Father Ryan Girls Basketball

fiftyfifty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that is a good thing.....

I believe we will know by who replaces the former coach just how important girls sports are regarded at Father Ryan, or will the good ole boy mentality show its ugly head again. This is a golden opportunity for Ryan to hire a top-notch coach and show the Ryan community that girls sports are truly appreciated and important to the Ryan family. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I believe we will know by who replaces the former coach just how important girls sports are regarded at Father Ryan, or will the good ole boy mentality show its ugly head again. This is a golden opportunity for Ryan to hire a top-notch coach and show the Ryan community that girls sports are truly appreciated and important to the Ryan family. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wow stbulldog. Sounds as if you really have an opinion concerning who Ryan hires.

I would assume that the Riverdale coach (Coach Burt) is not looking for a coaching position and there are several girls basketball coaching positions open as of now.

Do you have any other prospects in mind?

Wow stbulldog. Sounds as if you really have an opinion concerning who Ryan hires.

I would assume that the Riverdale coach (Coach Burt) is not looking for a coaching position and there are several girls basketball coaching positions open as of now.

i hear that former ryan football coach don harris is considering returning and coaching the girls basketball team. i think he is a tssaa ref now but too old to keep going.

Resigned or contract not renewed?

Coach Jackson did in fact resign. She was offered another position at Father Ryan, but declined. She wishes to pursue other interests in her life at this time. Coach Jackson is to be commended for the total dedication to Father Ryan for over two decades. She spent a great deal of her life coaching and teaching hundreds of children at Father Ryan. The best of everything to Coach in her future endeavers and many thanks and prayers from the Ryan faithful. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How about Ashley McElhaney, who played at Vanderbilt. She is employed, but might be interested. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Coach Jackson did in fact resign. She was offered another position at Father Ryan, but declined. She wishes to pursue other interests in her life at this time. Coach Jackson is to be commended for the total dedication to Father Ryan for over two decades. She spent a great deal of her life coaching and teaching hundreds of children at Father Ryan. The best of everything to Coach in her future endeavers and many thanks and prayers from the Ryan faithful. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The reason i asked if her contract was not renewed, is knowing ryan the way i do they wanted her PE job to get another football coach. Did same thing to softball coach teaching PE after winning state in 2006.