Golden Circle AllStar Game

yankees8589

And I respect you have an opinion...but one minute you are nice about DC and the next well you know /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ......but hey no skin off my back. Still would meet you and shake your hand /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm ACTUALLY quite easy to get along with contrary to popular belief /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> AND believe it or not....I know more about the game and the players than it seems I do...yankees can vouch for that.

Yes I can vouch for that..absolutley!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bevo...Thanks for the correction...but the 6th man on that team is the same as a starter in my book /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am a big fan of pierce. Very good player.

No problem and DC had good enough depth that most any of those kids could start on most teams in the state... well maybe not entire state but I know at least Region 7AA! Pierce could have a very good season next year!

I have to go to bed...My brain is fried from reading all the MJ fan mail.... All jokes aside Serioulsly I like MJ and he is a great kid and very well mannerd just as the whole UC team is. I saw how they conducted thmselves off the court at the BORO. They were a credit to their school just as the DC and Bolivar players are. I want the best for all these kids I just have disagreements from time to time on these threads. As for rural West Tn...we should all be proud of DC, UC, and Bolivar , they represented our area well and with class. Thats a credit to the schools, fans, players, and the coaching staffs from all three schools /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

J. Blake had this posted on his Myspace in a survey about basketball What schools are looking at you? This is his answer.... Alabama,Louisville, Auburn, Ole Miss, MTSU, Tulsa, Clemson,Mississippi State and many more. Any of these schools ring a bell?

Louisville, Auburn, and Ole Miss ring a bell. MTSU and Tulsa are not suprising...Clemson and Miss State are. When was the page last updated?

I agree ballplayerSAR...I told people all year that he never drives to the lane! He didn't do it once when I saw them play! I agree he is a tad over-rated however still a good shooter. I remember all these Dyer Co. people talking about how Justin Blake was going MAJOR D-1 all year long and I told you folks the best he would do would be OVC. Certain people claimed all year he was major D-1 and they told me to wait until the offers come rolling in. Now a couple of weeks after the state tournaments I am waiting to hear on these Major D-1 schools....

I agree with chipper as well as ready4boro that MJ is the better player. To say Justin Blake is "quicker" than MJ is laughable. Justin may be "quick" but he doesn't use it and tends to spot of for the 3 rather than use that "quickness". MJ got to the basket when needed. Look at the state championship. MJ had 3 points at the half. Coach Sisco was quoted in the paper as telling MJ walking out of the tunnel "were going to need you in the second half if were going to win it", what happens???? MJ finishes the game with 29 points and lead his team from a 16 point halftime deficit to win the state championship by 2. Beavo, please never say MJ does too much. He only does enough to get his team a W. I've seen Ricky Taylor play several times as well. Ricky is stronger than MJ but just as "quick" in my opinion. I saw where Ricky is heading to UT-Chatt.! Awesome job to him!

GC you know what you are talking about. I can tell you are a student/fan of the game.

I agree with you that CJ was the best player! So by you saying that DC could make it to state without Blake, you are saying that DC will make it to state in 08-09!

Ummm, last time i cheked BLAKE wasnt your only senior. You wont b/c of Kimble, parr, taylor and one or two other seniors you're losing. make sure you read the post exactly how it is worded.

as for the comment about all players having thier ankles broken by yankee, i never said he didnt. i was making a comment about how quick MJ was b/c somebody on here said Blake was quicker! CJ is a great defender and very quick so for him to be shook tha way just shows you how quick MJ actually is. thats all i'm saying, not tring to dis CJ... actually gave a lot of credit to him

GC you know what you are talking about. I can tell you are a student/fan of the game.

Good post.....everybody should listen and pay close attention to all of GCPineers views and thoughts because he is the ultimate authority on west tn basketball...knows far more than the reast of us....I beleive GCPioneer is the same guy that said Victor Mclin was the top player in west tn last season (prior to the season) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> only a true student of the game could have called that one...because the rest of us were saying Blake and MJ!!!! As for myself I said Mclin wasn't that good, missed alot of easy shots around the basket, and could not handle the ball well with both hands...but of course I was wrong on that one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The last I heard the mid to high majors were knocking Mclins door down trying to get him to come and play for them...Mclin was the most sought after recruit in west tn ...hands down!!!!!!!

