Manassas -vs- Union City

Legend

Polk will foul out by the 3rd if he guard Buckner. UC coach aint that stupid to try in cover Buckner with 1 man. The Tigers wil be ready. By the way Sean Kearney is on a mission.

Legend, where have you been. Are you hiding from the coacht posters...lol....I'm (BTW for life) pulling for Manansas as well..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC has to shoot a high percentage from the three point line to win because Manassa will dominate defensive rebounding...I don't think UC will get many 2nd chance points. Three pointers and turnovers for UC to win...peremiter defense and dominate the glass on the defensive end for manassas to win. That's my opinion. this is like the thrilla in manilla...much anticipated matchup....GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Excellent assestment, Yankees8589!

Well for sure, Union City had the tougher bracket with MUCH better talented teams to play to get to the finals. We have already beaten team much better than Manasses this year in the Poplar Bluff Shootout in late December. Yes, I know this is now and we as a team will treat this no differently.

Union City will be very prepared....I Promise. We have been in a situation many times before that the teams we play are much taller and sometimes more speed.

The ONLY way and I say " ONLY " way Manasses can beat Union city is Union City have a off day around the arch and only get one look at the basket.

This will be a great game and a score that might change from leader to leader.

In the end, Union city will wear down Manasses and show them and the rest of the state that the Gold Ball will make another trip back to Northwestern Tennessee in a little town called Union City.

From what I understand, the Union City fans had at least 5 sections filled today ( Friday ) and many more will be there on Saturday....the gym will be half to 3/4 full of Union city and Western tennessee Fans come saturday..

The Purple Stomp will make one final showing come Saturday March 15 at the Boro and Manasses will be on the end being stomped.

Go Union City....

I wouldn't say the only way Manasses wins is if UC has a bad day from the three. I would say the only way UC wins is if UC shoots the three well. Manasses has the athletes to contest UC's three point shooters. In the end, Manasses will pound the basketball inside and win the game in a close one.

It's put up or shut up now...The time has come...It's great that it's Manassas but it didn't really matter who the Tornadoes had to play today....

You have two teams with a combined 71 wins..You have two of the top 10 teams in the entire state in any classification....A great match-up...

You could fill an entire page with what-ifs...I've seen where people say the teams are evenly matched...Wrong...There is no comparison to these two teams...Union City is grossly out-sized...Manassas will not have the overall quickness Union City has...Manassas is not that great at the free throw line...Union City isn't either but they have had to make some in this tourney with the game on the line...People will be surprised that Union City will either be close or lead the rebound margin....Manassas hasn't had to play a team yet in this tourney with great athletes...Union City has played two of the best four teams up here already and will play the other today...Union City will have the edge in coaching....Union City has four Gold Balls sitting on the bench..They have 15 out of 17 state tourney wins on their bench...They have seven seniors with a title already and five state tourney victories under their belt...Experience cannot be discounted...The tourney today has five teams that bring nobody to support their teams...Union City is not included in that and will have a "home court" advantage...Union City will not be intimidated by Manassas' athleticism,they have seen it before...They will not be scared like Jackson County and University were....Union City will have to shoot the ball as good or better than they did yesterday....But if they don't they can grind one out also....

I'm glad there are no injuries going in..No excuses to be made..If the refs let the two teams play it will be very interesting..If it's nit-picky it will be frustrating for both clubs...Rarely do these types of games live up to the hype..I'm hoping it does this time...Manassas is a very good team..But Union City is too....

GO TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!....

I've seen some that won't make a prediction...I will....Union City-76....Manassas-69

Union City will not be close in the rebounding department. Excuses will be made after the game...Wait and see. I am like Purple, I would love to see this live up to the hype. Both are good teams and deserve to be here. But, in the end UC will not have an answer for Manassas. 80-64 Manassas.

I will make a prediction....if the refs let these kids play I say manassas 77 uc 71..Pulling for uc because their from rural west tn. I just think manassas is a better team. If i'm wrong oh well. Each coach has a game plan but ultimately it will be the players that have to execute those game plans....hope ist's a clean called game for both sides. May the best team win and good luck to both.

It's put up or shut up now...The time has come...It's great that it's Manassas but it didn't really matter who the Tornadoes had to play today....

You have two teams with a combined 71 wins..You have two of the top 10 teams in the entire state in any classification....A great match-up...

You could fill an entire page with what-ifs...I've seen where people say the teams are evenly matched...Wrong...There is no comparison to these two teams...Union City is grossly out-sized...Manassas will not have the overall quickness Union City has...Manassas is not that great at the free throw line...Union City isn't either but they have had to make some in this tourney with the game on the line...People will be surprised that Union City will either be close or lead the rebound margin....Manassas hasn't had to play a team yet in this tourney with great athletes...Union City has played two of the best four teams up here already and will play the other today...Union City will have the edge in coaching....Union City has four Gold Balls sitting on the bench..They have 15 out of 17 state tourney wins on their bench...They have seven seniors with a title already and five state tourney victories under their belt...Experience cannot be discounted...The tourney today has five teams that bring nobody to support their teams...Union City is not included in that and will have a "home court" advantage...Union City will not be intimidated by Manassas' athleticism,they have seen it before...They will not be scared like Jackson County and University were....Union City will have to shoot the ball as good or better than they did yesterday....But if they don't they can grind one out also....

I'm glad there are no injuries going in..No excuses to be made..If the refs let the two teams play it will be very interesting..If it's nit-picky it will be frustrating for both clubs...Rarely do these types of games live up to the hype..I'm hoping it does this time...Manassas is a very good team..But Union City is too....

GO TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!....

I've seen some that won't make a prediction...I will....Union City-76....Manassas-69

I think everybody from both sides should make a prediction and stop straddleing the fence. Whoever is wrong will just have to eat some humble pie...no big deal.

Legend, where have you been. Are you hiding from the coacht posters...lol....I'm (BTW for life) pulling for Manansas as well..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

blue memphis hood on tan cap im in the house fan section