6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

According to your article this was late June. I am curious if he has been at school since then and if he was found of any wrong doing or if this is just another case of someone being guilty until proven innocent. Coach Felts is a class act and a good coach. More importantly he is a good person and I wont believe anything that is printed in some newspaper until its proven to be accurate.

As far as the region I see it as Brentwood, Franklin, DC, Ravenwood/Indy. Centennial will close the gap, and the other two wont.

I too hope for the best for this man. I also saw the same story reported on the local news just a couple of weeks ago.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please give your insight on the following comments:

Dickson County- have not heard anything about these guys/ someone enlighten me please

Ravenwood- inexperience? not necessarily by class but just several first time players

Centennial- live and die by the legs of their QB/ Have to pour on the points to make up for lackluster defense

Independence- lost too many key players/ the QB may not be able to overcome the inexperience of others

It should be interesting. Feel free to give your predictions. Here are mine just to start it off.

1. Brentwood 2. Franklin 3. Dickson County 4. Ravenwood with Centennial and Independence on the outside looking in.

We should see alot of improvement from Centennial this year. The team has become comfortable with Coach Mat's offense and we should see them execute better this season as a result. The emphasis will be on speed, but from what I hear the line has really shown improvement. This team is capable on sneaking up on a couple of teams this year.

We should see alot of improvement from Centennial this year. The team has become comfortable with Coach Mat's offense and we should see them execute better this season as a result. The emphasis will be on speed, but from what I hear the line has really shown improvement. This team is capable on sneaking up on a couple of teams this year.

We will know about the improvement of Centennial after game 1 of the season. I don't think anyone in their right mind expects the Cougars to even hang close with the Mighty Bruins BUT if the Centennial Felines can hang in there or even beat the Bears we will know that the Cats are a threat to everyone in the region. I am ready for some football and hope to make it out for this match-up. It's going to be tough winning @ Brentwood.

We will know about the improvement of Centennial after game 1 of the season. I don't think anyone in their right mind expects the Cougars to even hang close with the Mighty Bruins BUT if the Centennial Felines can hang in there or even beat the Bears we will know that the Cats are a threat to everyone in the region. I am ready for some football and hope to make it out for this match-up. It's going to be tough winning @ Brentwood.

I wasn't going to predict a big win vs. Brentwood to start the season. IMO Brentwood is the class of the field this year. But at the same time, I don't think it will be the 30-0 blowout it was last year. What I meant by my statement is that if the Cougars can get hot late in the year, they might be able to pull an upset on someone who may not be playing 100% (I think of DC last year). I'm saying if these guys get hot and get some momentum going, they are very capable of pulling some upsets this year.

any word on INDY scrimmage

Scrimmage began with JV for several series. WC was up 2 TD’s to 0 on a long pass and a pick six int. The Varsity then went at each other the rest of the way in two halves with game-like conditions using the chains but no punting. WC scored 1 TD in the first half on a long run and Indy 0 although Indy had 2 good drives that ended up in missed field goal attempts.

The 2nd half was a totally different story as Indy came out and scored 3 TDs to 0 for WC. Final tally was 3-1 Indy for Varsity and 2-0 WC for JV. Indy’s offense looked very sharp in all areas especially in the 2nd half. WC has a very strong running game with some elusive RBs. Overall a good 1st scrimmage for both teams after just a few days of practice.

Scrimmage began with JV for several series. WC was up 2 TD’s to 0 on a long pass and a pick six int. The Varsity then went at each other the rest of the way in two halves with game-like conditions using the chains but no punting. WC scored 1 TD in the first half on a long run and Indy 0 although Indy had 2 good drives that ended up in missed field goal attempts.

The 2nd half was a totally different story as Indy came out and scored 3 TDs to 0 for WC. Final tally was 3-1 Indy for Varsity and 2-0 WC for JV. Indy’s offense looked very sharp in all areas especially in the 2nd half. WC has a very strong running game with some elusive RBs. Overall a good 1st scrimmage for both teams after just a few days of practice.

What in particular made their offense look so sharp? Was it the running game or the passing game, or a combination of both. Did anyone stand out to you? Was it Smith or Heckman at QB or both?

thank you so much for the update - how did Heckman and recievers look and can you tell me if INDY found a runningback?