Knox Halls

coachtinsider

starsandbars,

Yes I think you are right about the series with Smyrna. Bet I will bet a years worth of garbage pickup you will not schedule another series with anyone as far away as Smyrna. Riverdale, Brentwood Academy, MBA would all be quality opponents. Will it ever happen - heck no!

Why does Maryville keep playing Alcoa each year? Close travel, heck they could walk there and still win. ALMOST always a victory. Same with Blount and Heritage.

Yes, I think Halls will play Gibbs - same reason as Maryville playing Heritage, almost always a win and a good gate. Nothing better than Gibbs & Halls on a Thursday night. Don't look for Halls to play Bearden or Sevier Co. With them having to play 6A schools in the district, they will not chance playing more 6a schools and loosing a playoff bid. We will pad our W/L record with a pushover or two.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Maryville keep playing Alcoa each year? Close travel, heck they could walk there and still win. ALMOST always a victory. Same with Blount and Heritage.

"With ALMOST always a victory" every year as your odd logic.......................why would Maryville want to play anyone(60-0 last 4 years)??

The reason...................Community Rivals! The Maryville and Alcoa game is one of the oldest rival games in the state. 10,000 people attend that game year in and year out. Same with WB and Heritage, win or loss, the cross town game is important to the kids and fans.

You might be able to understand that...........IF your hate and ultimate desire to see Maryville get beat, was not at you for most agenda in ALL of your post.

What school that losses to Maryville do you pull for anyway?

Good point LMSFT...Next yeer on a Thursdee nite enstead ov watchin' Lewisvul and West Virginyuh...Eye'll go watch Hauls agin Barry and Robin and tha rest of tha Gibbs Bros....Wonder if Kinny Chesknee will sang at haftime???

They'd have to play that (imaginary halftime) ballgame at Neyland Stadium in order to compensate for the people just wantin to see kenny

By no means does the season hinge on the Maryville game, but it will sure set the tone for where the Red Devil program is and where's it's going.

It'll be nice to garner the upset before Maryville takes the leap to 5A.

I honestly believe the game on August 22nd will be very close and one of the best matchups in Knoxville all year.

I also expect a HUGE crowd for the game.

By no means does the season hinge on the Maryville game, but it will sure set the tone for where the Red Devil program is and where's it's going.

It'll be nice to garner the upset before Maryville takes the leap to 5A.

I honestly believe the game on August 22nd will be very close and one of the best matchups in Knoxville all year.

I also expect a HUGE crowd for the game.

What other match ups are there on August 22nd this year, anyone know? Does Halls still have SC week 1 and Central week2? If so, that's a fairly brutal first 3 weeks.

btgoG, how are things looking for the new field house? Any updates? How are things looking in the weight room right now? Can you fill us in on things, any transfers or surprises so far? Also, is this next week the beginning of the dead period? It seems about time for it.

What other match ups are there on August 22nd this year, anyone know? Does Halls still have SC week 1 and Central week2? If so, that's a fairly brutal first 3 weeks.

btgoG, how are things looking for the new field house? Any updates? How are things looking in the weight room right now? Can you fill us in on things, any transfers or surprises so far? Also, is this next week the beginning of the dead period? It seems about time for it.

These are the games involving Knoxville area teams on the 22nd according to the CoachT schedules.

Knox Central @ Cookeville

CAK @ Boyd Buchanan

Campbell Co. @ Union Co.

Carter @ Bearden

West @ Farragut

Cosby @ Gibbs

Maryville @ Knoxville Halls

Spring Hill @ Alcoa

Knoxville Catholic @ Morristown West

Sevier Co. @ William Blount

There may be a few more.

I do not know of any transfers into or out of Halls that will impact the football team.