6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

How in the world can you say Coach Mat is the better coach? What are the reasons you say this? Coach Gregory took Centennial to the playoffs and beat Antioch a region champ. Don't tell me that winning 4 games against teams with a combined record of 7-33 is an improvement. Fastest skill players in the region and still can't win last year or this year. Explain yourself.

You can ask a number of alumni and guys still playing for coah Mat and they will tell you the same things about him, he has told us he is tired of losing and has change how practice runs this years it is no longer an individual person leading this team and if one fales we all fale as one. He is also not the only coach we also have coach Foley, coach B and others. So it is nat him but all the coaches that will lead Centennial to a winning season.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ask a number of alumni and guys still playing for coah Mat and they will tell you the same things about him, he has told us he is tired of losing and has change how practice runs this years it is no longer an individual person leading this team and if one fales we all fale as one. He is also not the only coach we also have coach Foley, coach B and others. So it is nat him but all the coaches that will lead Centennial to a winning season.

Best wishes.

I'll throw my two cents in here just for the sake of it

the coaching argument Matykiewicz vs Gregory is completely irrelevant

yes Gregory took the 03 team to the playoffs and a win there but does it matter today?

Matykiewicz is the coach now and has been for over a year and a half. I spent all but one game (Ravenwood due to surgery) on the sidelines with Coach Mat and I know from first hand experience that he is more than capable of taking this Centennial football team, this year to the playoffs. Also from what I understand CHS is running I-Formation instead of shotgun this year so Matykiewicz will be running his specialty offense this season. Centennial is gonna surprise a lot of people this season.

oh.

and Centennial plays Franklin on Halloween night. In the words of one of my friends on the team, "There's something to be said about that one."

I'll throw my two cents in here just for the sake of it

the coaching argument Matykiewicz vs Gregory is completely irrelevant

yes Gregory took the 03 team to the playoffs and a win there but does it matter today?

Matykiewicz is the coach now and has been for over a year and a half. I spent all but one game (Ravenwood due to surgery) on the sidelines with Coach Mat and I know from first hand experience that he is more than capable of taking this Centennial football team, this year to the playoffs. Also from what I understand CHS is running I-Formation instead of shotgun this year so Matykiewicz will be running his specialty offense this season. Centennial is gonna surprise a lot of people this season.

oh.

and Centennial plays Franklin on Halloween night. In the words of one of my friends on the team, "There's something to be said about that one."

My point is that Gregory should still be coaching, but let's move on. As for the I formation and his speciality offense,Why is the spread not being run and what is the coach that ran the offense doing? I thought he was doing a good job.

Brentwood looks to be real strong this year. Franklin should contend with them for the top spot in the region, which should be back to normality, in being a top tier region after a down year last season. (And yes I know Indy went to the state championship game after a cake walk through the playoffs.)

Brentwood looks to be real strong this year. Franklin should contend with them for the top spot in the region, which should be back to normality, in being a top tier region after a down year last season. (And yes I know Indy went to the state championship game after a cake walk through the playoffs.)

Ah, Sleeper woke up from his long winter's nap. Be sure to wake your pal hsfbfan1 up as well, when you two get going it makes for some quality entertainment at times.

I know...the Smith kid will be playing QB at Indy and Heckman will be at RB before it is over. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Before I go, better to take that "cake walk" through the playoffs then taking no walk at all, huh?

Sorry..thought I was done. I agree, Brentwood should be near the top of that region, with Franklin and Independence hovering not far behind. Ravenwood should be considered in the top tier of the region. The remainder of the region either lost a ton of guys and may not rebound as quick as others, building and getting better but not quite there yet, or have no chance.

Ah, Sleeper woke up from his long winter's nap. Be sure to wake your pal hsfbfan1 up as well, when you two get going it makes for some quality entertainment at times.

I know...the Smith kid will be playing QB at Indy and Heckman will be at RB before it is over. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Before I go, better to take that "cake walk" through the playoffs then taking no walk at all, huh?

Sorry..thought I was done. I agree, Brentwood should be near the top of that region, with Franklin and Independence hovering not far behind. Ravenwood should be considered in the top tier of the region. The remainder of the region either lost a ton of guys and may not rebound as quick as others, building and getting better but not quite there yet, or have no chance.

Heckman will be the QB for IHS, they will find another place (WR) for Smith. The following is an excerpt from a posted story.

This past weekend the National Underclassmen Combine came to Middle Tennessee to evaluate the talent in the current 9th grade and 10th grade classes. We had several guys attend the combine held at Battle Ground Academy on Saturday. Those that went were: Dalton Burge, Alex Heckman, Zack Neiderland, Austin Hastings, Kreg Kinnaman, Shaun McKay, Greg Parker and Nathan Hawkins. The combine was a great test for these guys and also a great way to see how they measure up against guys their age, at their positions, etc. The combine is also a great way for guys to showcase their talents and gain the quality exposure for recruiting purposes in the near future. It should also be noted here that one of our players, Alex Heckman (QB), was recognized as the Combine MVP in the morning session. Alex is now eligible and invited to attend the Elite/Ultimate 100 Combine this summer. Congrats to Alex, and props to the rest of the guys that went and represented Independence Eagles Football.

My point is that Gregory should still be coaching, but let's move on. As for the I formation and his speciality offense,Why is the spread not being run and what is the coach that ran the offense doing? I thought he was doing a good job.

Coach Burkes left to take a head coaching job in a different state if i remember right

Can't really tell you why we switched offenses but i don' really mind the change

You sure do seem to be very thin skinned when it comes to giving Centennial any credit.

Mark Matykiewicz is a very good football coach. He won a region title at Fairview. With all due respect to FHS they have nowhere near the athletes as does Centennial.

MM will take the Cougars to the postseason this fall IMO and in the words of George Plaster you can "BOOK IT" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's funny how many people(high school coaches, college coaches, current high school players, former high school players, etc.) agree with me on some of my points that I make. But everyone, including yourself, is entitled to their own opinions.

Heckman will be the QB for IHS, they will find another place (WR) for Smith. The following is an excerpt from a posted story.

This past weekend the National Underclassmen Combine came to Middle Tennessee to evaluate the talent in the current 9th grade and 10th grade classes. We had several guys attend the combine held at Battle Ground Academy on Saturday. Those that went were: Dalton Burge, Alex Heckman, Zack Neiderland, Austin Hastings, Kreg Kinnaman, Shaun McKay, Greg Parker and Nathan Hawkins. The combine was a great test for these guys and also a great way to see how they measure up against guys their age, at their positions, etc. The combine is also a great way for guys to showcase their talents and gain the quality exposure for recruiting purposes in the near future. It should also be noted here that one of our players, Alex Heckman (QB), was recognized as the Combine MVP in the morning session. Alex is now eligible and invited to attend the Elite/Ultimate 100 Combine this summer. Congrats to Alex, and props to the rest of the guys that went and represented Independence Eagles Football.

I think your point on the underclassmen combine is irrelevant due to the fact that it was an underclassmen combine and seniors (such as Smith) are not invited. When the season comes around in the fall the high school varsity teams field players from grades 9th-12th, Not solely underclassmen teams. But congratulations on the achievement and recognition earned by the Indy players.