Single A baseball, Whos the best?

Eagles23

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inappropriate87

Rockwood and lookout valley are clearly the best teams in the state! I think rockwood is the best though cuz they beat lv!

rockwood is a great team. When rockwood and lv played it was a good game. lv led the game by 2 until the 6th inning when rockwood tied it up. the last inning rockwood started swingin the bats real well and put up 5. rockwood beat lv 7-5. the game was pretty much a pitchers duel. lv's pitcher had a no hitter until the 6th inning and rockwoods pitcher gave up a few hits but did a GREAT job at getting out of tight situations. look for both teams to go back to the boro this year. Another team to look for is jackson christian. JC is a very well developed ball team and will do very good this year and have the potential to go all the way.

I don't know for sure that JCS is the best team in the state, but they are deserving of a long hard look. The losses come against Hardin County, Lakeview, McCallie, Murfreesboro Oakland, and Lexington. Notice that not a single one of those teams is in class A. Also, the Eagles did not make Ripley look too strong last friday. Winning 6-1 easily. The game was called due to weather in the 5th.

So, there's my two cents. Eagles on top.

• 3 weeks later...

friendship isnt doing to bad either they are one a 13 game winning streak and are scheduled to play cascade on saturday and then beech on monday. we lost a lot of seniors but we have had some underclassmen step up. 7 out of the 9 starting hitters have hit homeruns we are swinging the bat really good right now. no doubt we are one of the better teams in the state

Do not take anything away from Harriman. Yes Harriman defeated Rockwood in the first game, however Rockwood defeated Harriman last night. Both games were decided by 5 runs. The first game, Rockwood made some costly errors and last night Harriman made some costly errors. The two teams are pretty equal and both have a good chance of going to State and maybe winning it. You asked about Harriman losing to Cascade. When Harriman plays out of their District, they use these games as learning experiences for some younger players (especially pitchers). Of course they want to win these games, but it truly helps them later in the season and in later years as the players mature. I will give you another little known fact about Harriman and Rockwood (Coach Adcox and Coach Cofer are cousins) They both come from a long line of baseball players and coaches.

Do not take anything away from Harriman. Yes Harriman defeated Rockwood in the first game, however Rockwood defeated Harriman last night. Both games were decided by 5 runs. The first game, Rockwood made some costly errors and last night Harriman made some costly errors. The two teams are pretty equal and both have a good chance of going to State and maybe winning it. You asked about Harriman losing to Cascade. When Harriman plays out of their District, they use these games as learning experiences for some younger players (especially pitchers). Of course they want to win these games, but it truly helps them later in the season and in later years as the players mature. I will give you another little known fact about Harriman and Rockwood (Coach Adcox and Coach Cofer are cousins) They both come from a long line of baseball players and coaches.

the two teams are not equal. i believe that rockwood is cleary the better team. when rockwood plays to what they are capable of, they are a very hard team to beat.congrats to LV. they are the new #1 team in the state.

I don't know for sure that JCS is the best team in the state, but they are deserving of a long hard look. The losses come against Hardin County, Lakeview, McCallie, Murfreesboro Oakland, and Lexington. Notice that not a single one of those teams is in class A. Also, the Eagles did not make Ripley look too strong last friday. Winning 6-1 easily. The game was called due to weather in the 5th.

So, there's my two cents. Eagles on top.

What happened when they played a single A team this past wednesday?