6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

The bottom 3 teams will never be considered a playoff caliber team, Can't beat anyone in region other than each other. Will fight for 6th,7th,and 8th place.

Things can change fast in HS ball. We've seen cellar teams go to the top and vice-versa. Get a good coaching staff and the right chemistry going and you never know what can happen. Maybe it wont happen this year, but never say never.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things can change fast in HS ball. We've seen cellar teams go to the top and vice-versa. Get a good coaching staff and the right chemistry going and you never know what can happen. Maybe it wont happen this year, but never say never.

How many coaching changes do they need. The only successful coach they have had is Coach Gregory with Coach Finney and they are not coaching anymore. Good senior group of skill players, if it don't happen this year it could be a long time .

How many coaching changes do they need. The only successful coach they have had is Coach Gregory with Coach Finney and they are not coaching anymore. Good senior group of skill players, if it don't happen this year it could be a long time .

I wasn't referring specifically to any team or coach. I was saying in general a team's fortunes can turn in high school ball rather quickly when you have everyone on the same page.

And for the record, I think Coach Mat is a great coach and I do believe he will turn CHS into a contender in the coming years

I wasn't referring specifically to any team or coach. I was saying in general a team's fortunes can turn in high school ball rather quickly when you have everyone on the same page.

And for the record, I think Coach Mat is a great coach and I do believe he will turn CHS into a contender in the coming years

I agree with completely. Coach Mat is a much better coach than Gregory I should know I have played for both of them.

I agree with completely. Coach Mat is a much better coach than Gregory I should know I have played for both of them.

You must like it easy. No way Mat, as you call him, knows as much football as Coach Gregory. The only reason Gregory is not coaching now is that he took no crap off of parental involvement in the team. Mat is a yes man to the parents and that is what the administration wants. Please don't hurt our boys feelings. Football at Centennial is a club sport just like lacross, have some fun and hope you win.

You must like it easy. No way Mat, as you call him, knows as much football as Coach Gregory. The only reason Gregory is not coaching now is that he took no crap off of parental involvement in the team. Mat is a yes man to the parents and that is what the administration wants. Please don't hurt our boys feelings. Football at Centennial is a club sport just like lacross, have some fun and hope you win.

Have you ever met him or played for him he is a much harder coach than Gregory was when I played for him. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!

Well I'm not going to touch that first part, because whenever I do, bad things seem to happen.

But for the second part, we're talking about a guy that showed his team scenes from 300 to inspire them. So I'm pretty sure Mat isn't in the locker room before the game going "Hey guys, it's okay if you don't win, because you're all special in your own way!!! Rainbows and Smiles!!!" But from what I've heard about him, he's a competitor. And he wants to win. And a man with the hunger and desire to win will eventually get his team to win.

Well I'm not going to touch that first part, because whenever I do, bad things seem to happen.

But for the second part, we're talking about a guy that showed his team scenes from 300 to inspire them. So I'm pretty sure Mat isn't in the locker room before the game going "Hey guys, it's okay if you don't win, because you're all special in your own way!!! Rainbows and Smiles!!!" But from what I've heard about him, he's a competitor. And he wants to win. And a man with the hunger and desire to win will eventually get his team to win.

Who was coaching the last time Centennial went to the playoffs? If Centennial does not make the playoffs this year they never will. Fastest skill players in 6-5A this year and they are seniors. But the fact is they won't and never will. A man that stays hungry and never eats dies.

Who was coaching the last time Centennial went to the playoffs? If Centennial does not make the playoffs this year they never will. Fastest skill players in 6-5A this year and they are seniors. But the fact is they won't and never will. A man that stays hungry and never eats dies.

I disagree again. Although they have alot of good athletes that have left over the past few seasons, all of their star talent isn't gone after this year. TK and Bubba (Tony Kemp and Tim Harris, respectively) are both rising juniors and may already be the top two athletes on the team. Chip McCrosky played sparingly last year due to injuries, but he's a beast, and can multiple positions on both sides of the ball. Guys like Arness Holsey and Eli Spallinger also got alot of time last year and were really impressive.We also have inherited some good players as a result of the rezoning. So while this year may still be tough for us, the future of the Centennial football program is going to do nothing but get brighter over the next few years.

How in the world can you say Coach Mat is the better coach? What are the reasons you say this? Coach Gregory took Centennial to the playoffs and beat Antioch a region champ. Don't tell me that winning 4 games against teams with a combined record of 7-33 is an improvement. Fastest skill players in the region and still can't win last year or this year. Explain yourself.

How in the world can you say Coach Mat is the better coach? What are the reasons you say this? Coach Gregory took Centennial to the playoffs and beat Antioch a region champ. Don't tell me that winning 4 games against teams with a combined record of 7-33 is an improvement. Fastest skill players in the region and still can't win last year or this year. Explain yourself.

Woah calm down there Tiger. You have your opinion and he has his. No reason to attack someone for having a different opinion than you. I could easily attack you for what you just said, but I actually have respect for people on this forum.

Woah calm down there Tiger. You have your opinion and he has his. No reason to attack someone for having a different opinion than you. I could easily attack you for what you just said, but I actually have respect for people on this forum.

Just the facts and a strong opinion. No attack intended just want to know his reasons. As for you I do respect your opinion as well as others. The only player you mentioned that could play for any other 5A school is Kemp and he alone will not be able to carry the team. I'm not bashing it is just my opinion like yours. I respect the fact that you think so highly of the other players you mentioned. I just think he is the only one that has the talent now to play anywhere else.