Shadowens Resigns

CoachFB

From all the comments about how trivial it is from Smyrna folks I can only surmise I must have hit a nerve they did not want to have exposed. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Look at it like going to the dentist, only now Coach A knows he MUST change his signals to fill that cavity and nerve that is exposed. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

From all the comments about how trivial it is from Smyrna folks I can only surmise I must have hit a nerve they did not want to have exposed. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Look at it like going to the dentist, only now Coach A knows he MUST change his signals to fill that cavity and nerve that is exposed. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Just because I live in Smyrna does not mean that I am a Smyrna fan. I just think it was disrespectful and immature for you to say what you did. Then you didnt want to fess up to it by naming names yet you basically did if you read any other threads and if you read in between the lines. Just shows a lack of class in this one case. I was actually surprised by your comment because I have always respected what you have said.

I am a little surprised that this thread has turned into a Smyrna vs. Riverdale "spygate" part 2...... I hope that the coaching search at Smyrna is fruitful. I hope that they promote from within.... I am sure that Coach Wyant is a fine man and coach, I just happen to know Coach keasler- having worked with him in the past, so I hope that he gets the opportunity to be a head coach. I know that this is something that he has been preparing for and in my opinion is ready and up for the challenge.

The only nerve you hit was with your tone. I agree with workinprogress, that this is an unusual tone from you. I have enjoyed reading your posts in the past and regarded them as somewhat knowledgealbe. If this is how the rest of the Riverdale faithfull believe, I feel sorry for you. If you think that Smyrna had and used Riverdale's signals, you must not have been at the game. Didn't Riverdale score 30 something in that game. This is extremely silly. Try to come up with another conspiracy. Maybe Wilson Central had your signals? How'd that game turn out?

We schools who have been state champions like you will tell you Smyrna folk that you best toughen up your skin. You are going to have to hear things that you don't like.

Rumors, accusations, and reveals all go along with being the best the state has to offer...... we have all been through it......Riverdale more than all of the rest of us put together.

OK Smyrna folks I never said that knowing the other teams plays or signals was illegal. If Coach A is too stupid to change his signals then that is HIS fault. You simply used what info you had and played smart using them. For that Congratulations because you did what teams are suppose to do and that is find out how teams are beating you and then use that knowledge to beat THEM.

This goes along with things like Lebanon's using the 'lift'. I found out how they were using it and exposed it. Thusly teams like WC and SMYRNA did things to counteract it. Just because I expose things does not mean I am condemming them. I just like to level any field I see that needs leveling and watch football.

Everyone also might like to observe which teams are using 'two' armbands in a game. It is common practice for one to be YOUR plays and the other to be the OTHER teams plays. That way your players do not have to be told something by your coach as they are told directly by the other teams coach when they signal the play in. All the players have to know then is which armband to look at! The whole team does NOT have to have two arm bands, but the captain on the field that is calling the on field defense does.

This has been done for years and some know it and use it. Thing is a really good Coach has to adjust and counter it. If they don't then it is the coaches fault and HE should accept the blame for the loss. Unfortunatly though some egos will not allow some coaches to do that.

OK Smyrna folks I never said that knowing the other teams plays or signals was illegal. If Coach A is too stupid to change his signals then that is HIS fault. You simply used what info you had and played smart using them. For that Congratulations because you did what teams are suppose to do and that is find out how teams are beating you and then use that knowledge to beat THEM.

This goes along with things like Lebanon's using the 'lift'. I found out how they were using it and exposed it. Thusly teams like WC and SMYRNA did things to counteract it. Just because I expose things does not mean I am condemming them. I just like to level any field I see that needs leveling and watch football.

Everyone also might like to observe which teams are using 'two' armbands in a game. It is common practice for one to be YOUR plays and the other to be the OTHER teams plays. That way your players do not have to be told something by your coach as they are told directly by the other teams coach when they signal the play in. All the players have to know then is which armband to look at! The whole team does NOT have to have two arm bands, but the captain on the field that is calling the on field defense does.

This has been done for years and some know it and use it. Thing is a really good Coach has to adjust and counter it. If they don't then it is the coaches fault and HE should accept the blame for the loss. Unfortunatly though some egos will not allow some coaches to do that.

Well, if you've paid attention, you would know that Riverdale does not signal in plays. They run them in or the qb comes over to Coach A and gets the play.

I have coached at 2 places that have used two armbands at times...... both having OUR plays on them. You are very full of accusations.

I do, however, give you credit; I live out of state and should not really care about any of this, but you keep me coming back.