Darian Brown resigns at LHS

Eddie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart move by Wilson Central. Mt. juliet provides enough competition can't have Lebanon build back up.

Bud "Opie" Brandon is trying to follow in that old coach from Shelbyville,that his dad couldn't beat, footprints. Ha!!! ha!! J/K! There are some similarities. Between Opie Tayor and Bud Brandon, that is!

Would have to physical similarities, don't think Opie would treat his Championship players the same. Where's Andy when you need him? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

For this program to do well, it very well may take a promoter who is very enthusiastic and can pump not only the players but the parents of LHS to help the team not only reach what they have done the past two years but to try to achieve and go to greater heights. This, IMO, will take someone with a very good coaching mind but a competitor off the court to compete for the players that are LHS in Lebanon itself and not be afraid to do it. It will also take someone who can instill their asst coaches to have the same mindset to do so and to fight for upgrading a facility that badly needs worked on or rebuild it. The LHS parents group were organized last year and it was obvious they made a difference. They were great and their enthusiasm made a difference. This coach HAS to be someone who can communicate, communicate, communicate as Coach Brown must have done. This is more than just a coaching body needed at LHS. A leader needs to follow the leader that was there.

PHargis, I think it would be more appropriate to say that the new coach will need to "contnue" to communicate the way Brown and his staff communicated. I doubt you have any way of knowing this, but Brown and his staff (none of whom are alumni at LHS) communicated far better than the previous head coach. Brown was a very positive communicator as far as needing new facilities, but was content with using what was given to him and making the best of it. Brown and his staff were more worried about making the kids better than their surroundings. I heard him say many times, "we start with us, then we work on other issues." I think that philosophy was evident in the direction that he took the program in the two years he was there. I firmly believe that if you bring a positive thing into the limelight, you can't help but have positive repercussions in the future.

I know you meant no harm by the comment because you have always been supportive of Brown and the Lebanon program's progress in your posts, but I didn't want anyone who doesn't know Brown or his staff to assume the wrong thing.

Who ever they bring in, needs to gain the respect of the girls and families. Coach Brown did a great job for what little time Lebanon had him. Lebanon has some very talented girls now and coming up, and to keep them they have to have a good coach.

Being a graduate of Mt. Juliet High School years ago, (80's) and seeing the difference in the programs with Cental, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet, Lebanon needs to step up. We were getting there and they let the Coach get away.

Ashley would be a great coach, ask Pat S at UT! This is who Lebanon needs!

Lebanon is over due for a new school. The board needs to wake up! It's time !!!!!!!

PHargis, I think it would be more appropriate to say that the new coach will need to "contnue" to communicate the way Brown and his staff communicated. I doubt you have any way of knowing this, but Brown and his staff (none of whom are alumni at LHS) communicated far better than the previous head coach. Brown was a very positive communicator as far as needing new facilities, but was content with using what was given to him and making the best of it. Brown and his staff were more worried about making the kids better than their surroundings. I heard him say many times, "we start with us, then we work on other issues." I think that philosophy was evident in the direction that he took the program in the two years he was there. I firmly believe that if you bring a positive thing into the limelight, you can't help but have positive repercussions in the future.

I know you meant no harm by the comment because you have always been supportive of Brown and the Lebanon program's progress in your posts, but I didn't want anyone who doesn't know Brown or his staff to assume the wrong thing.

This is a great post and this poster understands the difference and does not doubt it at all and looks forward to hearing who the next coach might be. LHS deserves another great coach.