Single A baseball, Whos the best?

Eagles23

What happened when they played a single A team this past wednesday?

Jackson Christian barely won their first district game against Adamsville 4 to 3. And it seemed they got away with that one seeing that the Adamsville pitcher gave up eight walks but just five hits. JCS puts the ball into play when they need it though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson Christian barely won their first district game against Adamsville 4 to 3. And it seemed they got away with that one seeing that the Adamsville pitcher gave up eight walks but just five hits. JCS puts the ball into play when they need it though.

wrong game

on wednesday April 16th the eagles suffered a loss to the hands of the McKenzie Rebels

9-1 being the score

the rebels torched through 3 of the eagles pitchers while the mckenzie pitcher (Kee) threw a complete game giving up only four hits to a team with atleast 4 guys(maybe more) batting over .400,

he had 10 k's(3 to their leadoff), and only one walk

couldn't seem to put the ball in play that day

As a Wilson Countian, I have to say that the Friendship Commanders are playing great ball right now. The run-ruled Cascade yesterday and are running through their normal gauntlet of AA and AAA teams to prep for the post season.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I don't think Cascade knew what hit them. Friendship is hitting the ball really welll right now. I think Cascade went through 5 pitchers. They even used one of their varsity pitchers against our JV.

the two teams are not equal. i believe that rockwood is cleary the better team. when rockwood plays to what they are capable of, they are a very hard team to beat.congrats to LV. they are the new #1 team in the state.

One of the things that makes baseball such a great sport is the way that fans can rank their teams. All of the teams that you people are talking about are good teams.....and all could be state champs if the cards fall into place for them. As a roane countian, I have seen both rockwood and harriman play and I think that rockwood is no doubt the better team. That doesnt keep them from losing occasionally to harriman. The night Rockwood lost to harriman they only scored 3 runs. They are a team that normally scores double digits in runs. But harrimans pitcher had a career game that night and Rockwood lost. Thats the nature of baseball, one night a good team will come out flat and lose to a lesser team...or a lesser team may have a hot pitcher one night and he mows down the better team. But that doesnt mean that the lesser team is the better than the higher ranked team. Yes harriman lost big to cascade, but before cascade fans write off rockwood as an easy mark take these facts into consideration. Rockwood beat Alcoa tonight in a tournament at Loudon. A few weeks ago Alcoa beat Pigeon Forge. Pigeon Forge beat Farragut (the number one team in AAA) tonight. Now does that mean that Harriman can beat Farragut? Or that cascade can beat Farragut? Of course not, but it shows on any given night good teams can lose! I think the state tournament in single A is going to be awesome this year with several excellent teams having a good chance to win it all. However, as mentioned above, on any given night a good team can go down. Last year Oakland was rated number one in the nation and didnt even make it to the state! So, I expect to see Rockwood, cascade, LV and possibly even harriman in the state tourney.....but upsets can and will happen.

Do not take anything away from Harriman. Yes Harriman defeated Rockwood in the first game, however Rockwood defeated Harriman last night. Both games were decided by 5 runs. The first game, Rockwood made some costly errors and last night Harriman made some costly errors. The two teams are pretty equal and both have a good chance of going to State and maybe winning it. You asked about Harriman losing to Cascade. When Harriman plays out of their District, they use these games as learning experiences for some younger players (especially pitchers). Of course they want to win these games, but it truly helps them later in the season and in later years as the players mature. I will give you another little known fact about Harriman and Rockwood (Coach Adcox and Coach Cofer are cousins) They both come from a long line of baseball players and coaches.

Almost everyone throws off when they play non-district games. Cascade threw their No. 4 starter against Harriman and killed them. I have seen Harriman play twice now and if they are neck and neck with the best east TN has to offer (Rockwood), then you don't stand a chance in Murfreesboro. Friendship, Cascade, Jackson and Richland are the best in middle TN. Does McKenzie not have much to offer this year?

unless temple got an entire new ball team, they are still going to be bad. oh and your welcome

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Oh, and temple4life, the title of this topic is..Single A baseball, Whos the best?

You can't truly believe Temple is anywhere near the best? They might be able to beat Hunter or Loftis, but that's about it.

Almost everyone throws off when they play non-district games. Cascade threw their No. 4 starter against Harriman and killed them. I have seen Harriman play twice now and if they are neck and neck with the best east TN has to offer (Rockwood), then you don't stand a chance in Murfreesboro. Friendship, Cascade, Jackson and Richland are the best in middle TN. Does McKenzie not have much to offer this year?

Hey if anyone should know about not standing a chance in the Boro it would be Cascade. If my memory serves me correctly they left the Boro in 07 quicker than a scud missle leaving Baghdad.

Hey if anyone should know about not standing a chance in the Boro it would be Cascade. If my memory serves me correctly they left the Boro in 07 quicker than a scud missle leaving Baghdad.

Cascade beat a pair of Division I signees and all-state pitchers -- Ivey (Summertown) and Clinard (East Robertson) -- just to get to the 'Boro last year. In the process, they lost their No. 1 starter. Taking the best pitcher off any Single-A team the day before the state and see how they do. Some people just loooove to hate.