comando classic

walker66

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is cancelled due to rain. The "tournament organisers" are going to get back with the coaches this afternoon as to makeup games tomorrow.

As for communicating with the media, I know that the HHS folks were working HARD to get all fields ready to play. With 60 teams in the field, it is hard enough to get in touch with all the teams. I think you would have better luck in the future getting your updates through your coach.

Weave

Riverdale softball

Tournament organizers need to do a better job of communicating with the media. I drove all the way from Chapel Hill to Hendersonville yesterday, only to find out the Forrest game was cancelled when I got there. What is the word on today and when will the games be re-scheduled if they are cancelled.

I could be mistaken but I do believe that Chick and Andy and all of the parks people had a little bit more to do than call the "MEDIA of Chapel Hill" to inform them about the games. I am sure that this will never happen again and that you will now be put on the priority list of things to do for now! How stupid these people were for not contacting you! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am not just talking about the media in Chapel Hill wise guy. Just a note on this website would have been sufficent for all the media. The media coverage is also beneficial for your tournament.

Today is cancelled due to rain. The "tournament organisers" are going to get back with the coaches this afternoon as to makeup games tomorrow.As for communicating with the media, I know that the HHS folks were working HARD to get all fields ready to play. With 60 teams in the field, it is hard enough to get in touch with all the teams. I think you would have better luck in the future getting your updates through your coach.WeaveRiverdale softball

Thank you for the info weave, I will do that.

Tournament organizers need to do a better job of communicating with the media. I drove all the way from Chapel Hill to Hendersonville yesterday, only to find out the Forrest game was cancelled when I got there. What is the word on today and when will the games be re-scheduled if they are cancelled.

Reporting delays and cancellations is not just the responsibility of the tournament host. If anyone has knowledge about delays, they should get on the T and report it. As many fields that Hendersonville has, I'm sure they had every warm body working them trying to get them ready. Sometimes, you just have to wait till the rain is over to assess the damage. It's not an exact science and people do the best they can because these tournaments are fundraisers and nobody wants to lose money so they will try to do everything in their power to get the games in. That usually means fighting to get the fields ready until the last minute. My advice to you is if nobody has reported any delays or cancellations when there is an obvious rain front coming, CALL someone before you go. Tennessee weather is just too unpredictable.

Reporting delays and cancellations is not just the responsibility of the tournament host. If anyone has knowledge about delays, they should get on the T and report it. As many fields that Hendersonville has, I'm sure they had every warm body working them trying to get them ready. Sometimes, you just have to wait till the rain is over to assess the damage. It's not an exact science and people do the best they can because these tournaments are fundraisers and nobody wants to lose money so they will try to do everything in their power to get the games in. That usually means fighting to get the fields ready until the last minute. My advice to you is if nobody has reported any delays or cancellations when there is an obvious rain front coming, CALL someone before you go. Tennessee weather is just too unpredictable.

Thank you ERA. Sorry if I sounded too harsh, I know it is a big job getting all the fields ready. Will have an alternate plan next time.