Of course this is a joke...Mclin is NAIA at best and in my opinion and even then will need some work!!!! Mclin could possibly go LOW LOW LOW MAJOR but I don't see that happening.....NAIA at best!!!!!

GCPioneer...I know you will read this..this is in no way directed at you. You just happend to be the one that made the statement. ready4burro is using you and your opinions to try and smack some of us around because as far as I know he dosen't know that much. I have yet to see any deep insight on players or teams from him. He makes general statemants and leaves it up to others to all the analysis and insights and then says see thats the exact same thing I said. I respect your opinions I am just making a point!!!! But in all seriousness I have no idea how you or anyone else could have actually thought that highly of Mclin...He is a good highschool player and thats about it..maybe can play NAIA. To mnay times people see a kid get dunks and breakaways and think WOW!!! Mclin can jump and dunk but I don't see much else..He needs alot of work to even be good at the NAIA level. I know that you knew just as the rest of us that Blake and MJ were studs but you did say that about Mclin or am I wrong.

Ummm, last time i cheked BLAKE wasnt your only senior. You wont b/c of Kimble, parr, taylor and one or two other seniors you're losing. make sure you read the post exactly how it is worded.

as for the comment about all players having thier ankles broken by yankee, i never said he didnt. i was making a comment about how quick MJ was b/c somebody on here said Blake was quicker! CJ is a great defender and very quick so for him to be shook tha way just shows you how quick MJ actually is. thats all i'm saying, not tring to dis CJ... actually gave a lot of credit to him

Kimble and Taylor were DC work horses they played hard

I'm the one that said Blake is faster than MJ and will also say quicker players have had their ankles broken by less quicker players....getting froze on a crossover is pretty common. All it take is a player with good handles!!!!

Good post.....everybody should listen and pay close attention to all of GCPineers views and thoughts because he is the ultimate authority on west tn basketball...knows far more than the reast of us....I beleive GCPioneer is the same guy that said Victor Mclin was the top player in west tn last season (prior to the season) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> only a true student of the game could have called that one...because the rest of us were saying Blake and MJ!!!! As for myself I said Mclin wasn't that good, missed alot of easy shots around the basket, and could not handle the ball well with both hands...but of course I was wrong on that one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The last I heard the mid to high majors were knocking Mclins door down trying to get him to come and play for them...Mclin was the most sought after recruit in west tn ...hands down!!!!!!!

Of course this is a joke...Mclin is NAIA at best and in my opinion and even then will need some work!!!! Mclin could possibly go LOW LOW LOW MAJOR but I don't see that happening.....NAIA at best!!!!!

GCPioneer...I know you will read this..this is in no way directed at you. You just happend to be the one that made the statement. ready4burro is using you and your opinions to try and smack some of us around because as far as I know he dosen't know that much. I have yet to see any deep insight on players or teams from him. He makes general statemants and leaves it up to others to all the analysis and insights and then says see thats the exact same thing I said. I respect your opinions I am just making a point!!!! But in all seriousness I have no idea how you or anyone else could have actually thought that highly of Mclin...He is a good highschool player and thats about it..maybe can play NAIA. To mnay times people see a kid get dunks and breakaways and think WOW!!! Mclin can jump and dunk but I don't see much else..He needs alot of work to even be good at the NAIA level. I know that you knew just as the rest of us that Blake and MJ were studs but you did say that about Mclin or am I wrong.

Well GC can be wrong sometimes too but your very wrong about blake being better than MJ. This is one of the only times I have looked at what you have to say make a point an stop babbling.

Well GC can be wrong sometimes too but your very wrong about blake being better than MJ. This is one of the only times I have looked at what you have to say make a point an stop babbling.

OBVIOUSLY quite a few colleges think Blake is worth having......I don't look at OPINIONS ....which is what all these comments are.....I prefer to look at recruitment. You would actually do yourself some good to read yankees posts. I've asked him many questions about teams I haven't seen play for his opinion and he has been SPOT ON, every single one of them correct.....on the money. Remeber Blake had team mates that were awesome players...he was an unselfish player. Every single player on that team KNEW who the ball needed to go to at any given time. He didn't have to carry a whole team....he played ON A TEAM /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />