Ms. Basketball Class A 2009!

jamieroper

It is time for another upper cumberland girl to get recognition for Ms. Basketball 2009 that would be

Monterey's Molly Heady. Has already been tearing up her league and now will take control as a Juniior. Dont know if she can make watertown win, but when has playing for a winning team had anything to do with Ms. Basketball.

Molly Heady.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is time for another upper cumberland girl to get recognition for Ms. Basketball 2009 that would be

Monterey's Molly Heady. Has already been tearing up her league and now will take control as a Juniior. Dont know if she can make watertown win, but when has playing for a winning team had anything to do with Ms. Basketball.

Molly Heady.

i agree ! if not ms basketball she should have at least had a share of the 7 a district mvp. to lead in scoring and rebounds like she has .. against great teams like c range and j county or 7 a as a whole for that matter .molly is a real hard worker and a great kid ..she will help monterey go father im sure ..she has a great team around her and they all are hungry . next two years should be exciting

i agree ! if not ms basketball she should have at least had a share of the 7 a district mvp. to lead in scoring and rebounds like she has .. against great teams like c range and j county or 7 a as a whole for that matter .molly is a real hard worker and a great kid ..she will help monterey go father im sure ..she has a great team around her and they all are hungry . next two years should be exciting

Molly Heady does work hard and I haven't seen many teams capable of shutting her down. If only she had a stronger team surrounding her. Hard to get any recognition when you are having to do all the work. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

LEONARD WILL BE THE GO TO GIRL NEXT YEAR AND WATCH HER NUMBERS ESCULATE IN POINTS, STEALS AND REBOUNDS AND JC WILL BE COMPETIVE EVEN WITH LOSING ALL THOSE SENIORS, SO DON'T COUNT LEONARD OUT AND THE LADY BUFFALOES HAVE TWO OR THREE GIRLS THAT WILL BE IN THE HUNT ALSO FOR THAT HONOR

LEONARD WILL BE THE GO TO GIRL NEXT YEAR AND WATCH HER NUMBERS ESCULATE IN POINTS, STEALS AND REBOUNDS AND JC WILL BE COMPETIVE EVEN WITH LOSING ALL THOSE SENIORS, SO DON'T COUNT LEONARD OUT AND THE LADY BUFFALOES HAVE TWO OR THREE GIRLS THAT WILL BE IN THE HUNT ALSO FOR THAT HONOR

I think it is pretty cool that we have these elite players in our District. Molly, Laken, Tasha, and Kelly are all super players. Each one of them are deserving of anything they get. I read a pretty neat quote from Coach Brown when he said he told Laken to shoot that free throw like she was shooting with her Mom. The neat thing was she was shooting after practice with her Mom. I know that Molly spends a lot of time after practice in the gym with her dad because I have seen them in their shooting. I'm sure Tasha and Kelly do the same things. I also think these girls root for one another. I would like to see all of them on one team because their would be a WOW factor. You get back what you put in and it is obvious these girls put a lot in.

Danielle Proudfit is a Senior this year and headed to play at Martin Methodist...What's sad for Danielle is that she's Bradford's best player and didn't even get elected to all-tournament at the state tournaments...

Molly Wallsmith is very good and very quick...If she can get keep the help that she did this year with Brianna Tubbs (only a Junior this year) and get some help coming up from the Jr. High they could be back at the state tournaments...Coach Paschall has got that program back in the right direction and kudos to him for that!

I have seen more than a few deserving players left off all-whatever teams over the years.

Glad she is coming to Pulaski to play for Martin Meth. We have a Richland senior, Ms. Bell, i hear also signed with Martin. It will be fun watching them. When Ms. Proudfit comes here, if she is looking for a church to attend, give me a yell. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kayle Christopher is the first name that comes to mind for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to add Jasmine Duke of Richland to the list of players to watch!!!!!!!!!!

Who else should be on the list based of past performance?????

Who could be some surprise dark horses?????

Some believe that from past results that the voters do not take into account just the year they are voting on. So who will be in the running for 2009???????????

ok jasmine duke is not as great as you make her out to be roper...Yeah shes big and shes got a good shot but only from the elbow down. shes not that great on defense and in order to be miss basketball you need versatility. Duke doesnt have that. Maybe when she gets a wider shot range than the elbow and right under the goal shell be a candidate. Look at abby andrews. she plays a guard but she can show anybody up underneath as well, and she plays tough D..thats a good candidate and thats why she won it this year..

ok jasmine duke is not as great as you make her out to be roper...Yeah shes big and shes got a good shot but only from the elbow down. shes not that great on defense and in order to be miss basketball you need versatility. Duke doesnt have that. Maybe when she gets a wider shot range than the elbow and right under the goal shell be a candidate. Look at abby andrews. she plays a guard but she can show anybody up underneath as well, and she plays tough D..thats a good candidate and thats why she won it this year..

First, thank you for being a butthole and trying to cut down a tennager. I never said Duke could outplay you so show some class if you have any.

I only said that she was a good player and should be given consideration. Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I choose to brag about a nice young lady. I would really hate to build her self esteem by bragging and encouraging her! Kids need allot less of that as we all know! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Second, Duke has had stars and good role players around her for the last 3 years. Remember Bell and Glidden from this year's team? Both going to college on basketball rides. Duke will be the go too person next year and will be the highlight of the offense and a force on defense. The last 2 years she did not have to be. Even with Glidden scoring 35 in the semi's of region Duke did enough to make the all region team. And believe me, if you have seen Richland play, she was at best the third option on offense this year and the year before she was the 4th or 5th option.

So as someone said about Ms. Leonard eariler, Duke will also be the goto person for Richland this next year. We will get to see what she has really got.

Hopefully Richland will get a coach that will push her hard.

Lastly, Congrats to Ms. Andrews on her hard work, dedication, and the awards she has received. She was very deserving. I pulled for her for the Ms. Basketball award since she made the final 3 last year. Check my posts about her. That being said, the best overall player in Region 6 this year was Rachel Glidden from Richland. You know, one of those who played with Ms. Duke this year and is signed to play D1 ball next year in college. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />