Father Ryan Girls Basketball

fiftyfifty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that there is some truth to some top names interested in the Ryan job. I hate to beat a dead horse here, but Ryan can, but probably won't offer a package that will attract a top-notch coach. Ryan won't offer what it would take to get a real good coach with a proven track record. Why is it taking so long? The answer is when any candidate looks at the position and see what is on the table, they turn and walk the other way. I will be shocked if it is even someone other than a present faculty member. God forbid if they dip into the football budget to bolster girls sports. If the parents of the female students would let the administration know that they are sick and tired of being treated as second-class citizens and this is especially true in sports, maybe change could begin. The hiring of this coach would be a great step forward. Its not just basketball, take a look around at some of the other girls sports, its not pretty. Perhaps Ryan could learn a lesson from JPII. I have seen no evidence of the girls at that Catholic school being short-changed in any way with the quality of their coaches in any sport. Please Father Ryan, show me that I am mistaken by how and who you hire for this coaching position. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You ARE beating a dead horse & it is getting old. We get your point.

You ARE beating a dead horse & it is getting old. We get your point.

Thats your opinion, and I don't believe it has been stated enough. By the way, who is we? If you don't like to read about an ongoing issue that is far from over, don't read it. You are probably part of the problem. Next post will be after they name the coach that the SEARCH COMMITTEE has found. It might be coach Barney Rubble, if Fred Flintstone does the hiring. We all know who Fred is. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thats your opinion, and I don't believe it has been stated enough. By the way, who is we? If you don't like to read about an ongoing issue that is far from over, don't read it. You are probably part of the problem. Next post will be after they name the coach that the SEARCH COMMITTEE has found. It might be coach Barney Rubble, if Fred Flintstone does the hiring. We all know who Fred is. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

We is probably everyone who is tired of your uninformed and biased rants...

Some of what you post is true but your opinions are irrelevant in this forum... Father Ryan is simply doing their due diligence in this matter and not rushing to judgement. Attempting to hire a new AD AND a Girls Basketball coach slows down the process. Obviously the new Ad was brought in to the decision making process as he should be. Ryan got a ton of applicants I hear, but like any other school they also have hiring parameters; ie must be on the faculty, prefer a Catholic etc. etc etc.

To say that the search committee is made up of a bunch of players parents is absolutely false. (There are NONE)

To say that Father Ryan is uninterested in Girls athletics is absolutely FALSE.

To say that Ryan can throw big money at ANYTHING is absolutely FALSE>

And who, pray tell is Fred Flinstone

I can assure you that the entire Ryan administration is fully committed to hiring the very best candidate, but that hire will not assuage you angst against the school...so sit back relax and occasionally spin something positive... and PLEASE get informed before you blast people. Ryan will have an outstanding girls basketball coach and the ship will be on course...remember this is about the girls!

By the way they did cancel the camp which was indeed very late and unfortunate; FYI the camp people were paid the entry fees plus some money for referees.

If you would like to contact me directly you may do so @ bnasupply@aol.com

It has just been confirmed that Jason Larkin, former boys freshmen basketball coach for Ryan, has been named the girls head coach. It would have caused less confusion and frustration if the comittee was just going to choose a current teacher and named Larkin a long time ago, therefore "searching" wouldn't have been that hard. Nothing aganist Larkin, but so much for a high profile coach from the outside.

Some of what you post is true but your opinions are irrelevant in this forum... Father Ryan is simply doing their due diligence in this matter and not rushing to judgement. Attempting to hire a new AD AND a Girls Basketball coach slows down the process. Obviously the new Ad was brought in to the decision making process as he should be. Ryan got a ton of applicants I hear, but like any other school they also have hiring parameters; ie must be on the faculty, prefer a Catholic etc. etc etc.

To say that the search committee is made up of a bunch of players parents is absolutely false. (There are NONE)

I can assure you that the entire Ryan administration is fully committed to hiring the very best candidate, but that hire will not assuage you angst against the school...so sit back relax and occasionally spin something positive... and PLEASE get informed before you blast people. Ryan will have an outstanding girls basketball coach and the ship will be on course...remember this is about the girls!

By the way they did cancel the camp which was indeed very late and unfortunate; FYI the camp people were paid the entry fees plus some money for referees.

So much for your theory that the AD was hired to hire coaches since he doesn't take over til July 1ST. He was hired because supposedly Cumberland has been doing a lot of improvements of its athletic facilities and what is Ryan going to start doing soon? Maybe if they can raise enough money to match the 2 million donated? You can call him an AD but you can also call him a construction superintendent. I have never heard anyone at Ryan say they prefer a catholic coach, is football coach Lussier catholic?

