Shadowens Resigns

CoachFB

rankin will wait til seegull finishes building the indoor facility so he dont have 2 fundraise 4 it.

rankin has 2 have evry -1 elses athletes, backin @ the board, and 20 asst coaches 2 get it done.

he neva got 2 state @ smith co without all of above, did he?

alcoa waz already a power when he got there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Coach Shadowens and what he, his staff and players have been able to accomplish in recent years. I am sure that he has the best interest of his family in mind as he makes this transition, good luck to him in future endeavors.

If I was a Smyrna supporter, I am not sure that I would be so quick to jump on the Coach Rankin bandwagon. All due respect, his record speaks for itself in regards to the won/loss column but I would want someone that would have program loyalty and that has been a part of the investment of building the Smyrna program into what it has become.

I am sure that the head coaching vacancy at Smyrna will draw a lot of attention from interested applicants. I am also sure that the administration will try to find the best candidate to keep the program heading in the right direction. I would look hard internally to find that candidate. I hope that Coach Keasler throws his hat into the ring, I believe that he would do a fine job.

Congratulations to Coach Shadowens and what he, his staff and players have been able to accomplish in recent years. I am sure that he has the best interest of his family in mind as he makes this transition, good luck to him in future endeavors.

If I was a Smyrna supporter, I am not sure that I would be so quick to jump on the Coach Rankin bandwagon. All due respect, his record speaks for itself in regards to the won/loss column but I would want someone that would have program loyalty and that has been a part of the investment of building the Smyrna program into what it has become.

I am sure that the head coaching vacancy at Smyrna will draw a lot of attention from interested applicants. I am also sure that the administration will try to find the best candidate to keep the program heading in the right direction. I would look hard internally to find that candidate. I hope that Coach Keasler throws his hat into the ring, I believe that he would do a fine job.

I too, think that coach Keasler would be a great choice. I am confident that the "powers that be" know what a fine job he has done.

The DC for the past 2 seasons, both state championship years.

OH! You mean the coach who could not come up with a defense to stop R'dales running game even knowing ALL of R'dales plays. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I have known Bud Raikes since 1968 and I can tell you now that NOTHING on here will influence his decision one way or the other. Man knows what he wants and will go for it be they already there or from the outside.

Personally I would like to see Coach Wyatt get it and NOT because he is from R'dale, but because he deserves a chance at being a HC after the shafting Coach R gave him.

OH! You mean the coach who could not come up with a defense to stop R'dales running game even knowing ALL of R'dales plays. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I have known Bud Raikes since 1968 and I can tell you now that NOTHING on here will influence his decision one way or the other. Man knows what he wants and will go for it be they already there or from the outside.

Personally I would like to see Coach Wyatt get it and NOT because he is from R'dale, but because he deserves a chance at being a HC after the shafting Coach R gave him.

I agree on Coach Wyatt. He would do a great job.