Manassas -vs- Union City

Legend

when players run under you and push and pull you down and the refs let it go on and on. you would have a attitude also. When the refs dont call over the back on UC. When they let players ride you all the time. you would be mad also. Buckner is a good kid but enough is enough when the refs let them do him anyway they wanted to.

Dont get me wrong UC won the game because they wanted it more.

Coach Harris didnt miss those layups or freethrows or turn the ball over in the 4th. People kill me with that mess.

Last legend out till next year its been fun messing with you guys and you will here from me again.

Manassas will be back next year.

Legend,have the Manassas people stop crying yet.LOL.We had to be big brother to our district rivals Humboldt.Manassas got them down in Memphis and just absolutely destroyed them.You shouldve seen Cordero Wade's face in the Jackson Sun last Tuesday.We took it upon ourselves to take up for Humboldt and beat Manassas.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Union City on the State Championship and to M.J. on being Mr.Basketball..Very well deserved for both parties..Union City never gave up...I thought Manassas and Union City were the two best Single A teams I saw this year ,thus playing for the title...But Legend said he thought Humboldt..Lake Co etc. was over rated this year..I told him that I thought maybe U.C. and Manassas was just better than everyone else..Now that U.C and Manassas saw these other teams..especially to Legend..Who at the state tournament that you played were better than Humboldt and Lake Co?Could we have just put a couple of our District 14A teams in the State tournament along with Manassas and U.C. and had better teams?Where would have Moore Co and University of Johnson City finished in District 14A in most peoples opinion?...Chipper..Purple..Did it again..etc..been nice chatting with you guys..congrats to your team..I didn't make it up for the Wed. game but came up Thursday and saw all the games Friday and Saturday..

That was by far the closest we came to losing all year. I think we won by only 5 or something. That team was definitely the most athletic team we played. I was glad to see you guys win AA that year. Purple & Gold, what schools are currently recruiting M.J.?

Southeast Missouri,Eastern Kentucky and UTM are going after him very hard....There are some others but they haven't been put in writing in any newsprint so I won't get into those on here....

Scott Edgar was at the tournament all week as was Brett Campbell..They have been going wherever he was playing for about the last month...

Southeast Missouri,Eastern Kentucky and UTM are going after him very hard....There are some others but they haven't been put in writing in any newsprint so I won't get into those on here....

Scott Edgar was at the tournament all week as was Brett Campbell..They have been going wherever he was playing for about the last month...

I hope UTM has finally turned the corner. UTM had a good season...Maybe MJ will go to UTM and hook up with Weddle, only this time to make a run at the OVC championship. That would be a formidable back court in a couple of years. Throw in a three or four more really good recruits and you never know. Would be nice to see these two make the NCAA tournement togethere or at the very least the NIT. I don't know alot about Campbell but it seems he has breathed some life into a dormat program. Any idea why Murray State hasen't pursued MJ like the other two...I do know Jewan Long is there, maybe that's the reason.

I hope UTM has finally turned the corner. UTM had a good season...Maybe MJ will go to UTM and hook up with Weddle, only this time to make a run at the OVC championship. That would be a formidable back court in a couple of years. Throw in a three or four more really good recruits and you never know. Would be nice to see these two make the NCAA tournement togethere or at the very least the NIT. I don't know alot about Campbell but it seems he has breathed some life into a dormat program. Any idea why Murray State hasen't pursued MJ like the other two...I do know Jewan Long is there, maybe that's the reason.

I dont know how much Jewan being there would be a problem. Both can shoot, dribble, and run an offense. That would be a good back court. But from what I am gathering he will be in the OVC, probably UTM. Which would make them a contender for sure. Especially with Tech losing three senior, APSU losing some good players, TSU losing some as well. TSU also has some really good players, should be some good years for the OVC.. Cant wait to watch in Cookeville!

• 4 months later...

recap,

I dont feel bad about Manassas not beating UC for the state. UC players has a special thing about themself and thats what got them over the top. Hey they didnt lose a game 37-0 state champs

BUT I hope and pray UC has to come to Memphis this season for sub-state. go Humboldt!!! lol!!!

recap,

I dont feel bad about Manassas not beating UC for the state. UC players has a special thing about themself and thats what got them over the top. Hey they didnt lose a game 37-0 state champs

BUT I hope and pray UC has to come to Memphis this season for sub-state. go Humboldt!!! lol!!!

I don't see that one happening. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think it will most likely be Humboldt and Lake County coming out of that region....West Carroll could be a darkhorse ( but probablly not)

I don't see that one happening. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think it will most likely be Humboldt and Lake County coming out of that region....West Carroll could be a darkhorse ( but probablly not)

The athletes are still there at UC. The old man will be missing though.