7-AAA Offseason

MidTennFootball

Since the season is now over for everyone, I figured I would start the offseason thread for our district before they close down the boards to everyone but plus members. Now would be a good time for posters to reflect on how they felt the season went for their teams, what they were proud of, what were the low points and the high points, as well as anything else you would like to add, including what to look for from your teams in 2008.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the season is now over for everyone, I figured I would start the offseason thread for our district before they close down the boards to everyone but plus members. Now would be a good time for posters to reflect on how they felt the season went for their teams, what they were proud of, what were the low points and the high points, as well as anything else you would like to add, including what to look for from your teams in 2008.

"OP", I was really disappointd in Warren County's overall play this year. With four starters back, I really feel we were capable of more than 4 wins overall this year. I don't think we were ready to tip the ball off at the start of the season, and spent a long time , trying to figure out who was going to play. I will admit improvement as the season went on, and we were in many games, but the cover is bare in my opinion for next year and maybe years to come. I don't think people realize, that players like Chris Weitzel only come around every now and then. You can't teach 6'9, and I really believe that losing Weitzel and Weir , we are going to have problems scoring the basket. I enjoyed all your post this year "OP" and look forward in hearing from you again next year.

White County's goal was at least getting to the state. That's about the only disappointment this season. However, if you can get 30 wins and win District 7AAA like WC did you have done well. Lots of highs this year beating Dyer co. and beating every team in the district at least once.

I don't know how many people know this, but this year White County truly realized basketball is only a game. In early October Jeff Griifin who was a sophomore for the Warriors was critically injured in a car accident along with his best friend. Jeff battled hard, but passed away a few days later from his injuries. Team pictures had just been made{I heard the same day of the accident} so he will be pictured with the team in this years annuals. The team dedicated this past season to Jeff and made us all proud. Please keep Jeff's family in your prayers. He was a genuine good kid who was active in different sports, was active in his church and always active in Bible camp, and was a friend to all he met. He has been missed.

Riverdale had their worst season in 2007 since I've been watching them. With that being said, Riverdale had an AMAZING freshman team, the best I have seen since the class of 2005's freshman. That class in the long run only finished with 3 seniors, due to transfers, guys quitting/getting kicked off, and guys opting to play football.

If this 2011 class can stick together, they can do some great things. Their chemistry and teamwork is a sight to see. These guys beat Oakland 78-32 in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP and finished 20-1 overall I believe. Their only loss was to Lavergne which they later avenged.

Having these guys in the mix, aswell as returning guys like Joey Lee, Bobby Leonard, and Andy Scolfield. Really you could put Janeal McDonald on that list aswell because he played a full season of varsity (despite being a freshman).

My poll for 2008-09 (will ruffle some feathers /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />)

1. Siegel

2. Riverdale

3. Oakland

4. Cookeville

5. Lebanon

6. Blackman

7. White Co.

8. Warren Co.

My condolences for Jeff aswell as his family and White County. This is the first I have heard about it. I know how tragic these losses can be as we have lost 4 members of the Riverdale family since July (two 2008 seniors, two alumni from 2005), most recently lost a senior last Friday, Anthony Pederson, to a traffic fatality (his funeral was today).

I encourage everyone to buckle up, you only have to make yourself do it a few times before it becomes an instinctive habit. I feel naked without mine while driving, even if its only to Walmart (1 mile from my house).

Riverdale had their worst season in 2007 since I've been watching them. With that being said, Riverdale had an AMAZING freshman team, the best I have seen since the class of 2005's freshman. That class in the long run only finished with 3 seniors, due to transfers, guys quitting/getting kicked off, and guys opting to play football.

If this 2011 class can stick together, they can do some great things. Their chemistry and teamwork is a sight to see. These guys beat Oakland 78-32 in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP and finished 20-1 overall I believe. Their only loss was to Lavergne which they later avenged.

Having these guys in the mix, aswell as returning guys like Joey Lee, Bobby Leonard, and Andy Scolfield. Really you could put Janeal McDonald on that list aswell because he played a full season of varsity (despite being a freshman).

My poll for 2008-09 (will ruffle some feathers /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />)

1. Siegel

2. Riverdale

3. Oakland

4. Cookeville

5. Lebanon

6. Blackman

7. White Co.

8. Warren Co.

Yeah. I mean since Blackman had 5 sophomores getting quality minutes and only lost 2 players, I definitely think they're going to drop in the standings....think again.

Yeah. I mean since Blackman had 5 sophomores getting quality minutes and only lost 2 players, I definitely think they're going to drop in the standings....think again.

Knew it wouldnt take long /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />. If Turnham is back (heard he's leaving), you can expect half the team to quit/get kicked off anyways. When you got a player like Phelix Hicks in your hallways but dont let him play...wow, and thats just one of a ton of guys.

Having Dejuan Brown back will help tremendously, but lets be honest, Alex Carter and Paul Stephens carried this team on their backs. Was there a single game when 1 of the 2 wasn't the leading scorer?

I picked my top 3 for obvious reasons. I picked my number 8 for obvious reasons. The rest will finish 4-7 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Knew it wouldnt take long /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />. If Turnham is back (heard he's leaving), you can expect half the team to quit/get kicked off anyways. When you got a player like Phelix Hicks in your hallways but dont let him play...wow, and thats just one of a ton of guys.

Having Dejuan Brown back will help tremendously, but lets be honest, Alex Carter and Paul Stephens carried this team on their backs. Was there a single game when 1 of the 2 wasn't the leading scorer?

I picked my top 3 for obvious reasons. I picked my number 8 for obvious reasons. The rest will finish 4-7 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where would Turnham be going. I thought he was pretty content there.

1. Siegel

2. Riverdale

3. Oakland

4. Cookeville

5. Lebanon

6. Blackman

7. White Co.

8. Warren Co.

I agree with your #1 and #8. 2 thru 7 will be a hard one to call. I do think with White County having 2 starters back{Puckett and Mitchell} they will be a little higher than 7th. Maybe 3 or 4.