Manassas -vs- Union City

Legend

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manassas has nothing to lose. Everybody is thinking UC will win. who you got. Purple said that University looked good Manassas didnt. Well Manassas just killed US by 41. Purple what do you think now. Manassas still aint played there best ball

Im excited to watch Buckner play. Really get a chance to see the guy you talk so highly about. I know others are excited to see him as well. Should be a great game... I will say UC wins by 10+. But who knows...

Manassas has nothing to lose. Everybody is thinking UC will win. who you got. Purple said that University looked good Manassas didnt. Well Manassas just killed US by 41. Purple what do you think now. Manassas still aint played there best ball

Uh Legend, you seem a little worried. Don't get quiet now that what you say you have been wanting all year is about to happen. Sounds like you working on your concession post. Man up, dude. Now is not the time to be a wimp. You sound skeered....maybe you should be....71% from 3 point land is a bit intimidating.

UC has dominated greatly throughout the season and now in the state tourney, after putting up 101 against moore county, i dont see manassas getting past them

poor manassas having to play jackson county first, this will equal in a sloppy game by manassas

UC by 10

UC has dominated greatly throughout the season and now in the state tourney, after putting up 101 against moore county, i dont see manassas getting past them

poor manassas having to play jackson county first, this will equal in a sloppy game by manassas

UC by 10

TdaddyPat,

I respect Union City and their spotless 36-0 record. It's truly impressive. They're obviously a great team. "Kudos" on your accomplishments, so far.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to issue a strong caution, however, to everyone who's ALREADY crowning UC as the State Champs: Union City will not dominate Manassas.

Anyone who's expecting Union City to blitz thru Manassas, just like the rest of those other Single A cream puffs ....Well, you're going to be extremely disapointed! All the UC faithful are going to be numb, shell shocked AND, perhaps, severely depressed!

Please don't misinterpret what I'm about to say as braggadocio or a bunch of hot air. I'm just calling them like I see 'em. Nothin more. Nothing less: But, Manassas is everybit as good and talented (if not moreso) as Union City. Union City and its fan base will be forced to deal with this stark reality, tomorrow afternoon. Trust Me.

No disrespect to Moore County (or the other now-eliminated Class A teams) but it's easy to look like world-beaters against mediocre teams. Manassas is not a Moore County! Manassas is on a whole 'nother level (strengthwise) than Moore County and any of those other Class A teams!

No. I'm not saying that Manassas will win. Sure, I HOPE they do (since I'm a Memphian). Likewise, I'm not prepared to say that Union City will win, either. Frankly, I don't see how any UNBIASED, REALISTIC basketball connoiseur could conclude anything differently. You see, to me, this game is an absolute toss-up....I really think that it's going to go down to the wire--I really do.

Union City and Manassas are two very evenly matched teams, despite Manassas' 5 losses. Given their respective stlyles, I expect a super high-scoring game. Sit down. Buckle your seatbelts and hold on to your drink and popcorn. This figures to I expect it to be the most entertaining, exciting (believe it or not) fast paced games of the tournament!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Score Prediction: 95-90 (hopefully with Memphis Manassas hoisting the Gold Ball!)

Go Manassas. Memphis is rooting for ya'll!

UC by 10

CONGRATS UC ON YOUR WIN TODAY..BRING THE GOLD HOME TO UNION CITY FELLOWS..HAVING PLAYED THE HARDER END OF BRACKETS YOU ARE BATTLE-TESTED AND READY..

WERE ROOTING FOR YOU FROM DC..GO TORNADOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

union city as good as they have looked is not goin to be able to turn manasses over as they have other teams and they will also have matchup problems...they have more speed than manasses and can outshoot them but they dont have anyone to match up with buckner or mcfadden in tha post and as i said the manasses guards wont turn the ball over as much as other teams do against uc...all that said the game could go either way and union city played so well today if they carry it into tomorrow then will pull it out but i think manasses will pull it out in a tight one

Well for sure, Union City had the tougher bracket with MUCH better talented teams to play to get to the finals. We have already beaten team much better than Manasses this year in the Poplar Bluff Shootout in late December. Yes, I know this is now and we as a team will treat this no differently.

Union City will be very prepared....I Promise. We have been in a situation many times before that the teams we play are much taller and sometimes more speed.

The ONLY way and I say " ONLY " way Manasses can beat Union city is Union City have a off day around the arch and only get one look at the basket.

This will be a great game and a score that might change from leader to leader.

In the end, Union city will wear down Manasses and show them and the rest of the state that the Gold Ball will make another trip back to Northwestern Tennessee in a little town called Union City.

From what I understand, the Union City fans had at least 5 sections filled today ( Friday ) and many more will be there on Saturday....the gym will be half to 3/4 full of Union city and Western tennessee Fans come saturday..

The Purple Stomp will make one final showing come Saturday March 15 at the Boro and Manasses will be on the end being stomped.

Go Union City....