Shadowens Resigns

CoachFB

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, ask yourself this ONE question first. 'WHO' is on staff at Smyrna that also Coached at R'dale under Coach A and had a copy of the playbook? One thing I do not have is hard evidence and without it I will NOT name names. You do learn some things being a Detective over the years.

The mist clearing away now and making it a little clearer? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

'RUMOR' going around Region 4 is that a couple of other schools now have copies also. Is it true? I honestly do not know for sure, but that IS the rumor going around.

And I don't think the coach you're talking about would do that. The relationships he had with those boys at Riverdale would keep him from doing that. He had coached some of them for three years. I feel reasonably sure that he did not give the smyrna coaches or any other team, the Riverdale playbook.

And I don't think the coach you're talking about would do that. The relationships he had with those boys at Riverdale would keep him from doing that. He had coached some of them for three years. I feel reasonably sure that he did not give the smyrna coaches or any other team, the Riverdale playbook.

hatred 4 a-lott b-cuz he didnt get head coach sez othawise

OK, ask yourself this ONE question first. 'WHO' is on staff at Smyrna that also Coached at R'dale under Coach A and had a copy of the playbook? One thing I do not have is hard evidence and without it I will NOT name names. You do learn some things being a Detective over the years.

The mist clearing away now and making it a little clearer? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

'RUMOR' going around Region 4 is that a couple of other schools now have copies also. Is it true? I honestly do not know for sure, but that IS the rumor going around.

Everyone can get a copy of the playbook. Its called "The Wing T, An order of Football" by Tubby Raymond

There is a lot of truth to LOD's post.

Talent, Talent , Talent it takes TALENT. Can't take anything away from the players at Smyrna. A good coach is measured for adapting his players to their ability. To win the State, you would hava to do more than have a playbook of Riverdale. Congrats to Smyna

Does anybody not remember that Smyrna LOST to Riverdale. If you remember the Riverdale people saying Smyrna should have been blown out all except for a "lucky" 3rd quarter. So what if they had the playbook...there are very few secrets amongst any teams now. I hear several years ago a lot of coaches left Smyrna for Blackman. They would have Smyrna's playbook. How has that turned out for them?

Also, if you think somebody can read signals from the opposite sidelines, process the information, relay that to the Defensive Coordinator, where he makes a call, sends it down to the sideline, and then is signaled in to the players.....IN 25 SECONDS!?!?!?!?!? You've got to be crazy.

I have a few friends in coaching and they generally keep information and playbooks from their previous stops on the coaching train. It's not that big of a deal. It's not like he pulled a Ron Zook and faxed it out to his opponents while he was at Riverdale.

Guest workinprogress

Does anybody not remember that Smyrna LOST to Riverdale. If you remember the Riverdale people saying Smyrna should have been blown out all except for a "lucky" 3rd quarter. So what if they had the playbook...there are very few secrets amongst any teams now. I hear several years ago a lot of coaches left Smyrna for Blackman. They would have Smyrna's playbook. How has that turned out for them?

Also, if you think somebody can read signals from the opposite sidelines, process the information, relay that to the Defensive Coordinator, where he makes a call, sends it down to the sideline, and then is signaled in to the players.....IN 25 SECONDS!?!?!?!?!? You've got to be crazy.

I have a few friends in coaching and they generally keep information and playbooks from their previous stops on the coaching train. It's not that big of a deal. It's not like he pulled a Ron Zook and faxed it out to his opponents while he was at Riverdale.

Agreed. I think everyone is making too much of this and LOD should have never even brought it up. I tried to point out that everyone knows each others plays but he still made a stink about it. This happens all of the time. Coaches go from one school to the next. Sometimes the coaches see their old school the next season. Big deal. Do they have an advantage? Maybe a slight one if at all. Like I said all teams swap tapes so everyone knows each others plays. Its up to the Coordinators to come up with a game plan that he feels will put his team in the best position to win and also come up with a wrinkle or two that the opponent has not seen yet.

As a coach, I would rather have tape than a playbook. Trading opponents' tape secretly with other schools is dirtier than "sharing" a playbook. As any coach knows, what is in a playbook, and what is really run don't always jive with each other. This is overblown. Good guys are being attacked on here for no good reason over something that really doesn't matter.