Shadowens Resigns

CoachFB

tell me the last time you won them back to back. Yes, riverdale was good in the glory years. But even with all those great teams that were by far more talented than most teams they played, they never won back to back. I'm just glad rankin got the whole public private split when he couldn't get past BA in the 90's. That's made it easier on lots of people. Also remember that Riverdale never was split into two schools like Smyrna did with Lavergne being built in the late 80's. If you combined smyrna and Lavergne into one big 5a school those years, it would have been a more level playing field. But then again we can shoulda, woulda, coulda, and all the what ifs all day long. And I know riverdale lost a couple players when blackman was built, but back to my point: Riverdale never won back to back with all those great teams they had.

lost a couple of players?lol all of their winning and glory days was with riverdale players when they were gone so was their success

i did commend you in my post on winning back to back it is a great job...so tell me which of the teams that did not win state in your opinion should have?...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lost a couple of players?lol all of their winning and glory days was with riverdale players when they were gone so was their success

i did commend you in my post on winning back to back it is a great job...so tell me which of the teams that did not win state in your opinion should have?...

Every year you had erick locke. He was a special athlete. I would say more so that rod was for us. I played against him. he was unnaturally quick and elusive. I thought the year (2000?) y'all lost to red bank you were the better team, the snow was just a huge equalizer. I would also put in the year they lost to brentwood. THat was a great game that came down to the last minute.

Every year you had erick locke. He was a special athlete. I would say more so that rod was for us. I played against him. he was unnaturally quick and elusive. I thought the year (2000?) y'all lost to red bank you were the better team, the snow was just a huge equalizer. I would also put in the year they lost to brentwood. THat was a great game that came down to the last minute.

Red Bank was the better team that year we was more of a speed team and the snow slowed us down but they was blocking down hll and riggs was pretty good we also was young most people was surprised that we made it there so i will respectfully disagree with you on that one

against brentwood we missed a very short feild goal but we was missing our best WR and crawford new that what we had wasnt much so he idd a great job of coaching that game i think if we played anoyone but them we might have won it but he had his team prepared and we also was prepared but we missed our FG and they hit theirs

The teams yall played for state didnt matter who came out of the east they was gonna win if the OR team that played us 2 years ago showed up in the state championship then they would have won it too

lod , lussier is the coach of father ryan if im not mistaken

You are right! That will teach me NOT to post until I have my morning coffee. Coach Lussier is a heck of a Coach though. Just mark it down to me having a 'senior moment'. Also go ahead and laugh as it catches up to everybody eventually. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Having 'game films' is MUCH different than having the actual plays and signals the other side is using.

Now I am NOT taking anything away from Smyrna as they ARE the champions in 5A football here in Tn for the last two years and for that, Congratulations, again! Will they do it again? Not likely, but then again this is from someone who thinks R'dale will go 5-5 this year. Yes, I said 5-5 as our main strength the line is GONE and we do NOT have a passing game. We have a QB who could throw the ball but a coach who will NOT use it for some reason. Does that make me disloyal to R'dale? No, but I call them like I see them no matter what team is involved. The Battle for the Boro this year will tell what kind of season R'dale will have overall.

Right now I see Region 4 as being:

Lebanon

Oakland

Blackman

and from there on it is anybodies guess but Siegel.

Having 'game films' is MUCH different than having the actual plays and signals the other side is using.

Where and how did smyrna get these actual plays and signals the "other side" was using?

You're kidding aren't you? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Either you know NOTHING about Region 4 or you are completely 'Lost' more than I am.

There is a ver GOOD reason Wyant has NEVER co-ordinated on either side of the ball. Rankin did the correct thing with him at Riverdale.........as will Rakes at Smyrna. Not conjecture........facts.............

Dont know who it will be, but I do know who it wont be.........../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You're kidding aren't you? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Either you know NOTHING about Region 4 or you are completely 'Lost' more than I am.

Well this is what I know about region 4. When Coach Rankin was there, you could call the plays just by allignment alone....almost 100%, Howevever, they were so much better athlete wise, it was tough to stop. I've lost count on how many times I've seen some of those great Riverdale backs break a tackle behind the LOS and outrun the defense for a score. You see, nobody draws plays up like that, they just had better players. And they were also very well coached too. By the way, all this information has come from Region 4 coaches. Ask them and they'll tell you the same. Fast foward to now. The problem Coach A presents is that they have very few tendancies, they execute(with much, much less talent at the skill position I might add) and they are tough to defend. So, I'll ask you again. Where did smyrna get these "plays" from? Who gave it to them?

OK, ask yourself this ONE question first. 'WHO' is on staff at Smyrna that also Coached at R'dale under Coach A and had a copy of the playbook? One thing I do not have is hard evidence and without it I will NOT name names. You do learn some things being a Detective over the years.

The mist clearing away now and making it a little clearer? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

'RUMOR' going around Region 4 is that a couple of other schools now have copies also. Is it true? I honestly do not know for sure, but that IS the rumor going around.

OK, ask yourself this ONE question first. 'WHO' is on staff at Smyrna that also Coached at R'dale under Coach A and had a copy of the playbook? One thing I do not have is hard evidence and without it I will NOT name names. You do learn some things being a Detective over the years.

The mist clearing away now and making it a little clearer? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

'RUMOR' going around Region 4 is that a couple of other schools now have copies also. Is it true? I honestly do not know for sure, but that IS the rumor going around.

I think you just named names.