Golden Circle AllStar Game

yankees8589

I never saw the part where someone said Blake was quiker than MJ Brown. THats funny. Ask CJ crittendon about how quick MJ is and see is he remembers getting up off the floor after a crossover put on him by MJ last year.

I'm gonna go a step further and make a statement based on what i've seen and from talking with a few others that know the game (coaches and such). I think yalls (DYER Co.) best player is crittendon. Yall could have not had blake and made it to state... plenty of others that could fill his role good enough. You loose CJ then you dont make it period. CJ is/or at least was highly underrated up until the state tournament. Oh, if you didnt notice i'm giving a DC player credit incase you DC people think i'm just hating on blake cause i dont like DC or something. Just trying to be honest

would you beleive every great player in highschool, college, and the NBA has had their ankels broke at one point in time by a crossover.....Who are the coaches and such that you are talking about????? I see people do that all the time on here????? Name them. I would bet anything MJ has been crossed up on more than one occasion..as a matter of fact I know he has because every player has had that happen to them.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What player rankings do you look at? Cause they have Justin at 11, Ricky at 13, and MJ at 15! MJ has a weakness, he tries to do too much by himself and same goes for Ricky and Justin's weakness is attacking the basket but he does it well enough and no one has given him credit for it! If MJ didn't have a weakness don't you think that HIGH HIGH MAJORS would be recruiting him?? I do! Jalen Steele is a great player... As for your statement about Gallman locking him up that would be a NO... He was off from 3 I believe he put up what around 15 shots and only made 4 if he was on and hit around 9 or 10 then what would you say about Gallman... You would have said he can't guard anybody... Come on get real... It isn't locked up when someone can put up 15 shots just none of them were falling!!!

unapproved website

I have no clue whom has offered MJ. That's for me to think and guess about until he signs. I don't see how you say Justin is quicker. What does he do to make him so quick??? I'll tell you what MJ does to prove his quickness, beats people off the ball! yankees, you never said Blake was Major D-1 but adsmom did. I know she's going to deny it now but I remember her as well as some of the other people saying he was Major D-1. I never said Blake couldn't outshoot those guys. The reason I said what I said is because they are SG/PG who attack the lane and take what is given to them whether it's a layup or kickin it out for a three. I know Major D-1 when I see 'em. Players like Jarvis Varnado, Brandan Wright, Wayne Chism, Willie Kemp and the list goes on. There's a difference in the level of play. yankees, how many times have you seen Justin Blake play and who did they play? I've seen him LOTS of times.... Every player has a weakness to their game, physical play is Justin's weakness. Like it or not.

No...I said D1 offers.....never said high major. Who's bandwagon will YOU jump on next /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'll still be here...win or lose. Bottom line is you don't like DC....one minute you talk positive , the next you are dissing them. You change week to week....heck at least I am consistent.

yankees, I trust you on knowing what your talking about...you don't have to tell me that. I tell it like I see it from my point of view. You tell it like yours. I know several people that feel the same way I do about most of these things I talk about. To adsmom, I don't jump bandwagons, I jump to the facts...

yankees, I trust you on knowing what your talking about...you don't have to tell me that. I tell it like I see it from my point of view. You tell it like yours. I know several people that feel the same way I do about most of these things I talk about. To adsmom, I don't jump bandwagons, I jump to the facts...

And I respect you have an opinion...but one minute you are nice about DC and the next well you know /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ......but hey no skin off my back. Still would meet you and shake your hand /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm ACTUALLY quite easy to get along with contrary to popular belief /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> AND believe it or not....I know more about the game and the players than it seems I do...yankees can vouch for that.

And I respect you have an opinion...but one minute you are nice about DC and the next well you know /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ......but hey no skin off my back. Still would meet you and shake your hand /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm ACTUALLY quite easy to get along with contrary to popular belief /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You were quite nice and easy to talk to when I met you at the BORO!!!! Why would anyone think otherwise /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If he is better then tell me 1 thing OKAY? Alright why are all of the unbiased and I repeat UNBIASED player rankings have Justin Blake and Ricky Taylor BOTH BOTH BOTH are higher than MJ Brown! WHY OH WHY?? Could it be that BOTH Ricky and Justin are better than MJ?? I think so... Don't get me wrong MJ is good but I give the edge to BOTH Ricky and Justin!

MY OPINION

MJ IS THE BEST BETWEEN ALL OF THEM .

TAYLOR WOULD BE 2ND

BLAKE THIRD

IMO CRITTENDON IS BETTER THEN BLAKE. BLAKES A SHOOTER AND A GREAT SHOOTER AT THAT BUT SEEMS ONE DIMENSIONAL TO ME.

