "midten" and while i know they are a high school student that is about all i know. We try to reign them in but sometimes they go over the top. We've watched some film on you guys and i like the way they play. Haven't seen UC play but talked to their coach and he seems like a really good guy and from all that i know a very good coach. They too are great team and i'm looking foward to watching them and Temple play. Didn't get to meet the coach from Manassas as he was attending a funeral i believe but we are looking forward to meeting them and the challenge at hand. Good luck to ya'll and have a safe trip to and from the tourney.

I played for Manassas and went to the state in 1972. I respect what you say but the bottom line is Manassas may be the favorite but they have to go out and play the game. If JC comes to play and Manassas over looks them then JC will be moving on. Manassas doesn??™t over look teams they play hard and are very deep. This is tournament time and anything can happen. The Coach from Manassas has been here before as a player in 1983. He knows what it will take to win. I hope to see a good game. It??™s been 23 years since Manassas has been to the state also. The Manassas people will be there and I will be there on Wednesday. Good luck to both teams

Ok, as for the actual GAME:

This is obviously the worst possible draw that JC could have pulled. They have a bunch of great kids, but great kids dont always win ballgames.

I think the fight and the fire in JC can keep them in this game through the 3rd quarter. They will have to play a near perfect game, and they will have to have one heck of a game plan for that to work out. But they are a talented bunch, and I have seen much stranger things happen.

If they can keep it close through the 3rd, and then get some good breaks, that is their chance. Tough bunch to have to play right out of the chute.

Good luck to JC. And I hope the best to both teams and their fans traveling to and from the games.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I played for Manassas and went to the state in 1972. I respect what you say but the bottom line is Manassas may be the favorite but they have to go out and play the game. If JC comes to play and Manassas over looks them then JC will be moving on. Manassas doesn??™t over look teams they play hard and are very deep. This is tournament time and anything can happen. The Coach from Manassas has been here before as a player in 1983. He knows what it will take to win. I hope to see a good game. It??™s been 23 years since Manassas has been to the state also. The Manassas people will be there and I will be there on Wednesday. Good luck to both teams

If you get a chance before of after the game come by and say hi would like to meet you. Was Manassas always Class A or have they been larger? For some reason i thought they had been there since 83' i didn't realize that it had been that long. There are always some great teams down there and those of us that know basketball realize that its very hard to get out of that area due to the great competition year in and year out.

excellent post. (I knew it was just a matter of time before we got this one out of you) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There have been plenty of teams that look better on paper, and have went in and lost to someone that they shouldnt. That is why we play the games.

The first State Championship game I ever attended was 1977 Michigan Class A Final (Class A in MI is the largest class...A B C and D)

The game featured a Lansing Everett team with a fella named Earvin playing Point Forward!! Everett was supposed to win that game by 25+. While I dont think they went in OVERLOOKING anyone, I think the media/fans just underestimated how good of a team Birmingham Brother Rice was actually bringing to the game that day.

Kevin Smith from Brother Rice hit a near half court shot to take it to OT, and Everett pulled it out after that. But on paper, that game should have never been played. In the gym, it was one of the greatest games I have ever seen. And I have seen some great ones.

edit: for those who do not know, including the fella that just emailed me, Earvin was the first McDonalds All-American that Everett HS ever had. He won the State Championship, went on to win the 79 NCAA championship, and then the 1980 NBA championship while playing "point center" for an injured KAJabbar.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thanks stang.

Yankee, apology accepted. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Monkey on back reference ..I meant the burden is on Manassas.Did not intend for it be interperted as a racial remark. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

thanks stang.

Yankee, apology accepted.

Monkey on back reference ..I meant the burden is on Manassas.Did not intend for it be interperted as a racial remark. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

oops, sorry, it was not YOUR comment that got me. Yours was fine!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Devilfish!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That is just plain funny right there. I dont care who you are.

I GUESS U BOYS DOWN THEIR AINT TO EDUCATED CUZ ITS 2008 NOT 2007. ACTUALLY U SHOULD BE THE ONE GETTIN KICKED OFF CUZ UR DOWNIN TEAMS U DONT KNOW NUTHIN BOUT U LOOK AT OUR RECORD AND THINK O BOY THIS TEAM IS 18-16 WE CAN PUT A HURTIN ON THEM BUT HEY THAT IS WAT MICHIGAIN SAID ABOUT APP. STATE AND LOOK WAT HAPPENED TO THEM SO KEEP ON RUNNIN UR TRAP AND WHEN JC BEATS YA DONT GET ON HERE AND START CRYIN BOUT

I don't think anyone who writes like this should be talking about anyone else's "education". Most educated people know when to use 'their' and 'there'. Most educated people can correctly spell state names. Most educated people can correctly use various forms of punctuation. Please don't embarass the people of Jackson County by acting so uneducated. Good luck Blue Devils!

I can't tell if yall are tryin to down the jackson county boys. Yes, Manasses is a good team. Yes, they are bigger. But shouldnt you atleast give JC the award for makin it this far. Manasses is good I think we get it by now. JC must be decent to have made it this far. Do not count them out. I am pullin for them against all the odds. I wish both teams the best of luck, but hopefully more for JC. Go Devils.