I would like to state that I never posted that the search committee was made up of a bunch of parents, so therefore you need to re-read some of the posts before you yourself accuse me of making false statements. There was no search committee anyway, just a smoke screen. I haven't blasted anybody, just stating the facts. I have already posted that the hire would be someone on the staff, there was never any chance of hiring someone from the outside. I said the administratiion not the Ryan faithful treats the girls as second class citizens. And many, many people have experienced this and believe it. This hiring has done nothing to extinguish these people's feelings on this matter. And if you know anything about Ryan, you know who Fred is. I just hope that Coach Larkin was offered the job and not ordered to take it. I want this to be very clear, nobody has anything against Coach Larkin, he is a fine man and has a fine family. He hopefully will be the best girls coach in the state, nobody would be happier than me. But that aside, you can act as if those hiring parameters came down to Coach Larkin, but I and many others don't believe that. The naming of a coach came down to simply Ryan had nothing to offer anyone from the outside and had to take someone from the staff. They already had taken most of the salaries of the girls softball coach, the girls basketball coach and put it in football. Well, that really shows how much they care about girls sports at Ryan. There was one sentence in your post that I could not read. That was probably due to anger on your part. Nothing new here, the truth always angers some people. But to say that Ryan was looking to hire the most experienced coach, with the best past record in basketball of the candidates who applied is not true. Coach Larkin has never to my knowledge been a head coach of girls or boys basketball. But he was the best candidate, right. Lastly, I did not know that Coach Lussier was a Catholic or on staff when he was hired. I also don't think it would have mattered, but that is boys sports and everyone still knows what really important between the two genders at good ole Father Ryan. One last thing, I am not angry at anyone, I feel sorry for anyone whose head is in the sand about a situation that has existed for several decades. PSS, how bout starting a search committee for the girls softball head coaching job, so that we can have at least have a coach that can effectively tell a girl how to run bases, when to bunt, and teach them that sassing a coach is not really productive to furthering your career in the sport. How bout doing that. So good luck Coach Larkin and at least the Ryan administration is aware or should be that people care about their children being treated fairly, both boys and girls in sports and those that are not. By the way, you saying that any statement is absolutely false doesn't impress anybody, if you look at the previous posts, there are several from different posters, all saying the same thing, we girls want to be treated equally. One last, last, thing, why would I contact you to listen to some more balogna, everyone knows who you are, you are the so called search committee, part of the administration at Bedrock High. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I would like to state that I never posted that the search committee was made up of a bunch of parents, so therefore you need to re-read some of the posts before you yourself accuse me of making false statements. There was no search committee anyway, just a smoke screen. I haven't blasted anybody, just stating the facts. I have already posted that the hire would be someone on the staff, there was never any chance of hiring someone from the outside. I said the administratiion not the Ryan faithful treats the girls as second class citizens. And many, many people have experienced this and believe it. This hiring has done nothing to extinguish these people's feelings on this matter. And if you know anything about Ryan, you know who Fred is. I just hope that Coach Larkin was offered the job and not ordered to take it. I want this to be very clear, nobody has anything against Coach Larkin, he is a fine man and has a fine family. He hopefully will be the best girls coach in the state, nobody would be happier than me. But that aside, you can act as if those hiring parameters came down to Coach Larkin, but I and many others don't believe that. The naming of a coach came down to simply Ryan had nothing to offer anyone from the outside and had to take someone from the staff. They already had taken most of the salaries of the girls softball coach, the girls basketball coach and put it in football. Well, that really shows how much they care about girls sports at Ryan. There was one sentence in your post that I could not read. That was probably due to anger on your part. Nothing new here, the truth always angers some people. But to say that Ryan was looking to hire the most experienced coach, with the best past record in basketball of the candidates who applied is not true. Coach Larkin has never to my knowledge been a head coach of girls or boys basketball. But he was the best candidate, right. Lastly, I did not know that Coach Lussier was a Catholic or on staff when he was hired. I also don't think it would have mattered, but that is boys sports and everyone still knows what really important between the two genders at good ole Father Ryan. One last thing, I am not angry at anyone, I feel sorry for anyone whose head is in the sand about a situation that has existed for several decades. PSS, how bout starting a search committee for the girls softball head coaching job, so that we can have at least have a coach that can effectively tell a girl how to run bases, when to bunt, and teach them that sassing a coach is not really productive to furthering your career in the sport. How bout doing that. So good luck Coach Larkin and at least the Ryan administration is aware or should be that people care about their children being treated fairly, both boys and girls in sports and those that are not. By the way, you saying that any statement is absolutely false doesn't impress anybody, if you look at the previous posts, there are several from different posters, all saying the same thing, we girls want to be treated equally. One last, last, thing, why would I contact you to listen to some more balogna, everyone knows who you are, you are the so called search committee, part of the administration at Bedrock High. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You forgot to mention that now that PE job is still open. wonder who that will be filled by????????

I have never understood people who are so negative about a school and leave their children there. I hope you do not have children there. but if you do & things are as bad as you say they are, why would don't you go somewhere else? I am sure there are plenty of people that would be glad to see you go.

I have never understood people who are so negative about a school and leave their children there. I hope you do not have children there. but if you do & things are as bad as you say they are, why don't you go somewhere else? I am sure there are plenty of people that would be glad to see you go.

While this poster has nothing in this situation, nor wants to, this is unlike FR. Someone with Ryan needs to get all of the parties together and get this off of T. Nothing is being accomplished. There are pretty deep toughts being said that only FR people are aware of and while they are important, I am sure , they need to be aired face to face or at least someway. FR is a great school that have some great people involved with it and deserve an airing of positive thoughts. Good luck to the Irish.