6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

hthat is right i am a bandwagon boy but with over 15 years of head coach/assit coach at a'riverdale type'high school in northern illinois in addtion to 3 years head coach of Great Britan Lions (UK) im am the new bandwagon boy for INDY...So before you go shooting off the mouth whom is the guy that always wanted to be a coach but thinks he is one,when more then likely just coached pee wee football

You coached in the UK? Perhaps that's where you developed your impressive command of the English Language. Have fun! 'nuff said.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You coached in the UK? Perhaps that's where you developed your impressive command of the English Language. Have fun! 'nuff said.

sorry cant type but i can surely coach---- as mentioned your a wanna be coach whom never has and more then likely never even suited up for a game so your comments are more then welcome-nuff said ---

that is what i said.... so back to the topic here - will the indy defense be able to step up this year and at brentwood how is the qb and running game lool

Coach were you at one of the two American High Schools in England or one of the English schools that are finally finding out what REAL football is?

BTW, I PLAYED at Lakenheath in the late 60's.

What would I base it on? I would base it on...

better throwing mechanicsthe Dickson County game two years ago when him and Emory Martin played QBthe fact that he was playing against better competition (with the exception of week 15) last seasonhe played QB last season when Pettigrew was not 100% healthy, which when Pettigrew was healthy it took a lot of pressure off of the QBthe passing game opens up a lot more when he is at QB (yes I know the running game goes in the other direction but I believe their strength to be more in the receivers this year as opposed to the running back)

Let's look at your list:

better throwing mechanics - Maybe, but it isn't as much about mechanics as it is getting the ball to the receiver.

the Dickson County game two years ago when him and Emory Martin played QB - That was 2 years ago.

the fact that he was playing against better competition (with the exception of week 15) last season - He started against MBA (good team I agree with you), Franklin (So did Heckman in quarterfinals), Centennial (Better than who?), Memphis East (Better than who and he had 2 ints and Heckman was put in). Heckman then started against CNE, DC, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Columbia, Gallatin, Antioch, Franklin, Millington and Smyrna. (9-1).

he played QB last season when Pettigrew was not 100% healthy, which when Pettigrew was healthy it took a lot of pressure off of the QB - Pettigrew had over 200 vs Centennial. He was pretty healthy from then on. Nick didn't start vs BA, so MBA was the only game.

the passing game opens up a lot more when he is at QB (yes I know the running game goes in the other direction but I believe their strength to be more in the receivers this year as opposed to the running back) - Not sure how that is. Teams are able to defend the pass since he is not a running threat. The game is about balance, not just passing.

I've said it before I like Nick Smith. IMO Heckman gives the team a better chance at being multi-dimensional and a better team. For some reason Nick lost confidence in his passing ability. I remember his Sophmore year when he played he was able to make the good throws. Last year, he threw too many bad balls. Once a qb loses confidence they start pressing and make more mistakes. Indy has a playoff shot with Heckman, but unfortunately if Heckman goes down, they will struggle. I hate to say it but I am not the only one that will say it.

tnsparty knows exactly what he is talking about.

I too like Nick. I promise you, he knows that playbook inside and out and he works harder than anyone, but when it came to big game situations, Heckman stepped up. I don't understand the logic behind replacing him this year with the guy he replaced last year when Alex obviously proved to be the missing piece the Eagles needed midway through the year last season.

In Tennessee Football mag, Heckman is rated as the number 11 underclassman prospect in the state. You don't put that kind of talent on the bench.

that is what i said.... so back to the topic here - will the indy defense be able to step up this year and at brentwood how is the qb and running game lool

I was impressed with Indy's defense against WC. They swarm to the ball well. They miseed some tackles, but last year's team did so early. They'll get it corrected. It seemed that they were trying to make the highlight reel hit instead of wrapping up. It will get better. They have a long way to go but there are a pretty good team.

I was impressed with Indy's defense against WC. They swarm to the ball well. They miseed some tackles, but last year's team did so early. They'll get it corrected. It seemed that they were trying to make the highlight reel hit instead of wrapping up. It will get better. They have a long way to go but there are a pretty good team.

Another encouraging thing is that there are a few new faces on the defense that are not only new to team, but new to the sport, whether its their first time or if they've taken a few years off. Those few guys have played extremely well from what I can see and will only get better with experience.

Also, stud safety Stannard was a bit gimpy last week. Look for the defense to improve greatly when he is back to full strength as well.