Ravenwood Coach Williams steps down

newtoaau

now i am going to play devil advocate here ok...and i am going to do it to get some of your insights...i see where you said that the ravenwood coach might be coming to RIVERDALE and that we are getting a great coach if that does happen BUT this is a coach that has been removed from his previous job for one reason or another and is going to take an assitstant job when there are several head coaching jobs out there...so please tell me about the coach and work ethic and how he relates to the girls and what you think he would bring to the table with caoch maxwell and RIVERDALE high school

This is a coach with around 20 years head coaching experience and has never been let go from any other positions that I know of. He has coached Div 1 and a nationally ranked JUCO. He has 300+ wins. His time at other schools have seen there wins increase dramatically under his leadership and coaching. He is very respected by all of his peers, ask Coach Maxwell. This was just a raw deal handed to him. Remember people in Brentwood have alot of money and it talks. Let's just wait to see who may get the Ravenwood position and then the story will write itself! I have played for Coach Williams many years ago he was awesome then and has been a great mentor. They come no finer!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a coach with around 20 years head coaching experience and has never been let go from any other positions that I know of. He has coached Div 1 and a nationally ranked JUCO. He has 300+ wins. His time at other schools have seen there wins increase dramatically under his leadership and coaching. He is very respected by all of his peers, ask Coach Maxwell. This was just a raw deal handed to him. Remember people in Brentwood have alot of money and it talks. Let's just wait to see who may get the Ravenwood position and then the story will write itself! I have played for Coach Williams many years ago he was awesome then and has been a great mentor. They come no finer!

I agree completely. My daughter played for him as well. He is a fine man with superior ethics and standards. He is all about the kids and not about putting himself out there for attention. If he does land at Riverdale with Coach Maxwell, they will be a great team. She is young and extremely talented. Her players and parents love her. Williams has years of experience and will be a tremendously loyal and supportive assistant. Maybe he is at the stage in his career that he wants to mentor a young coach and enjoy watching her be successful? It wouldn't surprise me. That's the kind of person he is. What you see with him is what you get. He doesn't play games, which is perhaps why he got "voted off the island" at Ravenwood /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It will be interesting to see how the situation at Ravenwood plays out. Has anyone heard anything about who the new coach will be? I heard they have some very experienced, very qualified applicants.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about decided that any coaching job outside of Brentwood Volleyball is a tough gig at any school and in any sport in Williamson County.

I have to say it is very unusual that 5 of 7 schools are looking for new girls' coaches. Even Maxwell leaving Independence for Riverdale is not a huge promotion. I understand Burt started something great at Riverdale, but she had created a good situation at Independence.

It is hard to understand why someone would want a job in Williamson County if this is what happens to a coach. You are talking about a guy that moved halfway across the state for a job there,

Here is the Tennessean article on the subject. http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...058/1002/SPORTS

I have to say it is very unusual that 5 of 7 schools are looking for new girls' coaches. Even Maxwell leaving Independence for Riverdale is not a huge promotion. I understand Burt started something great at Riverdale, but she had created a good situation at Independence.

It is hard to understand why someone would want a job in Williamson County if this is what happens to a coach. You are talking about a guy that moved halfway across the state for a job there,

Here is the Tennessean article on the subject. http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...058/1002/SPORTS

Kudos to Williams for not saying anything negative although he has every right to do so. He's a better man than most. His choice to take the high road during all of this shows what kind of person he really is.

• 2 weeks later...

He was already at Ravenwood according to the article. I think when Williams was hired he was the AD. Not sure what or even if he was coaching then, or this past season.

Must have some background but Ravenwood has also an Asst Coach, maybe on a volunteer basis, which is a good coach and does some work with the team also, Springer. With WC, coachs come out of the blue with some of these schools and evidently Principals poll the student body also. That is likely one of the reasons for turnover.