I was at the game to. Fulton won and congrats to them but you make a very misleading point and I feel I should point it out for every one to see.Before I get to my point I would like to point out Blake is much more than a spot up shooter. Spot up shooters don't create their own shots beyond the 3 point line. Have you ever seen Blake use the move where the defense is really tight on him and he uses a killer cross over from 22 or 23 feet out to create seperation and pulls up and drains a 23 foot jump shot. He makes this shot more times than not..I've seen him use this exact move 4 or 5 times a game in the games I have seen DC play. As for being locked down by Gallaman...Blake still got off 15 shots and many of those were wide open he just missed them....when the defense was to tight he passed out just like you are supposed to do. Blake has very good handles and anybody says otherwise is just plain wrong. How many times has anyone seen the ball stolen from him? NOT VERY OFTEN!!!! This kid has 9 D1 offers and at worst will be a mid major player that will play as a freshman in college. I've known about Taylor and Blake for some time as far as who was recruiting them and who was showing major interest...To this day the only solid info I can find on MJ is UTM, SEMO, and maybe Murray State...I have asked over and over on these threads and nobody has been able to say with any certainty more than that. If I am wrong gplease post because I have been after that info forever. MJ's stock could have very well be higer after the state than before..I have even said in the past that I thought MJ may be under recruited..If MJ ends up going to a better more high profile program than Blake and Taylor....I say GREAT..but as of now nobody has produced anything to say otherwise. I have never had a problem admitting being wriong once somebody showed me the facts and will do so now if someone does.The rankings bevo was referring to were from Feb..the rankings you are referring to were after the State Tournement and adjusted.There was some movement with some players. Like CJ Crittendon moving up to number 14 for the class of 2009....Not only did Blake not get to the FT Line, hardly anybody from DC did.....FT stats were: DC 6 for 11 Knoxville Fulton 28 for 37: Total FG stats DC 33 for 88 Knoxville Fulton 26 for 58: Three Point stats DC 7 for 34 Knoxville Fulton 6 for 21: DC takes 51 shots insdie the three point line while Fulton takes 27 from inside the three point line: By my calculations DC take 24 (not many of these were mid range jump shots either) more shots inside the thee point line than Fulton but Fulton shoots 26 more free throws than DC: The sheer numbers are mind boggling to me when one team shoots that many more FT's but takes 24 less shots inside the three point line and in addition to that DC takes 88 total shots and only 11 FT's as opposed to Fulton taking 58 total shots and shooting 37 FT's. Not hardly any of the foul calls were off the ball either or called on three point shots. Most the congestion in this particular game was inside the three point line..where most fouls are called. DC was much more agressive in this area than Fulton which one would think would mean more free throws...especially after a 2 point FG difference of 51 to 27.....The score was DC 79 Fulton 82 with 43 seconds and at the 27 second mark ...thats when DC had to put Fulton on the Line: Fulton shot and made 4 free throws over the last 27 seconds...absent these 4 ft's Fulton still had an advantage of 33 to 11 at the ft line...so the free throws were not from intentional fouls. Back to Blake: he picked up his third foul I think with about two minutes left in the 2nd quarter and fouled out with about two minutes left in the 2nd overtime, Blake played 32 minutes out of 42 total..playing 18 of those minutes after halftime with 3 fouls: Steele finished with 27 points but .... 4 of those points in the first half ( before Blake got in foul trouble)..thus he scored 23 points after Blake was in big foul trouble which forced him to play alot less agressively. Blake is the star player and I can guarantee anybody that the Fulton coach knew this as well as the DC coach in noway wanting to lose the star player for much of the 2nd half and overtime with a 4th and 5th foul.Blake, Parr, and Pierce all had 3 fouls in the first half....all starters if I'm not mistaken. If it weren't for Blake there never would have been a 2nd overtime because he hit a three to send the games in overtime.Just adding some some context is all because in my opinion what you said dosen't hold up. My statements in noway are directed at the outcome of the game...just a rebuttal to you saying Blake is nothing more than a spot up shotter, didn't shoot any FT's, and got locked up by Gallman...The thing that goes unnoticed is that Blake is a SG and does what his coach ask him to do..anybody that watches this kid closely knows he can do much more than he does....Why would a coach want a great shooter like Blake going to the hole all the time when he has team mates that are very well capable of satisfying that part of the offensive scheme...dosen't make sense to do that...take your best shooter away from the wing and make him drive to the hole...most coaches play to the teams strengths and Blakes shooting ability was most likely the biggest strength of the team. Dc has one of the best point guards in the state for the class of 2009 so why would Blake be asked to play that role....it's simple "he wouldn't". Blakes jump shot is his bread and butter but make no mistake thats not all he can do.

GREAT POST! I would like to correct you on 1 thing though just so everyone won't discredit you that is that Pierce (only started around 3 or 4 games) was the 6th man on the team!

And I respect you have an opinion...but one minute you are nice about DC and the next well you know /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ......but hey no skin off my back. Still would meet you and shake your hand /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm ACTUALLY quite easy to get along with contrary to popular belief /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> AND believe it or not....I know more about the game and the players than it seems I do...yankees can vouch for that.

Why would anyone think that you are not easy to get along with? That is just funny right there!!! I can vouch for that too!

I never saw the part where someone said Blake was quiker than MJ Brown. THats funny. Ask CJ crittendon about how quick MJ is and see is he remembers getting up off the floor after a crossover put on him by MJ last year.

I'm gonna go a step further and make a statement based on what i've seen and from talking with a few others that know the game (coaches and such). I think yalls (DYER Co.) best player is crittendon. Yall could have not had blake and made it to state... plenty of others that could fill his role good enough. You loose CJ then you dont make it period. CJ is/or at least was highly underrated up until the state tournament. Oh, if you didnt notice i'm giving a DC player credit incase you DC people think i'm just hating on blake cause i dont like DC or something. Just trying to be honest

I agree with you that CJ was the best player! So by you saying that DC could make it to state without Blake, you are saying that DC will make it to state in 08-09!

OBVIOUSLY he will be playing ball in college while the majority of high school kids will not /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I saw him drive to the basket. His RAnge is what SETS HIM APART. If he wasn't good he wouldn't have been playing on the AAU team he did. So SOMEONE besides DC people think he is worthy.

I've seen just drive the lane many of times too! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Once against Ricky Taylor in the regional championship game! And plenty of times on the FAST BREAK!