6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

What is your point? The qb you are talking about was absolutely the best qb for the system that was being run. His off the field problems were a seperate issue. You're right that nobody is perfect and remember we are discussing high school players, not colle or pro. Please explain your bandwagon remark. You are quick to make these vague inuendos.

Care to explain or is this just between you and sleeper?

You are right theses are just high school players. That's why this is a high school message board, not a college or pro message board. But I don't know about all that you have stated above. I think if they had started Zack, Emory, or Nick in 06 there record would have been the same. But that's just my opinion along with many others.

My bandwagon remark was pointed at no one in particular just people who seemed to be head over heels over the suspended QB at Indy in 06, and then upon his return to graceland led the Eagles to a defeat at the hands of state runner-up Ravenwood. I was fortunate enough to be at that game and I noticed many people's attitudes changed during that game. But I already knew that you knew what I was referring to.

We could (and probably will) debacle on who should be the starting QB at Indy, but I will attempt to lay it to rest and leave it at that.

Okay, Nick's throwing mechanics are awesome, and he always looks good warming up Heckman.

HAHAHA.....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone other than IHS and Cent. in 6-5A now?

To get something started...I watched the BHS Overton scrimmage Friday. I was surprised at how physical Brentwwod was. They could be pretty good!

I also saw that scrimmage and was impressed with BHS. I think that defense could be the best in the state this year if they keep on track and avoid injuries. The offense looked good too. A little more creative than last year and a lot more polished at this point in the season. The O line was really quick and physical. I'm pretty excited about the season overall.

The Bruins get a nice warm up with Centenial in week 0 this year before going to Smyrna in week 1. That's when we should find out what we've got.

You are right theses are just high school players. That's why this is a high school message board, not a college or pro message board. But I don't know about all that you have stated above. I think if they had started Zack, Emory, or Nick in 06 there record would have been the same. But that's just my opinion along with many others.

My bandwagon remark was pointed at no one in particular just people who seemed to be head over heels over the suspended QB at Indy in 06, and then upon his return to graceland led the Eagles to a defeat at the hands of state runner-up Ravenwood. I was fortunate enough to be at that game and I noticed many people's attitudes changed during that game. But I already knew that you knew what I was referring to.

We could (and probably will) debacle on who should be the starting QB at Indy, but I will attempt to lay it to rest and leave it at that.

HAHAHA.....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I try.

"I heard," it was rumored that Drew Kelly over at Centennial has received some offers for football. Is there any truth to that, and I must remind some people that a letter or a phone call is not an offer.

That is true. And supposedly he is considering playing football in college rather than basketball. I don't know all the school's he has offers from, but I do know he was interviewed on Louisville's Unapproved Website site earlier this summer.

How has CHS looked in their scrimmages?

Who have they played so far?

I think they play MJ this Thurs.

I have a pretty good source that has filled me in on the Centennial scoop.

The Cougars have scrimmaged Antioch and Mt. Juliet.

The Cougars played Antioch a couple of weeks ago and looked fair. They beat Antioch by a couple of scores.

Meanwhile against Mt. Juliet, it was a totally different story. Centennial looked like a machine. The game was played like a Friday night situation with a clock and officials. The Cougars pounded the rock on the opening drive and kept the ball the ENTIRE first quarter capping it off with a score. On the second drive they again kept it for roughly eight minutes before scoring. Centennial's starters scored every time they touched the ball. It was 21-7 at the half. The starters continued to play into the third with Centennial scoring again. After the score went to 28 to 7, the Cougars played their younger guys. Mt. Juliet scored twice on them and the final was 28 to 21. One note was the end of the game. Centennial's coaches showed poor clock management by going into victory formation too soon. They ended up punting with seconds remaining and had to hold on to the win. Kelly played well both ways and Scales danced around to make some amazing moves in the backfield. The defense has made some steps of improvement as well. I was told that Mt. Juliet had only one decent drive and after that they were shut down.

I have no allegiance to Centennial or Brentwood but I want to try to get off work early to make it out to this one. It could be closer than the experts think.

The Cougars have beat the bears of Antioch and the bears of Mt. Juliet. I've been told things happen in threes and the last time I checked Brentwood's nickname is the bruins. Could this be the year?

I have a pretty good source that has filled me in on the Centennial scoop.

The Cougars have scrimmaged Antioch and Mt. Juliet.

The Cougars played Antioch a couple of weeks ago and looked fair. They beat Antioch by a couple of scores.

Meanwhile against Mt. Juliet, it was a totally different story. Centennial looked like a machine. The game was played like a Friday night situation with a clock and officials. The Cougars pounded the rock on the opening drive and kept the ball the ENTIRE first quarter capping it off with a score. On the second drive they again kept it for roughly eight minutes before scoring. Centennial's starters scored every time they touched the ball. It was 21-7 at the half. The starters continued to play into the third with Centennial scoring again. After the score went to 28 to 7, the Cougars played their younger guys. Mt. Juliet scored twice on them and the final was 28 to 21. One note was the end of the game. Centennial's coaches showed poor clock management by going into victory formation too soon. They ended up punting with seconds remaining and had to hold on to the win. Kelly played well both ways and Scales danced around to make some amazing moves in the backfield. The defense has made some steps of improvement as well. I was told that Mt. Juliet had only one decent drive and after that they were shut down.

I have no allegiance to Centennial or Brentwood but I want to try to get off work early to make it out to this one. It could be closer than the experts think.

The Cougars have beat the bears of Antioch and the bears of Mt. Juliet. I've been told things happen in threes and the last time I checked Brentwood's nickname is the bruins. Could this be the year?

*Sigh* Why is it everytime I hear "clock-management issues" and "Brentwood" mentioned together, my mind always wanders back to the 2003 CHS/BHS game?

Thanks for the report JAYJIZEL, that was the first I've heard of our scrimmages this year. Glad to hear we looked as sharp as we did. Hopefully we can build off of some of these early scrimmages.

*Sigh* Why is it everytime I hear "clock-management issues" and "Brentwood" mentioned together, my mind always wanders back to the 2003 CHS/BHS game?

Thanks for the report JAYJIZEL, that was the first I've heard of our scrimmages this year. Glad to hear we looked as sharp as we did. Hopefully we can build off of some of these early scrimmages.

I remember very well, on that rainy evening.