Adidas Classic @ Oak Ridge

bilbob

Tommorrow starts the Adidas Classic at Oak Ridge and surrounding schools. Who are the top teams in the tournament and what are the games to watch.

I know that Cookeville, Oak Ridge, Karns, Powell, Catholic, Anderson County, Webb, South Doyle, and Knox West are a couple teams in it. Does anyone else know the others or if there are anymore, and what are the best games and who is going to win it?

Thanks and good luck to all teams!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommorrow starts the Adidas Classic at Oak Ridge and surrounding schools. Who are the top teams in the tournament and what are the games to watch.

I know that Cookeville, Oak Ridge, Karns, Powell, Catholic, Anderson County, Webb, South Doyle, and Knox West are a couple teams in it. Does anyone else know the others or if there are anymore, and what are the best games and who is going to win it?

Thanks and good luck to all teams!

I believe Catholic will be the team to beat in this one.. Theirs a few good teams but I think overall the irish will be the team to beat!!

Souyh Doyle won, but threw Kirkland their #1 pitcher, OR threw their #5 pitcher. OR will not throw their top 4 pitchers in tournament games but will give younger kids the experience for future years. The coaches number 1 goal is to win the District, but they want to be competitive in other games.

Souyh Doyle won, but threw Kirkland their #1 pitcher, OR threw their #5 pitcher. OR will not throw their top 4 pitchers in tournament games but will give younger kids the experience for future years. The coaches number 1 goal is to win the District, but they want to be competitive in other games.

i understand not wanting to use top pitchers and save them for a district game but this tournament started on a thursday and is over on saturday. if the number one guy starts thursday, even if they have a district game on monday, thats three days rest. i agree thats not really enough rest for a complete game, so why not start at least your three guy or maybe even your two guy and let your number one rest for your monday district game. you say they want to be competitive in their other games, how can you do that if you are saving your top four guys for district. its very hard to compete with nothing better than your five guy on the mound unless your a really really good hitting team. last time i checked, there arent many teams that can hit good enough to stay in games with good teams with only there five guy throwing.