THE LAST 15 SECONDS

BigOrangeFan

Shot looks like a three to me also. But hay being from BTW, I'm glad someone else other than us have problems with Dyer County. For the last two season we have went to DC and had "issues" at the end. I think that there are alway issues when playing them, however just like us we allowed DC to get close at the end and they took advantage of the situations. When it is all said and done they make the shots. I know it is hard to look in the mirror and say its our fault cause it should not have got to that point. Last year we where up 11 late in the ball game and allowed them to get close. This year we where up 7 and allowed them to get close.

So the point of the matter is DONT LET THEM GET CLOSE AT THE END!! THEY WILL GET HELP AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY WILL MAKE THE SHOTS UNDER PRESSURE. That is why I think they will make it to the finals. I think Mitchell will beat them in the Finals and another great game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One point I want to drive home on the CPA/DC Game, and I hope we can look forward to Fulton.

For those saying that "Dyer County stole the game"... All Dyer County did was show up, and not give up.

If the timekeeper (TSSAA provided) and the refs (TSSAA Provided) missed a call, or goofed.. throw your anger towards TSSAA, not Dyer County.

As many have pointed out.. if CPA had hit the many free throws they had chances to take, the last 15 seconds wouldn't have mattered.

TSSAA, you might have dropped the ball... but DC's not going to let it cast a shadow over this weekend.. however it may end.

best basketball game ive ever seen in person and all you can do is applaud both teams for tha effort...i had to beg my high school coach to let our team stay up there and watch tha second half of tha game and obviously it was worth it but i do agree that calls had been goin cpa's way all game but in the last 13.9 a total reverse with the clock not startin as they took it up even tho they let it roll to half court then tha addition of 3.1 seconds...tip your hat to both teams..

Wow when the ball left his hand the game had run 32 minutes 3.25 seconds long. Sorry, that shot should not have counted. I saw the video relay three times today and there is no way that his shot was near the line, it was a two. It shouldnt have even come down to that, the game shouldve been over at least 3.25 seconds earlier.

UH......... you would be correct. The game should have been over when the CPA officials started taking DC out of the game beginning in the 2nd. Are you guys gonna come cheer for us or what? hehehe!!!!!!!!!

best basketball game ive ever seen in person and all you can do is applaud both teams for tha effort...i had to beg my high school coach to let our team stay up there and watch tha second half of tha game and obviously it was worth it but i do agree that calls had been goin cpa's way all game but in the last 13.9 a total reverse with the clock not startin as they took it up even tho they let it roll to half court then tha addition of 3.1 seconds...tip your hat to both teams..

Where are you guys from?

I'd like to say that I think both teams are great teams. Probably the best 2 teams in the state for their division (unlucky draw for both).

However, I watched the official TSSAA video about 4 times today looking only at the last 15 seconds. When our player got fouled at the end of the game, time should have actually expired right before he was fouled. We took a stop watch and timed it correctly. The clock keeper started the clock late twice, and he added on time. The three point shot at the end looked like a 3 to me, however if you watch the film the ref closest to the shot (about 5 ft. away-great view) called the shot a 2! The ref further away called it a 3, but it was not his call to make. The clock keeper immediately put up 3 points when the shot was made, and the refs never came together to make a final decision. They just ran off the court, but this shot should have NEVER taken place. Anybody that has the last 15 seconds on tape, carefully time it yourself and see who the real winner is. Congratulations to CPA on the win, and to the chacktaw's coach for somehow getting the clock keeper to add more time.

From what I can see all the media and CoachT state the following:

"Buzzer-beater lifts Dyer County into Class AA semifinals"

Seems pretty simple to me................Dyer County moves on to the semifinals. Doesn't mention anything about a CPA win or moving on. Beatin' a dead horse here I think. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Shot looks like a three to me also. But hay being from BTW, I'm glad someone else other than us have problems with Dyer County. For the last two season we have went to DC and had "issues" at the end. I think that there are alway issues when playing them, however just like us we allowed DC to get close at the end and they took advantage of the situations. When it is all said and done they make the shots. I know it is hard to look in the mirror and say its our fault cause it should not have got to that point. Last year we where up 11 late in the ball game and allowed them to get close. This year we where up 7 and allowed them to get close.

So the point of the matter is DONT LET THEM GET CLOSE AT THE END!! THEY WILL GET HELP AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY WILL MAKE THE SHOTS UNDER PRESSURE. That is why I think they will make it to the finals. I think Mitchell will beat them in the Finals and another great game.

The problem isn't DC, it is the COACH making bonehead decisions down the stretch. He always finds a way to lose. He has done it for about 40plus years. He is not doing what is best for those kids there. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The problem isn't DC, it is the COACH making bonehead decisions down the stretch. He always finds a way to lose. He has done it for about 40plus years. He is not doing what is best for those kids there. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I won't make comments on my colleagues on here but I will say this, it is very easy to Coach from the bleachers, you don't have to deal with the attitudes, the parents, or the former players. While keeping stats for the boys, I also have question some decisions but again it is easy for me, I know that others have question some of the choices that was made on games that I was coaching.

As for DC, they listen to their coach and believe in the system they are running. They put themselves in a postion to win games at the end. Rather it is from help, coaching or whatever, they find a way to get stops and put the ball in the hole. Like I said after the BTW win, they are a worthy rep for West Tennessee so good luck. I will root for you until the Finals against Mitchell.

I'm very new to coacht so excuse my mistakes... The way some of you people are talking it seems like you are saying the refs gave DC the game..... Trust me if you were there you would know other wise...The hole game went toward CPA.... The clock with 7 second i agree was a mistake but maybe a 10th of a second mistake my friend Rex would have still gotten the shot off.

As for the DC boy they've got their eyes on a nice gold ball and they know they're on their way to get it.... These boys are determined to get what they want you can be sure of that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

One point I want to drive home on the CPA/DC Game, and I hope we can look forward to Fulton.

For those saying that "Dyer County stole the game"... All Dyer County did was show up, and not give up.

If the timekeeper (TSSAA provided) and the refs (TSSAA Provided) missed a call, or goofed.. throw your anger towards TSSAA, not Dyer County.

As many have pointed out.. if CPA had hit the many free throws they had chances to take, the last 15 seconds wouldn't have mattered.

TSSAA, you might have dropped the ball... but DC's not going to let it cast a shadow over this weekend.. however it may end.

Good post. I agree that CPA fans should not be mad at Dyer Co. It wasnt their fault. Any anger should be directed at the refs and at TSSAA. The last shot was amazing, 3 or 2. It just shouldnt have happened.