6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That they will continue to be terrible.

It's the same thing every year...tons of talent, no results. They will finish ahead of Northeast but they will not be competitive in this region.

What is the problem at Columbia? They seem to have alot of talent at that school, but don't seem to win very much anymore. They used to be very competitive.

Is it coaching? Kids not coming out to play?

What's up? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

What is the problem at Columbia? They seem to have alot of talent at that school, but don't seem to win very much anymore. They used to be very competitive.

Is it coaching? Kids not coming out to play?

What's up? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They are outclassed in 5A. I think it's a combination of a bunch of factors: first at foremost is coaching...from freshman ball all the way to senior year, their coaching staff is terrible. There's also no morale surrounding that program. They need somebody who can make kids WANT to play football. It's hard to sell a product like that to most kids.

Whitthorne Middle is always incredible. The Columbia freshman team is always scary good.

When those kids are seniors, they go 1-9. It's sad to me.

They are outclassed in 5A. I think it's a combination of a bunch of factors: first at foremost is coaching...from freshman ball all the way to senior year, their coaching staff is terrible. There's also no morale surrounding that program. They need somebody who can make kids WANT to play football. It's hard to sell a product like that to most kids.

Whitthorne Middle is always incredible. The Columbia freshman team is always scary good.

When those kids are seniors, they go 1-9. It's sad to me.

I think the coach needs to get rid of the kids that don't have the right attitude regardless of talent and play the kids that want to do right. You can go 1-9 with anybody so what would it hurt. Talent is not everything if they don't have a team attitude. Kids change from the ninth to seniors and most time it is that talent alone doesn't get it done. Find the kids that have class then you have a classy team and not a classless one.Attitude is the most important quality to look for. If a player has both talent and a great team attitude then you have a very good player and team if you get enough of them. This is where I would start.

we will get it together this year:)

No, you won't.

Just like you didn't last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Something needs to change at Columbia before any progress is made. Hopefully they will drop a classification for 09 although I don't have the numbers on hand.

No, you won't.

Just like you didn't last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Something needs to change at Columbia before any progress is made. Hopefully they will drop a classification for 09 although I don't have the numbers on hand.

Drop a class? Alot of the Columbia Central supporters want it bigger. I think they're at about 1480 enrollment.

They already get alot of the athletes from EA Cox Middle School which is supposed to be the feeder school for Spring Hill.

Heck the baseball coach/assistant football coach at Cox is sending his son to Central.

I wonder if his influence will send others to Central as well? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• 4 weeks later...

Should be an interesting year. A team in the state finals for the fourth straight year last year (5 out of the last 6 years) despite the region supposedly being in a down year. Alot of teams lost alot of talent, so the region will come down to which new players can step up and carry some of the load.

1. Brentwood: They started to turn the corner at the end of last year and have alot of key guys returning. However, they need to get the passing game going again to be successful.

2: Franklin: Lost both alot of talent and alot of leadership. But they also have a good corps of talent returning.

3: Independence: Lost the most talent of anyone in the region. They'll be back at the top in another year or two though.

4: Ravenwood: Some good talent, but a huge question mark at QB.

5: Centennial: Should see alot of improvement this year, but still a year or two away.

6: Dickson Co.: Probably will be hurt the most by graduation.

7. Columbia: One of the most Jekyll and Hyde teams last year, (looked like they were making great strides, then being shut down)

8. Northeast: The new classifications could not have come at a better time.

Should be an interesting year. A team in the state finals for the fourth straight year last year (5 out of the last 6 years) despite the region supposedly being in a down year. Alot of teams lost alot of talent, so the region will come down to which new players can step up and carry some of the load.

1. Brentwood: They started to turn the corner at the end of last year and have alot of key guys returning. However, they need to get the passing game going again to be successful.

2: Franklin: Lost both alot of talent and alot of leadership. But they also have a good corps of talent returning.

3: Independence: Lost the most talent of anyone in the region. They'll be back at the top in another year or two though.

4: Ravenwood: Some good talent, but a huge question mark at QB.

5: Centennial: Should see alot of improvement this year, but still a year or two away.

6: Dickson Co.: Probably will be hurt the most by graduation.

7. Columbia: One of the most Jekyll and Hyde teams last year, (looked like they were making great strides, then being shut down)

8. Northeast: The new classifications could not have come at a better time.

Several Independence players told me that the team they least wanted to face last postseason was Brentwood...big linemen and great coaching is a deadly combination and I agree with you in thinking that they'll win the region this year.

• 2 weeks later...